Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

innervation

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xasifx View Post
looks like lyte left the thread

Well thanks for spending so long on it though! We appreciate it.
Actually Lyte is notoriously good about reading every response in his threads. He'll be back.

When he was working on matchmaking, I believe he ventured to read and reply to every email he was sent that detailed different ... strange scenarios in matchmaking.

Dreggon

10-09-2012

@Lyte: I'd really like to be able to Honor people after I leave the post-game lobby. Sometimes the lobby won't show up or I'll get disconnected from PVP.net and won't be able to honor people. Other times I forget then go "wait, oops".

TempusVen

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by innervation View Post
I think Teamwork as a label is too ambiguous.
I guess what I'm saying is, I feel like there is a difference between the MVP of a match, and showing exemplary teamwork, but now that the honor system is in place, I also feel compelled to honor the person who contributed more than their (albeit totally subjective) 20% share of the win. This is so long as they don't say anything explicitly trolly or dishonorable.

To get back to why I quoted that specific part of Lyte's post, I think since the teamwork label is more performance oriented, I lean towards honoring for that over friendly, even if they are tied.
Since we can only honor for one thing, I agree with this approach. "Friendly" takes a backseat to "Teamwork" in a game where all too often players are more concerned with their own kdr than the team, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieDestroys View Post
I am a support main although I play everything a fair amount. I have found that supports very rarely get honored in comparison to mid/adc especially and jungle/top some. As someone who is very incentive-driven, it makes me want to play support less, which is too bad as there aren't a ton of people who want to play it in the first place.
Would a more support-specific honor button be out of the question? Helpful could apply but the current description indicates helpful only in terms of mentoring or setting up strategy, not making great assists and saves.
Yeah, while I seem to get a lot of "Honorable Opponents," as a support I usually get Helpful or Friendly, ironically enough, considering Teamwork is the Support's entire job description. I would be 100% behind a minor alteration to the Helpful description to include keeping people alive, because that's what I assume my team means with them.

Anyway, fantastic job, Riot! My favorite addition in a while; My games are so much more friendly since the launch!

MuffinOfLove

10-09-2012

The system seems to be working great lyte, it was a very good idea for riot to do.

I still think rewards need to be worked on, I know you shouldn't have to offer awards for people to be umm decent, but without them I think the system will eventually fail.

I think there's been a lot of great ideas and it doesn't have to be anything spectacular, maybe some forums badges, low RP or IP, just something for players to work towards and in due time I think it'll just be common sense to be nice to eachother like it always should have been.

FrankenFood

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
So far, 4 have been discovered.
Does that mean there are still honor crests that are undiscovered!??

TofuShift

10-09-2012

Hey Dr Lyte! I'm sure you've already consider this, but what about people giving honor to popular players? For example, some streamers have crests, but are no more honorable than the next guy. Some are actually worse and pretty toxic. Vman7 for example, who just mentioned he got 60 honor from randoms, no doubt due to popularity.

Sincerely,

Mr. Jelly

Havocmeister

10-09-2012

I hate reading forums, and I hate replying to them even more, but I have to say something with this Honor system. I've had LoL for a long while and I've stopped a few times because of how cruel and insensitive players have been. In the last week I started playing again, and this Honor system has been amazing. I've gone entire games without any grief. Even when players openly admit to only being nice so they get Honor, I don't care because they're being nice. The game has become a lot more fun thanks to this.

Cheers

2 Percent Phat

10-09-2012

I love honor, and have luckily not been with any spammers, although i think the lines between teamwork, and he was really good, are a bit blurred

LittleDi

10-09-2012

I don't see the question asked. To me honor is not very important. I'm getting notified of the +1's every time I gain one. Where is the option to turn this notification off? I find it more annoyance than use.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Seriously.

Where are these crests at?

Even looking people up I don't see them anywhere ?.?