Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Causey

10-09-2012

So Riot,

Do you think that players who are not toxic yet trade honor be punished? Just a question i was thinking of. If a player is no threat to the community, or is "neutral" as you call them. I do not believe they should be punished for just trading honor. Yes i see where it is relevant when looking for a "Truly Honorable Player" but the goal was to make a more positive community and that is what you have done.

late4dinner

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by leothorn View Post
Honor system reducing players to dithering dumasses . People have stopped even criticizing **** moves by players . If someone is wrong he has to be told he is wrong not cajoled into ohh gj ....It pisses me off..
Do we want to stop constructive criticism all together ??
I don't really agree. If criticism is truly constructive, it's usually rewarded with a helpful honor point. There are positive ways to help people get better. You don't have to tell a teammate who is screwing up "gj", but you do need to tell them things like "you should try to check your mini-map a little more, sona put a ward there to help you see the gank coming" or "you should maybe consider using flash instead of ghost for that champ, it'll help you get out of trouble better".

It's even better if you can start a dialogue with them to see why they did whatever you thought was a boneheaded move. That way you can decide if it truly was boneheaded (and they should be warned why that's a bad idea) or if it was just poorly executed (in which case you let them know how it could have been accomplished more effectively).

Above all, the most important thing to remember when you're trying to actually help your teammate is attitude. If you say things that sound condescending and know-it-all they are almost as likely to ignore you as if you just rage at them and call them names.

Bûnny

10-09-2012

Cool! Some of the best things Riot released since Teemo! Good job Riot!

And I'm glad that it has been working!

Bobburn

10-09-2012

Yeah, I wanna know why I've got 26 honorable opponent but still haven't gotten the banner....

Redwind5527

10-09-2012

i had a game 2 days ago were some guy said "give me honor and ill give you blue" i reported the guy but do you guys think this might happen alot more in the future?

TonkaTrollyTrain

10-09-2012

I would like to have the ability to mark an opponent as friendly. I often enjoy the cross-team chat. Maybe they weren't a good opponent, but had fun anyway.

Otherwise, haven't had any real issues with this. Hope it continues to promote a positive community.

NoFriesWithThat

10-09-2012

I miss the raging... hahaha

falcontribe

10-09-2012

As a reward for being honorable consistently you could receive a badge or an icon on your profile and in the load screen. this would encourage people to be nice for a longer period of time and not stop being nice when/if honor loses its value. Just a thought.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
18 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAzalea View Post
Okay-- another question.
(and the only answer to the other rhetorical question posed back at me is ... "Uhh...so you follow your gut???")

Have you considering making an option to have your name shown or remain anonymous?
I always wonder who it was from a previous game who decided to honor me. I imagine everyone kind of feels that way at some point. While I understand the fun of anonymity, sometimes I think it'd be nice to attach my name, too. Maybe I want my support to know it was me, their AD carry and not someone else, who gave them that "friendly" recognition. Sure, one can assume who honors you in a game, but when you get more than 2 it gets a little hard to guess! I think you get my point... :P

Options are lovely things! <3
We considered (and are still considering) features like this, but it's not something we're actively working on in the next phase. For players who are excessive cheaters, this is another piece of information that could support their trading and help them determine if the trade was 'successful.'

SlappindaBass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

system is good.

its like i really could care less but then again its fun to collect it at the same time.

even though i am prob anticipating my honor being reset to zero, i am getting more than i thought =)