Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghan04

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We're keeping a close eye on this behavior for now.
Psychology is fun sometimes. :P

fertybrando

10-09-2012

I have to disagree with those final numbers. In nearly every game I play, people are saying "honor me" and often follow with "I'll honor everyone here" and attempt to trade honor. I would say literally 90% of the games I play are like this. I never participated in this, yet my honor was reset to 0.

I had better hopes for the honor system but I never traded nor asked for honor nor spammed honor to/from anybody and yet I got reset.

It seems to me the honor system is pointless if it will just get reset randomly when you don't even do anything wrong.

I was paying attention to how much honor I had, but now I don't even bother to look, it will probably just reset again without any explanation as to why.

Jackrich

10-09-2012

Kudos to riot on making such a nifty thing. I've noticed a real change and I'm glad you guys are showing us, in total, what the numbered results are. Riot is really stepping up the way games are played. Thanks for all the love guys

CrazyPineapple5

10-09-2012

Hi Lyte!
I apoligize if this question has already been answered.

First off, keep up the great work! I really appreciate that changes are being made to keep the community all good!

I play with my friend almost every game I play. If I give honor quite a bit to people, would it look suspicious since I am doing pre-made matches? I don't want it to look suspicious in the honor system just because I am playing one game type with one person every single time (I'm not giving honor to my friend every time, just to other random people who deserve it).

Thanks in advance!

-Crazypineapple5

P.S. Sorry if there are grammar or spelling issues!

W0lfofDawn

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyrianlegend View Post
i have a question... so my friends keep honoring me after each game, i have told them that i dont want to be honored by team ( so i dont get banned / get a lot of "Fake" honor) they think its funny and continue to honor me.

Will i get banned for this?
i hope not,because although it has happened to me,iv never been banned because of this.so i hope it stays to where they can do statistics to show, who is acctualy good

JTLrules

10-09-2012

I think it might be a good idea to have a tribunal like thing but for honor, where people give honor to the person then it is reviewed to see if it is actually legit.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
28 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertybrando View Post
I have to disagree with those final numbers. In nearly every game I play, people are saying "honor me" and often follow with "I'll honor everyone here" and attempt to trade honor. I would say literally 90% of the games I play are like this. I never participated in this, yet my honor was reset to 0.

I had better hopes for the honor system but I never traded nor asked for honor nor spammed honor to/from anybody and yet I got reset.

It seems to me the honor system is pointless if it will just get reset randomly when you don't even do anything wrong.

I was paying attention to how much honor I had, but now I don't even bother to look, it will probably just reset again without any explanation as to why.
You were banned by the Tribunal and should have received a Reform Card explaining your ban. When a player is banned, their Honor is reset.

Agam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Dr. Lyte,

You've mentioned that some some honor is worth more and that value of honor is decreased if spammed. Could you please elaborate on this please? For example, are some peoples honor valued so high that you get 2-3 points in the field they chose to honor you in. How do I know that I'm getting the higher value honor?

cornpirde

10-09-2012

Love this new system it actually makes me wanna play support and I've been seeing less trolls

CannonFodderTed

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertybrando View Post

I will say I have seen a lot of that behavior as well, referring to the "Honor for everyone. Plz honor me too!" kind of stuff. Not sure how many people are actually doing that but I know for myself, I do not ever honor anyonewho ASKS for the honor or says things like those things. I do keep a mental note during the match if if someone is doing honorable actions which sometimes leads me to honoring a person or a couple people after the match and sometimes I honor nobody because nobody stood out to me as exceptionally honorable.