Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fayt Zephyr

10-09-2012

A problem I'm seeing is people begging for honor. After every match, all you see is spam of "honor me plz". Doing that completely defeats the purpose of getting honored. If you deserve it, you'll get it. If you ask for it, you don't deserve it.

HayApples

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

One of the most positive things about the honor system is leaving the game and seeing the pop-up about honor gained... basically created a positive feedback loop about the experience and incentivizing the player to keep up their good behavior.

But I must ask the question... why doesn't this happen on negative reports? If players saw post-game messages that they were being reported for trolling, abuse, negative behavior, etc, I suspect they would be more apt to improve their standing in future games. It would also curb this persistent condition of "OMG WHY WAS I BANNED" before it gets to that state.

DoranSiegeTower

10-09-2012

If fake honor is catchable and you want to include honor rewards you could send codes to an individuals account via email and have a special honor store page where the code recieved by email is necessary to enter the shop

Lojay The Lover

10-09-2012

I believe riot should give rp or bonuses to those with alot of honor! That way everybody will be honorable!

Avatoxico

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I just want you to know that i'm a better player now. Actually, i didn't play many games after the honor system, but i think i wasn't been reported in any game after that, now i think before do anything that will offend my teammates.

I'm sorry for my old behaviour. Haven't trolled, intentionally feed , but, dat offensive language... well, i changed, i got 3 teamwork points and 1 honorable opponent so far. ( After , something like 6~7 games )

Ps: As you can see, english is not my first language, but i think you will understand.

Shiro Emiya

10-09-2012

Quick question Does anyone know if the honorable player uhm.. like band thing you see on opponents is because you have honored them yourself or if they have just been honored alot ?

Wal1ace

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx2TailsxX View Post
"We tasked nearly half a dozen PhDs and statisticians to this problem"
Annnnnd how much did this cost may I ask? Because if you can do this, why can't you do Championships?
Other then that I'm glad this is working. I don't honor my friends because its obvious its trolling. But if they honor me, well....I must have done something right xD

:Edit: - Do you guys plan on giving the "well honored" summoner's like a prize or something after so many points? How about being able to spend those points for things. Like each point is 10-20 IP or something. I think that would go over nicely.
giving prizes like that will lead to massive abuse.

Kaza Ookami

Recruiter

10-09-2012

are there any plans to add a reward system to the honor system? like say XX amount of honor will reward you with XX RP/IP?

Skuntank

10-09-2012

The honour system is truly great, because I can now show my appreciation to friendly and courteous allies and opponents alike. This is a great innovation and I have seen fewer toxic players since it's innovation. Thank you, Riot.

down4zero

10-09-2012

A good way to stop cyber bullying and trolls