Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dirtystuff

10-10-2012

keep the system up! i've been collecting honors alot (legit). i'm now learning to be patient and help others, hopefully the system will continue. But sometimes i spam the honor button though, for a reason.. win or lose, i will thumb up my team for trying to win and the opposing team for not whining and being a great sport.. hopefully i'm not in trouble for doing this

Zephalon

10-10-2012

Nice system.... Kudos...

teofilo

10-10-2012

This thread is far too long, so I haven't been able to read it all. However, I dont know if anyone has noticed the new kind of trolling. These are the guys that jump into champion select with some rather toxic attitudes which include, but are not limited to:
1) "I'm going top, I don't care what anyone says, otherwise I troll."
2) "Riot doesn't keep champion select logs so I can say whatever I want in here you ***** ***** ****.
3) "This is my smurf account, so I'm playing [X] champ as mid/carry/top etc, no matter what anyone else picks"

And so on...

During game, they don't say much... I had one that didn't like me at all during champion select. He had caused a previous person to dodge queue due to one of the reasons above, and I got in his team again, so I told the team that he was fairly uncooperative. He proceeded to take top, but then would take my jungle throughout the game. He tried to instigate a fight during game by saying I sucked and so on, but I just didn't answer.

We eventually won, but I did not feel like playing a game afterward.

When I checked his profile, I saw that he actually receives honor, in spite of being a jerk during champion select.

Oh well, can't sift them all, I guess...

edit: Awesome, I just got into a game exactly like the one described above... I knew I shoulda gone to bed... Ugh.

YOU SO BAD

10-10-2012

"In another example, the system caught a player who received 100% of his Honor from a premade friend. Both the giver and the recipient were also toxic players and both were punished for this behavior."

Honestly i dont see how you all stay in business.. your logic fails on so many simple subjects its ridiculous.

For example the whole point of giving honor is to reward players positively and encuarge people to fallow the summoners code. While this sounds good...you must realize this will lead to people being friendlier yes.....but..with that comes the fact that people that are honoring each other... especially the most frequent one..."being friendly" Might just add the other person as a friend... and play premade games with them....should this invalidate when honor is given between these two players? no....is there a way to program around it? no.....if you want to argue that this does invalidate it then id love to hear your logic on why a random person thats played 1 games with someone
knows whether a player deserves honor over someone who plays with them more often.

"Honor values: As mentioned above, Honor assesses the value of your exchanges. Receiving Honor from a stranger you’ve never played with before is valued more than Honor from a player who has played with you 100 times and Honored you multiple times. Design decisions like this were made to encourage players to be positive across a large number of games with a large variety of people—in fact, for the min-maxers, this is the optimal way to earn Honor.

Your prioritizing 1 time opinion over in depth opinions...which again is ignorant and actually goes against the philosophy you use to justify tribunal. Your system is set up to reward players to be friendly and take the rewards away from people at the same time if they become friendly and add each other or play more games together.. its basic logic.. and there is no way to program around it.

further more... if a profile shows somone having 1000's of honor..but that profile has been suspended before or could be in the future by another system, in this case tribunal...takes away the whole point of the honor system.. you cannot have a positive and a negative reinforcement system that are separated...

this simply makes one system pointless and useless...your saying peoples opinions in tribunal matter but not as much in the honor system....again this is basic logic...opposites cannot work together in exclusion only inclusion... i could go on and on..but im sure no one of importance will read this. PhDs my ass you all cant even make a system that fallows basic logic and problem solving.

You know what the best part is? to argue with any of this you have to admit the honor system is..

1. subsequent to tribunal and you value peoples opinions more in tribunal then in honor

and

2. by doing that your making the honor system useless and only there to trick people into being nicer. which is just plain rude..and insulting to the community's intelligence. all while stating you dont value their opinions.

i expect to get down votes as some of the community are just a void of basic reasoning skills as some of your staff is.... but this is sound basic logic of why this system does and will not and cannot work. unless modified.,,,i will say a positive reinforcement system will always work better then a negative one.

Terian

10-10-2012

I'd just like to say that I like the honor system so far. One thing that has driven me from so many online games is the general online community. People seem to feel that they can be disrespectful without consequence because hey, it's the internet. I've even come across a number of summoners when I play on my smurf (I like to try champs out or strange builds before using them on my 30) that are disrespectful all game. Someone inevitably threatens to report and they say "go ahead I don't care, my 30 got banned why do I care about this account?" Like so many other games the LoL community definitely includes some disrespectful summoners.

With the honor implementation I've noticed that the community has been quite a bit less toxic. It does make the game more enjoyable when I don't have walls of text while people argue back and forth. Hopefully it lasts, which even if it doesn't I for one am glad Riot is at least trying. Most games don't even try to improve a toxic community.

Tharios

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by beoboethemonky View Post
"In another example, the system caught a player who received 100% of his Honor from a premade friend. Both the giver and the recipient were also toxic players and both were punished for this behavior."

Honestly i dont see how you all stay in business.. your logic fails on so many simple subjects its ridiculous.

For example the whole point of giving honor is to reward players positively and encuarge people to fallow the summoners code. While this sounds good...you must realize this will lead to people being friendlier yes.....but..with that comes the fact that people that are honoring each other... especially the most frequent one..."being friendly" Might just add the other person as a friend... and play premade games with them....should this invalidate when honor is given between these two players? no....is there a way to program around it? no.....if you want to argue that this does invalidate it then id love to hear your logic on why a random person thats played 1 games with someone
knows whether a player deserves honor over someone who plays with them more often.

"Honor values: As mentioned above, Honor assesses the value of your exchanges. Receiving Honor from a stranger you’ve never played with before is valued more than Honor from a player who has played with you 100 times and Honored you multiple times. Design decisions like this were made to encourage players to be positive across a large number of games with a large variety of people—in fact, for the min-maxers, this is the optimal way to earn Honor.

Your prioritizing 1 time opinion over in depth opinions...which again is ignorant. Your system is set up to reward players to be friendly and take the rewards away from people at the same time if they become friendly and add each other or play more games together.. its basic logic.. and there is no way to program around it.

further more... if a profile shows somone having 1000's of honor..but that profile has been suspended before or could be in the future by another system, in this case tribunal...takes away the whole point of the honor system.. you cannot have a positive and a negative reinforcement system that are separated...

this simply makes one system pointless and useless...your saying peoples opinions in tribunal matter but not as much in the honor system....again this is basic logic...opposites cannot work together in exclusion only inclusion... i could go on and on..but im sure no one of importance will read this. PhDs my ass you all cant even make a system that fallows basic logic and problem solving.

You know what the best part is? to argue with any of this you have to admit the honor system is..

1. subsequent to tribunal and you value peoples opinions more in tribunal then in honor

and

2. by doing that your making the honor system useless and only there to trick people into being nicer. which is just plain rude..and insulting to the community's intelligence. all while stating you dont value their opinions.
Actually, the one-time opinion of a stranger relative to the quantity of honor which can be given is more important compared to that of a completely biased friend. The loss of perspective that might be gained for positive players by the honor gained from those who know them best is far outweighed by the improper honor not gained by those who are just getting helped out by their buddies. More benefits are gained from multiple unrelated strangers honoring the same player for good behavior in separate games than the same group of biased people just honoring a friend for its own sake in those same games.

Likewise, the two systems of the Tribunal and Honor are complimentary, and the truth is that anyone should sincerely hope the Tribunal sees less use as a result. It's the same concept as trying to give people positive incentives to obey the law, but it's absurd to remove a system of punishment for those who still violate the rules. The proper perspective of this is a layered system, not one in opposition to itself. Honor is the preventative measure, the Tribunal is the punitive one.

You sure had an awfully long post for just the two deeply flawed points.

YOU SO BAD

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharios View Post
Actually, the one-time opinion of a stranger relative to the quantity of honor which can be given is more important compared to that of a completely biased friend. The loss of perspective that might be gained for positive players by the honor gained from those who know them best is far outweighed by the improper honor not gained by those who are just getting helped out by their buddies. More benefits are gained from multiple unrelated strangers honoring the same player for good behavior in separate games than the same group of biased people just honoring a friend for its own sake in those same games.

Likewise, the two systems of the Tribunal and Honor are complimentary, and the truth is that anyone should sincerely hope the Tribunal sees less use as a result. It's the same concept as trying to give people positive incentives to obey the law, but it's absurd to remove a system of punishment for those who still violate the rules. The proper perspective of this is a layered system, not one in opposition to itself. Honor is the preventative measure, the Tribunal is the punitive one.

You sure had an awfully long post for just the two deeply flawed points.

you do realize you just said everything that i did right? thank you for agreeing with me..though i dont think you were trying to.....also your assuming anyone on somones friend list is biased witch you cant do...also quantity of honor is irrelevant like i said... your part of the community that simply doesn't understand basic reasoning.

you cannot justify in depth opinions in one system while justifying non in depth opinion in another...otherwise your justification become hypocritical . a sytem cannot be integrated and layered to compliment each other if their basic foundation or justifications are in opposition of each other. These are basic concepts taught in any intro to philosophy class.

currently the honor system is useless and any results liek the ones posted in this thread can be chalked up to poeople reporting for good behavior at the end of games...rather then bad behavior before they exit....this doesnt prove that there is a drop in bad behavior just simply that people are reporting for other things then previously do to the new options... again basic logic and if riot has phds on this id hope they know how to evaluate experiments like this..but its obvious they are void of basic knowledge of the scientific process and logic skills.

Murk Boi Wonda

10-10-2012

There is already so much incentive for receiving honor, but there is little to none for giving it! I will carry a team incredibly hard, be a good, helpful, team-oriented player, and still receive no honor after the game. It's like no one wants to give honor except the people (like me) that expect it back...

Sexiest Jayce NA

10-10-2012

I like the System - Its Great to be Able to show you respect to Your teammates or the other team. It looks good on your profile when people see that you have alot of points in Teamwork or honorable Opponent .

Even if (when playing Jarvan) you get the - Jarvan's never help - at Champion Pick XD

RagingSniper

10-10-2012

I think that this is a really good system and I love it! I was really surprised when I logged in and it said a teammate had honored me for my teamwork and it made me feel really good.
I think that there should be rewards for players that consistently get honored in there games so that this is less of a gimmick and something to serve a purpose other than making you feel good. Also with this happening there would need to be tight monitoring of honor trades.
Anyway great system thanks Riot.