Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mousekime

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaverKing View Post
I love the new honour system. I get its mostly just another vector to measure player interaction but its already having a huge effect on in-game comportment. Now if something could be done about toxic players continuously making new accounts at low level and scaring off newbies...

Also:

How much money is Riot making?

I get that the month before MoP came out League had more users than WoW but...

--multimillion-dollar annual prize pools
--a staff explosion of like 1000% (or more) in 2 years
--New in-game tracking systems and statistical analysis provided by teams of PhD economists, statisticians, physicists(?), etc.
--multiple creative teams working on new Characters, maps (?) and game modes

...and who knows how big the army of imp(tern)s in the "custserv" department is by now...

...not only paid for but profitable despite the game being "free" to play.

...nowIsaywhat?
A player who buys every champion and their skins on release probably spends 50 dollars a month on this game - twice that which WoW costs, add in sponsors and advertising profits...

Sybil Cut

10-09-2012

Doktor Lyte;

Out of curiosity, have you guys considered adding a small, rare token of honor on the forums, perhaps?

What I was thinking was changing the word "Member". It's something that is recognizable enough, that maybe after 30 honor in each category or something it would change from "Junior/Senior Member" to "Junior/Senior Exemplar".

Not only is it a really cool title, it would give a small appreciation and recognition on the forums to very positive players.

Farganon

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whltera View Post
(THIS IS JUST A THEORY)

Being hateful is built inherently into the game mechanically. The reason is as follows, it is a team game, where you do not have any control over the outcome of the game individually. If you are playing very well, then the rest of your team can very easily screw you over, so you naturally blame everything on the team. It's also a game where if one of your teammates suck, then they don't just hinder your team, they actively help the other team by giving them experience and gold. As a result you inherently become hostile and suspicious of everyone you ever play with, and that results in massive hate-fests.
- Quote from Totalbiscuit

I would tend to agree, but that's just me
Sounds about right to me.

A Flock Of Teemo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I found out that apparently I am a very awesome and helpful teammate. I LOVE THIS THING!

an uglyloser

Recruiter

10-09-2012

I love this idea. I think (if this isn't being done already) the player who was honored should be notified via RIOT message. This will be a good positive reinforcement that our positive play was noticed and recognized.

senorbushy

10-09-2012

i dont know if this should be posted here but, i believe that after you get so many "honor" points from people with the values low from friends and high from randoms there should be some kind of limited skin rewards system or get a champ/skin 10% rp off for so many reward points. this is what i think might encourage players to be kinder to others.

ZeroCool070

10-09-2012

I'm just wondering, in the future will you make a reward that is given to players with good behaivior and non-toxic behavior and those with high honor or have been getting honored by players we never met?

Darion Mograine

10-09-2012

I like the system a lot, but there are a couple things that I don't understand.

Honor "swapping" seems an unnecessary problem to address for a couple of reasons. First off, being punished by the tribunal resets your honor. Secondly, honor in itself doesn't add anything to your account other than some bells and whistles, which again, these people would lose because if they are bad for the community they will get reported. If they get their badges and like them enough, they will stop being "Toxic" in an attempt to keep them.

Getting honored by people on your friends list doesn't seem like a problem that should be addressed either. If I play well, win or lose, and still do my best to support the team, why should I be punished? When I lose I say GGWP and take the loss. When I win I say GGWP and move on from there. I don't mock players, I don't bash my teammates, I try my best to stop people from arguing, and yet if I consistently queue with one or two people who honor me... that's swapping? I don't queue with them because they honor me, I queue with them because I like playing with them.

The honor cap is also baffling to me. We're supposed to be giving out honor to players, yet I hit a cap and couldn't honor anymore. I played a bunch of matches with good players who were honorable opponents, or were just really friendly and didn't rage when I made mistakes. I'm being told not to honor these players, because I'll run out of honor to give. If you check my stats, you'll notice that I've given far more honor to people not on my friends list, then to people who were. The cap is kind of unnecessary considering yet again, if you are reported enough and punished, your honor is reset.

Just my thoughts on it currently. Still a great system though, and off to a wonderful start!

A Master Shaco

10-09-2012

Lyte, I was given a warning for something that happened before HI was introduced to Live servers. I still lost all my honor even though it was a measly warning, that in my opinion didn't warrant punishment in the first place..
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5755962/

Luffy Belmont

10-09-2012

This is awsome!, itīs like the honor in "werewolf the apocalypse" my favorite rol game