Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I personally have no use for honor I don't need a gold star for not being a ******bag, I do like that honor gives children an incentive to not be jackasses.

NotSid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Ok, who are the ones downvoting all the posts that agree with this system? Probably trolls who aren't getting honor and getting banned, right?

I laugh at you.

Supaka

10-09-2012

I personally think it should not be frowned upon to tell someone you are planning on giving them honor.

If I am playing a game and we are working really well together as a team I make it a point to recognize this fact during the game and not just click the button after the fact.

Would be nice if we could see the formula behind ribbon gains...

thefabulous1

10-09-2012

Lyte, apparently I was too generous with honor; and hit the point where I have to play more games to gain honor to give out. I play mostly bot matches, which I think most people can agree it's a more passive gameplay and a lot less tension among players. I don't want to get banned; and I learned that I can only give out +2 honor per bot match; but I genuinely feel like a huge majority of the people I play with are nice there. can you just provide an equation of how much honor we get? is it like an honor bank we buil up to give out depending on matches? do norms let us give out more honor? is this a bannable offense even though I don't know these people; it doesn't unlock anything, why is it bannable?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
4 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyrianlegend View Post
thanks for the reply! also one more question, will this have a Negative effect towards me earning one of the crests or is it going to neutral?
It's neutral. The optimal way to earn a Crest is still to play with a wide variety of players and have lots of strangers enjoy playing with you and Honor you.

byobsoad2

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
Pretty funny, I rarely honor, only in cases where somebody truly stands out, and people get angry at that. Its almost like i have to honor people to keep them happy.
keep doing that, and ignore the people getting angry; they don't deserve it anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanoceros View Post
literally the only thing it does is affect some in game chat. which is great considering how some people acted and talked; but other than that it just seems pointless.
that is the whole point of it

Baneson

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not5id View Post
Ok, who are the ones downvoting all the posts that agree with this system? Probably trolls who aren't getting honor and getting banned, right?

I laugh at you.
Don't worry. I fixed it.

Question for Dr. Lyte:

What is the most striking piece of data that you've noticed since Honor has been released? Believe that you answered this question once before, but I forget the answer and I'd like to know if its changed.

Lyte

10-09-2012
5 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevgz View Post
I have a suggestion.

What if players were able to know how many honor points they legitimately got. That is, if you have 50 friendly points and 25 were given by friends only 25 are truly valuable and they could be displayed in a second row (only visible to yourself)

On a side note, i the other day i saw Yellowpete and he had the red ribbon with less than 20 honorable points while other players don't have it with 30+. Is it right to assume that the higher the elo the more valuable it is (more elo = less population in that range)?
We don't have adjustments based on Elo. Yellowpete probably just got a lot of Honor from different strangers.

Tyquandoh

10-09-2012

gj, now maybe you can get the free champs for this week going huh?

Lyte

10-09-2012
6 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabulous1 View Post
Lyte, apparently I was too generous with honor; and hit the point where I have to play more games to gain honor to give out. I play mostly bot matches, which I think most people can agree it's a more passive gameplay and a lot less tension among players. I don't want to get banned; and I learned that I can only give out +2 honor per bot match; but I genuinely feel like a huge majority of the people I play with are nice there. can you just provide an equation of how much honor we get? is it like an honor bank we buil up to give out depending on matches? do norms let us give out more honor? is this a bannable offense even though I don't know these people; it doesn't unlock anything, why is it bannable?
If you give Honor to players who genuinely deserve it, you'll never be banned--even if you expend all of your Honor.

We do realize that Co-op vs Bot games tend to be nicer environments so players in Co-op vs Bot games tend to run out of Honor to give more quickly. We'll keep collecting the data to see if we need to make some tweaks in this area.