Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primanocte

10-09-2012

People are just as bad as ever from what I've seen since Honor was released. Probably because people realize how worthless the Honor system is. Maybe there was a short term decrease is negative play, but it won't last.

Honor

10-09-2012

Aww guys. You didn't have to make me a whole system. You could have just given me some RP :X

Zat

10-09-2012

The only thing I would like to add to this system would be a listing of % honor of each type per game since it came out.

So, if you played 5 games and got 2 honorable opponent per game, you would have an honorable opponent ratio of 2.0. This would be awesome for those of us who don't play a ton, as in the current system those who play super often end up with a ton more honor :P

It's fine to still show the total amount of honor, it would just be good to have the ratio as well

Other than that, honor has been amazing. Almost every game I've been in has been way more civil.

Zetasphere

10-09-2012

I appreciate this initiative and taking your own time to keep us up to date, Lyte. You and the rest of the PB&J team are doing pretty well.

My question may not be able to be answered, if only because of the tiny set of data you have acquired thus far. So be it. How well do you see this Honor initiative working a month from now? Six months? A year? The life of the game? In the beginning we're seeing something pretty positive, but for how long? What other options are you looking at for the inevitable downturn in participants?

Mantheon Mandrop

10-09-2012

I live and die by honor. I protect the innocense,and save the damsel in distress. I am the highlander. There can only be one!

WhatDoesntFoxSay

10-09-2012

I hardly play this game any more, but I love the idea, and fully support the honor intiative. May those truly deserving recieve honor, and may everyone attempt to be as honorable as possible as they play lol and live out the rest of their lives.

Corngina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Lyte- So the way honor decays... is this a function of time or of games played?

In other words, will i lose my hypothetical 'crest' if don't play that frequently over subsequent time periods? Or is it more of a ratio of how many games youve been honored compared to how many games youve played?

xPau

10-09-2012

An excellent system. A great psychology study.

The League of Legends community has been very negative until this system came about. I have played over 2,500 ranked games this season, so believe me when I see a difference.

Sheepcraft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Am I the only one who didn't get nice players after honor? ( ._.)

Leahxcore

10-09-2012

I've been banned twice for verbal abuse. Getting trolled and not sticking up for yourself is hard. But this certainly makes it 100% easier to ignore insults from other players. It also makes the community more calm as a whole so you dont come in contact with rude people you feel the need to talk back to as often. Great decision. Even makes your so called "toxic" players a lot nicer =3 not sure why, psychology OP.