Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeke View Post
HONOR REWARDS WHERe?
Please don't tell me you seriously need rewards to act like a productive member of a crumbling society.

I speak from experience when I say that tangible rewards for normal behavior is something you would give to a person labeled as "Special Needs." Here, if you say "thank you" when someone compliments your play I'll give you a star point. Get enough of them and you can trade them back to me for a cookie.

Skyhawke

10-09-2012

Hey Dr. Lyte,

What is the percentage of players who currently own crests in NA?

NoneLikeRob

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hellsage View Post
Is it possible that players can get reported for possible honor trading/spamming when they're not actually doing so?

I only ask because I've pretty much spent all my Honor already... but that's mainly because all I've really rolled in queue since the launch of the Initiative are players that deserve it. What do?
I'm sure you will be fine, the guys behind the scenes aren't stupid. As for the honour system, I reserve all of my votes for people that truly excelled in my eyes. For example, my worst position is playing ADC, recently I have begun to focus a lot more of my time into it so I can balance out the roles I can play in solo queue. I was Caitlyn who I have been practicing a lot with, and my opposition was an Ezreal. I let the lane down myself, my support did alright, I just couldn't seem to find my mojo against this Ezreal. Instead of being a complete dick and running his mouth about how cool he is, this guy actually helped me along and gave me a few pointers to help my game. This was a stand out reason to honour him, so I did. The honour system is great, but to just give it out to any person who wasn't a complete ****** (which should be common action) is a bit silly, save them for people who really deserve it.

TempuraPhucYou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I just wish you guys would stop using the word toxic. It gets annoying after you repeat the word a gazillion times, could you maybe use a thesaurus and find a synonym for toxic? Toxic seems like what you would refer a poison to be...

magnm90

10-09-2012

Love this system. Glad to finally see that someone wanted to add some positive reinforcement for desirable behavior in addition to their negative reinforcement for undesirable behavior.

Much appreciated addition

I'll be playing much harder and trying to help teammates even more now that I know there is the possibility of honor being awarded.

Hairy Blewbs

10-09-2012

Honor seems great for normals, but as per your own numbers it seems to have a negligible effect on ranked, and ranked is where the biggest problems are. :/

Mantheon Mandrop

10-09-2012

Anychance part of the system could include, after a realy good report by honoring, any ban marks against your account could be droped? Such as after every 500 or 1,000 honor one banned marked against your account gets droped so that when riot provides rewards for good behavior for noone being banned those people can get the reward ?

Phourc

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Currently, players Honor for Teamwork the most.
I'm surprised it's not honorable opponent, as there's only kind of honor you can give the enemy team, whereas allies can get three different types (admittedly, I've yet see anyone deserving of helpful honor).

StrengthAndHonor

10-09-2012

It is possible to get reported for calling your teammate a noob and telling him he sucks because the both of you got into an argument....

and then that same player get honor the next game for being good at teamwork and an honorable opponent.

I laugh at Riot's view of the world. "Toxic players are getting honor now!"

No, they would always have gotten honor if the system was old enough. You are just now realizing that players who get reported for having heated arguments while trying to WIN are not bad people.

Method512

10-09-2012

I'm pretty sure Lyte didn't do this all by himself, so, to Lyte and everyone who worked on this, a huge, but really huge kudos to you guys!

You have no idea how much you improved this community. Don't know if it's temporary or not, but I'm having great teammates.

I can also add that this improved my attitude towards my team. I usually say for them to play safe after dying once..and if they die more I just say "ffs just play safe and don't feed" or something along those lines. Now I just generously ask the jungler to see if he can gank that lane cause I'm doing fine in mine so far.

Again, huge kudos to the whole team that developed this!