Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerberus136

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

This. Is. Awesome.

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleta Man View Post
So honor is discouraging us from playing with our friends so that we can get "good" honor even though we enjoy playing with them and would honor them if they weren't our friends?
I disagree. It just means you can't just dump points on your friend after a match. I myself have given credits to a buddy of mine when he did an amazing play and worked with the randoms. (duo que) Its just case by case. If they did something to warrant some honor, then by all means give it to them.

Sporadic P0tato

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levgre View Post
In like 15 games since the honor system came out I've seen about 10 people ASKING to trade honor.

10/150 = 6.67%.

And that's just in all chat.

I'm skeptical of that ".63%".
I've never once been asked to trade honor, and I've played somewhere between 30-40 games.

Tadrin

10-09-2012

Okay, I only get to play league about once a week. Maybe 2 times if I am lucky. Will it take the same amount of stranger honor to get recognized as for someone who plays each day? I like the idea of honor and have been honored in most of my games but I feel like it will be quite a while till I am able to do much with it.

thefabulous1

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If you give Honor to players who genuinely deserve it, you'll never be banned--even if you expend all of your Honor.

We do realize that Co-op vs Bot games tend to be nicer environments so players in Co-op vs Bot games tend to run out of Honor to give more quickly. We'll keep collecting the data to see if we need to make some tweaks in this area.
Thanks so much Lyte. also; I have to say, you seem to be the only red that posts a board and stays on it to take all of our floods of questions and answers. Thanks for staying so interactive with the community. Keep up the good work.

byobsoad2

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleta Man View Post
So honor is discouraging us from playing with our friends so that we can get "good" honor even though we enjoy playing with them and would honor them if they weren't our friends?
no, Honor is preventing people from abusing the system by repeatedly giving and receiving honor to and from friends. There is no penalty for giving honor to a friend.

Catonmars

10-09-2012

So does every ban reset your honor? I'm aware I got banned for legitimate reasons, but reading what has been posted I feel like there's an implication that I was trading honor. This is not true for several reasons. One of them being that I don't even have all chat turned on making it impossible for me to honor trade with opponents and I've had several honorable opponent rewards.

I don't see why it's considered impossible for a person to be friendly and likable some games and not as friendly in other without there being some kind of trading involved.

RepossessedSoul

10-09-2012

i would like to see the populations behind your statistics please. I agree that the honor system has the potential to curtail the low to mid range amounts of negative behavior (by low to mid rang i mean people that are not insta trolls or just ugly people to deal with but are decent people that can get set off) but without some sort of carrot to cancel out the stick of the tribunal (which is a whole different subject in and of itself) i dont see how its going to drastically change the way how people are in game. If the goal of the system is to just provide motivation for that group of players that aren't permanently awful to not be awful and to reinforce good behavior, congrats on the implementation, and thank you for implementing something like this.

However one weeks worth of results may not show the true level of impact something like this has on a game the shear size and scale of League of Legends.

But with that being said i just wanted to know what you were measuring the statistics you mentioned in your first post off of, as they kind of leave me wondering what sort of player population you were pooling from; such as was it from a 100,000 player pool, or 100 players over a set span of games or what.

Some clarity on that would be appreciated, and if you could implement some sort of reward for the program that would be absolutely fantastic, even as it stands with just the little ribbons saying honorable opponent thats cool but could you make achievements out of this? just an idea

Vocust

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
  • Negative Attitude reports: -29% in normals and -11% in ranked
  • Offensive Language reports: -35% in normals and -20% in ranked
  • Verbal Abuse reports: -41% in normals -17% in ranked
So does this also reflect a decline in actual negative behavior or are people just reporting less now that the honor system is in place?

Kronicler

10-09-2012

gj lyte&riot!