Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrimsonWolfx

10-09-2012

maybe be able to after a certain amount of honors give an ip award?

Metalcoat1234

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyrianlegend View Post
i have a question... so my friends keep honoring me after each game, i have told them that i dont want to be honored by team ( so i dont get banned / get a lot of "Fake" honor) they think its funny and continue to honor me.

Will i get banned for this?
I think it counts for less honor reading it if you get honored multiple times by the same person

steigg

10-09-2012

It is really nice to see the system is working. I've encountered far too many jerks from just starting out in the League of Legends community to being a more seasoned player. Every time it happens, whether it be to me or another player, it can be very disheartening. Online gamers can be the worst and most annoying people sometimes, but they can also be some of the greatest people you would ever meet. Hopefully this system will work and continue to reinforce positivity in league and hopefully with time other platforms will adopt a similar system.

Mantheon Mandrop

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnkillableGG View Post
Because sometimes you randomly group up with the same people multipletimes a day. I played against the same guy 5 times once.
Than again I have no life. I eat, go to college, i come hope and play league of legends, and sleep. Rinse and repeat 7 days a week, and on my days off i play league of legends.

The Sexual Moose

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is true, if a player got 95% of his Honor from premades and only 5% of his Honor from strangers, it would seem suspicious by the system.
I find it kinda funny the premades I do with my friends none of them never leave me honor >.<
So lazy = no abuse in the honor system,Though I do get plenty of honorable opponent ^.^

Zat

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseProofBacon View Post
Honor seems great for normals, but as per your own numbers it seems to have a negligible effect on ranked, and ranked is where the biggest problems are. :/
Well, if you think millions of less toxic games a week is negligible... 17% may seem small, but keep in mind how many games of LoL get played a day. a TON of these games are less toxic, even if it's a smaller % on the whole. Obviously there is more to do (and they are planning to do more) but I would hardly call these results negligible.

Romanticide

10-09-2012

Quote:
Allowing players to provide comments in their Honor gives is something we considered early in development; however, the chance that troll players would use this as a new tool to send verbal abuse or harassment to others was too high so we opted out of this feature for now.

We may re-visit it in the future, but we'd have to first solve the abuse cases.
Have you considered making this one of the “Rewards” for players with very high Honor? This would serve as a tangible benefit for accumulating Honor, and if the system is working right people with high Honor won’t be using this to harass others anyways. You know, because they're honorable and stuff. Let people report verbal abuse for Honor comments as a reportable offense and I can guarantee people won’t be using it to abuse other players since people with high Honor won’t want to lose their hard earned Honor too.

Also, it's very much appreciated that you're taking the time to answer many of our burning questions on this thread. I would totally Honor you with "Helpful" if I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levgre View Post
In like 15 games since the honor system came out I've seen about 10 people ASKING to trade honor.
10/150 = 6.67%.
And that's just in all chat.
I'm skeptical of that ".63%".
In the 20 or so normal games I’ve played since Honor went live, I’ve never had anyone attempt to trade Honor. If you’re finding 6.67% of the people you are playing with are trying to trade Honor though, and you reported them for spamming which I think is what a red posted we’re supposed to do in a prior thread, then a full 6.67% of the people you played with got reported for Honor abuse. So with a little more time, I would think this type of behavior will catch up to them eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Khann x View Post
I only hope people won't use this as a reverse punishment. For example a player with a great attitude but probably did real poor but with no intention on doing bad (maybe it was a bad day). But still the team won and you did your part, yet you get no honor because you did'nt hvae 10/2 or something. This is especially for Tanks and support who may not get as many kills as lets say an ADC or whatever.
That would really suck, but I actually think people playing Tanks or support are more likely to get Honor points, especially for Teamwork. I can’t speak for others, but I usually play ADC so I definitely appreciate how much easier my life is with a support lanemate helping me out with kills and defending my squishy self, and I think other ADC know how invaluable tanks and supports are too. I almost always Honor my lanemate if he’s playing support for Teamwork and espcially if they picked a support in team select to fill a missing gap regardless of whether we win or lose. ADC’s would be tiny stains on Summoner ‘s Rift without our support friends.

Quote:
The hardest Honor to get right now is Helpful.
Hee hee, no one likes being told what to do I guess.

Kadin7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnkillableGG View Post
Because sometimes you randomly group up with the same people multipletimes a day. I played against the same guy 5 times once.
But that's pretty rare, from my experience. And even if you did meet the same person five times, would you really need to honor them five times?

Nezuki

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Khann x View Post
I only hope people won't use this as a reverse punishment. For example a player with a great attitude but probably did real poor but with no intention on doing bad (maybe it was a bad day). But still the team won and you did your part, yet you get no honor because you did'nt hvae 10/2 or something. This is especially for Tanks and support who may not get as many kills as lets say an ADC or whatever.
one thing about this though: it is really hard to ignore the tank or support if they do a good job. usually people can tell if your friendly. getting less kills has seemed to have a possitive effect on my honor it seems, i mostly play tanks and support, and i got over 50+ combined honor in a week. my friend who plays adc and apc, has less than 12.

Pancakes726

10-09-2012

My League of Legends keeps crashing after the Honor update. Why is it doing this? After I finish a game it crashes. Please fix the problem. I would like to be honored and honor friends and foes.