Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TorturedSoup

10-10-2012

this is an awesome system. leauge has need this ever since they came out of closed beta. good job Riot, once again you give to fans what they deserve!

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLRMercedes View Post
Lyte, should I report people who verbal abused others in a Co-op game? My friends kept telling me not to cause no one cares about co-op vs. ai
from one summoner to another:

Did the other player make the game experience less enjoyable for you?
Do you think that he has any right to verbally abuse you, AI game or Normal?
Do you care about Co-Op vs. AI?
The thing is, no matter what game mode i play in, i want to enjoy myself. I do not like to be raged at, called names, or be verbally abused.
Please always report such negative behavior. It does matter. People do care.

Boner Justice

10-10-2012

^
" The thing is, no matter what game mode i play in, i want to enjoy myself. I do not like to be raged at, called names, or be verbally abused."

Sounds like you shouldn't be playing online games if you can't handle what people say.

I suggest playing Skyrim since you sound like a *****.

HalcyonGlaze

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albireo View Post
Negative Attitude reports: -29% in normals and -11% in ranked
Offensive Language reports: -35% in normals and -20% in ranked
Verbal Abuse reports: -41% in normals -17% in ranked

We have numbers now, people in normals is nicer and better people than in ranked.
They are nicer people, but not better people, at least insofar as skill is concerned. ;p

TwilghtSpark

10-10-2012

Hey Lyte here is a question for you, What champion gets the most honor?

Kason

10-10-2012

Question/Suggestion.

Will Riot eventually bring out cool things for those with higher honour value?? i.e. if I were to have a larger rating of honour (not just from quantity of honour, but quality of the votes), I would then have access to a certain skin, like a pre-fallen Morgana for example.

Spookygrampa

10-10-2012

Are you guys thinking about adding anything cool that would show up during games? Like exclusive skins? Or trading tokens so that people can trade limited/retired/legendary skins for skins or riot points if they're honorable enough?

Locutus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

I think it would be a great idea for Riot to implement a similar system for the report system.

If I think someone is a jerk, or they AFK'd the whole game I'd like them to know that it upset me. If they have a large number of dishonors (lol I'm trademarking that) then they will obviously be put up for the tribunal. But if someone gets a dishonor for being AFK then they will obviously reconsider the next time they want to abandon 4 other players.

Same could go with most of the other reasons for reporting. Don't tell them what the person said though, it could get pretty rough. And these dishonors would only last a week or two at most, so a reformed player would avoid doing bad things to help their honor out.

Just an idea.

Darion Mograine

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kačl View Post
Well, I'm not Doktor Lyte, but I'll definitely provide some input into your statements.

As for the point about "Why is honor trading even addressed when honor provides very little of an upside to begin with?" The reason is in the name. It's not just a stat; it's supposed to be a representation of how honorable you are as a player. And for that reason, it's not acceptable. It's on principle. If we let people trade honor, it's no longer honorable; and that defeats the purpose. Also, the point about how people might start to like their badges and try not to be toxic really is a bad point. If people weren't punished for trading honor, what would be the positive for a player with a badge have over someone without? Someone punished by the Tribunal wouldn't worry about losing it because they could just trade more and get it back. You know?

The point about not being honored by people on your friend's list; the point being is that often times, you're biased towards your friends and more likely to give them honor. If you're good enough in-game that you can make a great impression on a player that you've never met before, it should really mean something; and it does. More than it does if you've played with them in the past.

The idea of an honor cap is because, by definition, not every player that one meets will be honorable. It falls within a bell curve, and if someone is giving everyone in the centre of the curve honor, it means they're being quite lenient with who they're giving honor to. Do you know what I mean here?

Anyways, I hope that clears it up. Maybe Lyte can elabourate a little better than what I can, but the points are there.
I think I should be able to honor everybody who is friendly, for being friendly. I think I should be able to honor every opponent who took the loss with good sportsmanship, as an honorable opponent. So no, the cap doesn't make sense. When I have a jungle who ganks a lot, and overall is just a team player, I expect to be able to honor them for teamwork. When I'm jungling and bot lane and mid come through jungle to counter gank mid and jungle who were trying to gank me at red, I expect to be able to honor them for teamwork.

These situations, happen A LOT. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to give everybody due credit.

ChrysaorFug

10-10-2012

Do bot games cost against your ratio for games/honor for Honorable Opponent?

If it did, it'd be kind of counter-intuitive, since there's no opponents to honor you.