Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bewarden

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You won't be banned if friends keep Honoring you; however, you won't get full value out of your Honors.
This concerns me. Why don't you just add a restriction/rule that you can only give honor to the same person for such a such time/game instead of letting people vote/trade honor over and over? THEN, run some mechanic to determine if these players are toxic or not.

BBQ CHICKEN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

This is so awesome. Even though people are showing fake friendliness, it's certainly way better than raging!

Indeoque

10-09-2012

This is an awesome system my kudos. But if not previously posted *forgive me for not reading 60 previous pages* How about some rewards for reaching so much honor in a category... a player icon or title, would be great

KhayelC

10-09-2012

At first i was skeptical about this because of the exploits, but it seems you guys have been taking it all into consideration The system works pretty well. Whenever you finish a game and a pop-up says that you have been awarded an honor point it makes you feel good about yourself which will make you be a positive force in the league of legends community. Great job riot

Harutan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalmaverick View Post

At first, it revealed itself to be a sort of easy way to get personal recognition in games for good behaviour. People would just incessantly praise every single move by their team and the other for it's weight in gold (honour).

Now I believe that the truly pessimistic summoners are being slowly revealed and the honour system is left for those who truly do have patience and are willing to give advice to other players. All the flamers will continue to flame and be punished, while those who have always be good and wish to be changed will be rewarded.
And I, shall be the GOD of this new world!
-Lyte Yagami

BabyTossinBandit

10-09-2012

(THIS IS JUST A THEORY)

Being hateful is built inherently into the game mechanically. The reason is as follows, it is a team game, where you do not have any control over the outcome of the game individually. If you are playing very well, then the rest of your team can very easily screw you over, so you naturally blame everything on the team. It's also a game where if one of your teammates suck, then they don't just hinder your team, they actively help the other team by giving them experience and gold. As a result you inherently become hostile and suspicious of everyone you ever play with, and that results in massive hate-fests.
- Quote from Totalbiscuit

I would tend to agree, but that's just me

FoxitoOwn

10-09-2012

I make simple at the beggining of the game i point to all i give two honors one for my team one for the other, and i think i evaluete very good in all aspects, like most kills, most helping and most friendly, with thatt sistem i collected so many honors i dont know how much but a few in one week c ya ppl see u online

Wispofdoom

10-09-2012

If I have a good game, I sometimes give honor to every player in the game. I hope that isn't an offense...

iConjones

10-09-2012

Nice this system is turning out to be good

ReaverKing

10-09-2012

I love the new honour system. I get its mostly just another vector to measure player interaction but its already having a huge effect on in-game comportment. Now if something could be done about toxic players continuously making new accounts at low level and scaring off newbies...

Also:

How much money is Riot making?

I get that the month before MoP came out League had more users than WoW but...

--multimillion-dollar annual prize pools
--a staff explosion of like 1000% (or more) in 2 years
--New in-game tracking systems and statistical analysis provided by teams of PhD economists, statisticians, physicists(?), etc.
--multiple creative teams working on new Characters, maps (?) and game modes

...and who knows how big the army of imp(tern)s in the "custserv" department is by now...

...not only paid for but profitable despite the game being "free" to play.

...nowIsaywhat?