Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xkhazixmaster18

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreggon View Post
I've gotten fairly even reports of Friendly/Teamwork despite not changing my behaviour (except that one time I played Trundle and people reported me when I said I was trolling ). Helpful is hard because to help somebody to the degree that they honor you with Helpful, they have to be pretty terrible at the game at level 30 to need that help - and if it's more general help, you'll get pinged for Teamwork instead.

My method of 'farming' honor is to pick Xin, then spend the entire game quoting Mulan. It works out pretty well - people laugh and give me honor, and I'm listening to Mulan so I get plenty of kills.
I've had cases where I'd literally be called helpful by a teammate in game (for showing them colorblind mode or recommending items) and got honor after the game... Friendly honor :3

I think that the reason why helpful is so hard to get is because the wording makes you NOT WANT TO ADMIT that someone just helped you. I think it needs to be merged with friendly and a different measurement should be put in place

Also I'm bumping my earlier post since I want answers >: )
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasifx View Post
Lyte, I have a question about the badges you earn. You said there were 4 badges discovered, obviously implying you have more hidden badges.

I tried to write this out a bit differently but it got wordy, so ill use numbers.

Honor when recieving flash animation and ribbon: 10 honorable opponent

Current Honor
~15 Friendly
~5 Helpful
~30 Teamwork
~50 Honorable Opponent

Since the original badge, i have not seen any new animations/ribbons.

So I have three questions:

Can one player have more than one distinction?

Is the ribbon the color of the highest distinction or the first distinction?
(I don't know if it's in anything other than red since I havn't seen it on anyone else yet and I'm just taking people's word for it :/ )

Are there higher tiers of honor currently accessible?

Also I worry that my relatively high honor might be cause for a reset. Could you check my games to make sure there isn't any? I mostly play with randoms, but a lot of them like to beg for honor :/

ch1runo

10-09-2012

This system is awesome... works SO MUCH BETTER than just simply reporting.

treef0rm

10-09-2012

Thanks for the stats. I think a lot of people just forget about honoring ppl after games, but it feels good when someone notices your positive attitude and honors you

Ayketh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Lyte, a small question. (a few small questions)

When you created the different honor types, were you and the team aware that "teamwork" would probably become the most commonly given honor? To me, it seems like a bit of a catch all title, as the idea of teamwork is much more general and possibly encompasses the other honors as well.

What surprised you and the team who created the honor initiative the most, in specific to the creation of the specific honor types and the fact that you can only chose one?

Were there other honor types that were thought of that either didn't fall through but were considered during its development?

fertybrando

10-09-2012

I played with Lyte in a real game. He was pretty boss.

hellasow

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyrianlegend View Post
i have a question... so my friends keep honoring me after each game, i have told them that i dont want to be honored by team ( so i dont get banned / get a lot of "Fake" honor) they think its funny and continue to honor me.

Will i get banned for this?

i would think you would not because your not giving honor back to them. Or you could stop playing with your "friends" if they will not respect your wishes

F0ur7hH0rseman

10-09-2012

Amazing system. Really helps to clean up some trollers.

Saduqi

10-09-2012

I think honor should be used as like a currency to buy champions.

Soraka Goes Mid

10-09-2012

I'm not one to question science, but I'm not so sure about your results. I've been getting honor and trying to honor people where I can, but I've still been having to report toxic players just as much. There's always at least one guy in every game who thinks they're god's gift to games, so they feel the right to tell everyone else how much they suck. And unfortunately the honor system hasn't changed that from my experience. And of course, if you tell those players you're going to report them, they'll just report you in return. So I'm sorry, this helps, but it doesn't quite fix the problem.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Ok seriously. Where do you guys see these crests at?