Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blessed Raven

10-10-2012

I was in a game yesterday, someone asked did anyone's honor get reset? I said, "Yes". I said I got 12 honors and for one of them I traded honor with a player on the other team. So 1 out of 12 I get my honor reset. He had 102 honor and told me he traded for every one of them. Seems legit....

Vothsair

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyrianlegend View Post
i have a question... so my friends keep honoring me after each game, i have told them that i dont want to be honored by team ( so i dont get banned / get a lot of "Fake" honor) they think its funny and continue to honor me.

Will i get banned for this?
They continue to honor you so you can get banned? And these are your 'friends'? I think you were asking them to honor and found out you can get banned for them. That or you need to get some different 'friends'. You can either stop playing with them or get banned imo.

Hexenir

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vothsair View Post
They continue to honor you so you can get banned? And these are your 'friends'? I think you were asking them to honor and found out you can get banned for them. That or you need to get some different 'friends'. You can either stop playing with them or get banned imo.
That's not how it works. You don't get banned for receiving Honor from your friends. What happens is that the Honor you receive from your friends worth less and less until it makes no difference receiving or not.

You get banned for *trading* Honor while being a bad influence to others - if you're giving them Honor without they deserving and they do the same to you and you both cause bad experience to other players, then you'll find yourself in trouble.

Hexenir

10-10-2012

hey Lyte, there's something weird with the system.

Honor Points fail to measure how awesome you are. Taking my case as an example, I currently have 16 Teamwork points. I heard of people receiving crests with 10, 12 points. Why don't I have a crest, I wonder. I mean, I know - because it seems I'm not a "pillar" of the community, so I don't deserve a crest. I get it. But I have no idea how far I'm from being one - for all I know, I might be a really bad experience to other players and only get Teamwork points by accident.

I really try to be a positive experience to other players - but even if I had 1000 Honor Points, I would have no idea how positive I'm actually are. So I don't know if I what I'm doing is not enough, or if it's just bad luck of mine, or if there's some other reason that I don't have a clue of.

Have you thought about a "Honor decay" system? There would be a fixed number of Honor Points to get a crest, but for each match you *didn't* receive honor, you lose a few of yours? I don't know if this would be frustrating, I'm just throwing the idea actually :P

XReyoX

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by beoboethemonky View Post
...currently the honor system is useless and any results liek the ones posted in this thread can be chalked up to poeople reporting for good behavior at the end of games...rather then bad behavior before they exit....this doesnt prove that there is a drop in bad behavior just simply that people are reporting for other things then previously do to the new options... again basic logic and if riot has phds on this id hope they know how to evaluate experiments like this..but its obvious they are void of basic knowledge of the scientific process and logic skills.
You should re-read your own posts. Just because there are more options doesn't mean people will report you less if you exhibit bad behavior, because the two categories are independent. An example would be:

I punch you really hard in the face. Then you have the option to report me to the police and get me arrested. Even if I present you with an option to vote me to be the next president, things wouldn't have changed because the two options are on separate ends of the spectrum.

This is not the same as having 10 options for honoring someone because you have to pick the best one, having more options available will decrease the occurrence of each options. One can be both helpful and friendly. But not friendly and verbally harassing you.

The system is working because people have been more friendly in general, this is what you have said yourself. And that's the goal. Very simple. Needing some fine-tuning and adjustments to prevent abuse doesn't mean it is rubbish.

KingofWoodTier

10-10-2012

I know Riot probably won't even read this, but I'd like to see an honor option for exemplary skill. I saw someone playing Ashe go 41/1 and wanted to give them honor for it, but none of the current honor items covered it.

Ñin

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
1) We do normalize for number of games played so if you were just as Honorable as the player who played 10x more games you will still have a similar chance to get a Crest.

2) If almost all of your Honor is from your friends, then the system will be suspicious if you are truly Honorable and why you aren't getting any Honor from strangers at all.
Speaking of wich (the crest) i playing a ranked game yesterday vs a vayne on the other team. I noticed she had a ribbon like thing in the top left corner of her champ picture (in pre-game and at the loading screen) is this what you are reffering to. or is it something different? Thank you for your time! =)

Winnie The Pain

10-10-2012

What a fantastic motivator for online gamers to be positive and have more fun while playing a popular game. Riot knows how to keep people playing how to keep annoying people off their servers.

XReyoX

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugue Atonale View Post
I know Riot probably won't even read this, but I'd like to see an honor option for exemplary skill. I saw someone playing Ashe go 41/1 and wanted to give them honor for it, but none of the current honor items covered it.
Skill should be reflected by Elo, not honor.

One should award honor based on the person's attitude - whether he is creating a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere for other players. You should, if you wish, honor her for teamwork in this case assuming she did coordinate with the team.

alicepants

10-10-2012

Just my two cents: I love the honor system. Overall, I felt I've had a neutral impact on the community in my time playing. I rarely rage (and never throw slurs around) and haven't been banned. But I don't often have a "positive" impact either. I play to the best of my ability and communicate as needed, but generally only use chat for tactical stuff ("mia bot," "push mid now," etc.)

With the honor system, though, I've noticed myself going out of my way to be nice, offer advice, or defend players who are being yelled at for nonsense. I suppose it's a selfish motivation (earning these points is almost as addicting as actually winning,) but hey, it works. I've actually thought "Man, I've been super nice this game, I hope someone honors me" more than once.

Anyway, bravo. It's fun.