Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altrec

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
1) We do normalize for number of games played so if you were just as Honorable as the player who played 10x more games you will still have a similar chance to get a Crest.

2) If almost all of your Honor is from your friends, then the system will be suspicious if you are truly Honorable and why you aren't getting any Honor from strangers at all.
Point two doesn't really address his concerns. Playing with friends using voice chat you are going to receive more honor from them than the other team you are not talking with in particular if you use Riots own system of disabling cross team chat(Probably the best stress reliever ever). So now the system sees you are suspicious, but what does that mean exactly? Punishment at the drop of a hat? Constant honor resets? The honor you have has no value?

TØxíÇ

10-10-2012

I have been playing and having fun with honor points , and i have been wondering what it means when i am in the loading screen and other summoners have an honor banner on their character picture. plz inform me of what this means.

sobnrood3

10-10-2012

Now I highly doubt anyone would read this: But shouldn't you make it so that friends can't give honor to friends, or at least drastically limit the amount you can give someone, to avoid the possible toxic friend influx of honor handouts?

A second question: When you receive honor, can the client say who gave it to you? Like "SummonerX (Annie) gave you +1 teamwork"?
That way you can actually figure out who it is that honored you, which can eventually make good friendships and teams?

EmPeRoRNooB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

it actually works.

mrtownbike

10-10-2012

it is kinda funny with the honor system, i talked negative to one kid on my team and yet i got honor points from both my team and the other team.

GeorgeS45

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
1) We do normalize for number of games played so if you were just as Honorable as the player who played 10x more games you will still have a similar chance to get a Crest.

2) If almost all of your Honor is from your friends, then the system will be suspicious if you are truly Honorable and why you aren't getting any Honor from strangers at all.
Hi Lyte,

So, Im concerned for #2, what if I only play with premades and even if I dont tell them to honor me, they still honor me, ofc not all of them will honor me, but a few will honor me and therefore all my honors are from friends. Would I get banned or what because its suspicious??

I MAKE IT HAPPEN

10-10-2012

them phds

Evilolive89

10-10-2012

I love it. Since the honor system has been in place, playing normals are so much more fun. Players are much more vocal about what they want/need and are much quicker to offer constructive criticism. Even when losing, LoL doesn't have that toxic vibe it used to.

Vertany

10-10-2012

Hey Lyte, someone posted this over at PBE, and I think it is a good post, what do you think of this? =)

Why can't I give "Helpful" to my opponents? (not sarcasm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
The definition given by the system is "Any summoner who helped you learn more about champions, abilities, items or strategies on the Fields of Justice."... an enemy Kayle just taught my how lifesteal interacts with her ultimate, why can't I give her helpful for that (I was previously of the understanding it was like Tryndamere)?

Also, somewhat related, I think you need different words for "helpful" with regards to "teamwork". Perhaps, "Knowledgeable" or "Resourceful"? Listening to my premades saying "And I'l give you helpful, because you helped us win but you going around instakilling isn't teamwork!".

Fedolebouzon

10-10-2012

I think we shouldnt be specting a big RP/IP reward. we must be gentile from the very begining, not only to earn prices. This is a social game, and like the real life, you have to respect the others and be polite, and this is a tool that may help yourself discovering the way. So the next time you receive an honor point, just smile for yourself and be proud, because people enjoy playing with/against you.
Yo creo que no deberiamos estar esperando ip/rp para ser buenos chicos. tenemos que ser gentiles desde el principio, y no para ganar premios. esto es un juego social, y como en la vida real, uno tiene que respetar a los demas y ser amable, y ste sistema es una herramienta que puede ayudarte a descubrir el camino. Asi que la proxima vez que recibas un punto de honor, solo sonrie para tus adentros y sientete orgulloso,porque la gente disfruta jugando con/conta ti.