Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Moon

10-09-2012

I like to give honor to people who don't rage in games but i feel restricted by the small amount of honor I can give out. I dont get reported sooo are there any plans to increase the amunt of honor we can bestow?

Mantheon Mandrop

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Moon View Post
I like to give honor to people who don't rage in games but i feel restricted by the small amount of honor I can give out. I dont get reported sooo are there any plans to increase the amunt of honor we can bestow?
Thats the man for you, restricting the things you do. ANARCHY

Kingirth

10-09-2012

hey lyte i got a honorable opponent pop up when i logged in this morning, does this mean i got the honorable badge and i assume its based of averages, so if my average goes below a certain threshold will i lose the badge?

StarBubbles

10-09-2012

Oh hey, that's very good news!

ReasonablyInsec

10-09-2012

Personally, I think that a great way to use Honor would be, when you hit a certain level of honor, you can get a refund credit. It won't really affect the game, give you more of a reason to get honor, and solve your "problem" on getting more refund credits.

Samuri Kni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Dr Lyte, would really appreciate some insight on this ~

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2629499

Thanks

Bees

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

• Pattern recognition: Honor was designed to recognize patterns. For example, Honorable players who are true positive should not be reported very often.
    • As an example, the system caught a player who was reported in 100% of his games after Honor launched, but he also got Honor in nearly every game. This obvious trader was caught.
Hi. I thought I'd bring up a problem with this example of an "obvious" trader. In games I often see people accuse others of being unskilled all game. They will throw insults in /all and are toxic in general. These people also usually say something like "report PlayerX" at the end. In this case if I can see the person stayed in the game and tried to play despite this abuse I always give them a recognition as honorable opponent (I'd likely give him friendly player if he was on my team, depending on the situation).

So I can see a player that is generally unskilled getting a lot of reports and honor in the same match, even though he has made no attempt to trade. Just saying, that example you gave might not be quite so obvious an example of honor trading.

Wal1ace

10-09-2012

~Lyte~

The new Honor system was a complete surprise from the beginning. During the first several games i have to admit that i forgot to give out or even think to give out rewards for the good players. I feel that after implementing the tribunal that this can be a very useful tool to acknowledge the good players in league. after seeing your guys percentages on abuse of the system it gives me a lot of hope for this particular tool. just from experience in other games i can say that if rewards for the honor system become substantial i can see how it could be abused at a higher rate. Icons and very small detailed rewards are great RP or skin or other more substantial rewards would cause i definite increase in abuse. Being an active member of the tribunal i see allot of people that are just down right embarrassing to themselves as a person, being vulgar and not caring to the point of actually saying report me is beyond comprehension. For all those that accept the code of conduct and are rewarded with this new honor system i believe should defiantly stand out. this is just an idea Riot but i think it would be neat, how about an icon that goes from an angelic figure to an demonic on a scale so to speak with multiple options for the honor system. A collaboration of the honor vs dishonorable acts. we have few options for honoring people they go teamwork helpful and friendly. maybe an icon to demonstrate what they have been rewarded the most with. for example they have a lot of honorable opponents maybe an icon like a smiley face with a sword an shield to show hes a fighter. if we had another option in the honor system like cowardly make an icon like that. Just an idea i know you guys have teams of developers already brainstorming these ideas i just thought i would put my 2 cents in. having a scale from good to bad would be a way to minimize the abuse for instance, lets say a person and hes or her team agree to honor each other but they get in game and they act like a total jerks. There could be an other than honorable or maybe thumbs down and reason like unhelpful not a team player not friendly. it would most certainly emphasize the use of the system. I am aware that this dishonorable idea could be abused as well but having limited amounts of rewarding or giving dishonorable acts will curve that abuse. maybe have a set amount of votes per game lets say 3 votes in 5s and 2 votes in 3s that would make it more of a thought process behind it. Another idea is and MVP thing or a mhp (most honorable player) after the game ends and votes are casted this could were a small reward could be accumulated, depending on how many mhp's you have accumulated you could receive a background on the icon i mention earlier. These are just a few ideas i had just giving some feedback. sorry for any grammar mistakes not the best typer in the world but i try. Thanks for reading the post hope it helped and thanks for making are League experience more fun.

Xx2TailsxX

10-09-2012

"We tasked nearly half a dozen PhDs and statisticians to this problem"
Annnnnd how much did this cost may I ask? Because if you can do this, why can't you do Championships?
Other then that I'm glad this is working. I don't honor my friends because its obvious its trolling. But if they honor me, well....I must have done something right xD

:Edit: - Do you guys plan on giving the "well honored" summoner's like a prize or something after so many points? How about being able to spend those points for things. Like each point is 10-20 IP or something. I think that would go over nicely.

Devare

10-09-2012

I might have missed the boat on this, but what exactly is the point of honor? I know you want to give summoners things like rewards and stuff later down the line like 300 rp or something like that..... However what is exactly there to keep people from being complete *******s that don't care about honor at all or cares about what honor does? Does it allow people to find matches faster? Does it mean you are nice if you get a lot of it; even though you can literally be friendly, helpful or a team worker and just not get honor because people hit play again rather then press 2-3 buttons? It just seems like it really is just left to be a standard honor system where you get someone on your team that may or may not be a complete *******, but they are an ******* none the less when you finish the game. It'd be nice to have a concrete definition of what honor is here and now and what it will do in the future for season 3. At the moment it just seems like a 'hope' system more than anything else.