Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrushTheBlack

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is something we specifically took into account when designing the Honor Initiative. We never want Crests of Honor to be so common that if you don't have one, you will be shunned as a negative player. We always want Crests to be rare enough that when you do see one, they are very awesome player to play with; however, if you don't have one, it isn't impossible for you to earn one if you make a serious effort.

Also, Crests can be lost if you are not continuously positive in your matches, or start being toxic and get banned by the Tribunal.

Hello Dr Lyte,
Not sure If you will see this but i would like to add the suggestion of there being a kind of chat filter that will alert the system of people trying to trade honor.

Ex: "Hey I'll give you honor if you give me honor" "Hey put an honor point in me for helpful" etc etc, certain key words/sentences would help locate and judge toxic players.

Arkofcovenant

10-09-2012

I have a friend who mains adc. He says he gives (teamwork) honor to every support he gets who does a decent job of it. If I often play with him as his support (my main) and he honors me every game, are we going to be punished? What if I honor him back (for legitimate reasons, as he is a pretty positive member of the community and in most games). To the system it looks like we are "trading" honor if we play together at much at all. Should we avoid doing this? Are we going to be punished? It makes me nervous to honor anyone I know who I play with, in case they honor me back and we get "caught" by the system for it.

TVPMike

10-09-2012

Honor is a great system. I feel more players are trying to be helpful (even if its only for the rewards, they are still playing more positive) and I also feel that when I am trying to help people out and be nice, I have much more fun even if I end up losing the game. In total honestly, within the first few days of the honor system, I found myself having just as much fun losing a I did winning by helping fellow players and making plenty of friends.

Goddess Din

10-09-2012

"Currently, players Honor for Teamwork the most." (the quote option from quite a few pages isn't available, but Lyte said that).

What I actually really enjoy is that I'm finding Honorable Opponent is hands down THE easiest for me to obtain. I've always chatted with the opposing team in all chat after good plays and team fights (ie, "blitz, your hooks hurt me D:") and I seem to get an average of 1 Honorable Opponent per game or so.

Since seeing someone with an honorable badge I have been working towards getting a badge/seal/whatever-they're-called on my name because it would just feel awesome to know that the community likes me enough to deserve that .

At this time I'm up to 12/1/19/24 honor and I'm excited to get more! Helpful is crazy hard to get though, the one time I got one I feel as though I didn't deserve it to be "helpful" and it should have been "teamwork" instead.

Thanks so much for the system Riot! I personally have always been a positive player, but I find this system makes it even easier to push through dealing with crazy-negative players while keeping a positive attitude. Something I will say in my own experience, I have noticed a lot less blatant rage (Ie, reportable behaviour) in my games since the system was released, but I have found I haven't seen any extra "good players". It seems to me as though the system is making really toxic players less toxic, and it's making good players feel better about being good - I've yet to be in a game though where there are "more good players" than previously.

Again, thank you for trying your best to help the community develop into a more hospitable environment! I'm excited to see what these "next phases" are that Lyte keeps referring to. :P

Cookies and hugs to the team that is working on this. (the rest of Riot too for noticing this as an issue worth handling)

Caryatid

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeke View Post
HONOR REWARDS WHERe?
The reward is a better game experience for everyone.

Embegie

10-09-2012

after the abuse is solved the que should match the honorable players with the hoonorable players also the same thing for kda ratio good kda with good kda and so on let the low's play with themselves

Madagny

10-09-2012

Why are you guys so lienent on people who continually play bad "but isn't considered feeding unless dying literally on purpose" If you want to take away a lot of negative attitudes. Instead of wasting all this time and money on professional statitions. Spend a bit of money on a half decent matchmaking system with levels that mean something. Maybe people are so toxic in ranked because u force someone with 300 games of ranked played stuck in elo hell to play with people in thier first ranked game or seeding and have no clue what they are doing. How about you stop putting new people with people who arent casual? Why not have a casual area and a hardcore area that has a warning that people may be trolling and ******bags and have a uncencored no holds barred place where u wont get introuble for being who you are. Then have a nice area that has no tolerance for negative attitudes and trolling and treat it with a heavy ban hammer. But by all means u guys keep wasting your money, and force us into situations where people are going to be nasty with eachother. And on a side note, why are u taking all honor away from people who get banned for having a power shortage, and leaving a game for a few minutes only to be auto banned?

Mayobe

10-09-2012

I've only been playing for a day and a half since honor was implemented, but I've actually seen a reasonable improvement in behavior in the games I've played. People seem to be having more fun.

I'd like to suggest that this is more of a psychological phenomenon than a reward-based phenomenon. When people are aware of your behavior as an individual it 'turns on' a certain area of the subconscious that's not normally active in the general internet fray. People are recognizing that they're interacting with peers rather than a computer, and I think that's causing more humanity to come through. People can be funny that way.

Anyway, I think it's a neat system and I hope you keep it up. I'd like if there were one or two more categories, or at least an 'I like playing with this person' category. I think rather than a 'point-per-report' system a system of 'inter-player esteem' may be more effective. I don't think a person should be discouraged from honoring their friends or people they like even if it's every match they play.

Good job, Lyte and co. Thanks for being creative with this instead of trying to be dictatorial. That displays a rare maturity and wisdom that's rare in today's society.

You've got my vote.

SPartone

10-09-2012

I've always strived to be nice and positive in my games (Although I am by no means a saint) but the honor system is very uplifting, playing well and being friendly and all that and having that behavior be noted enough by another player to tell me it was a pleasure to play with me is just a very nice feeling.

Esaul

10-09-2012

Yeah. Call me lazy, but I don't want to read through all thirty pages for a question. Not sure if Lyte answered or another community member. So here we go.

I play with my girlfriend a lot. There are times where she has decent games where she may have a bit of tunnel vision or doesn't really work too well with the team, communication wise, etc. Now I know honor isn't to be used constantly among friends and premades, is it acceptable to give her honor if she has games where she excels with the team? I mean naturally it's not supposed to be an every match type thing, but would I be flagged if it's once in a while sorta thing where her gameplay stands out? There have been one or two games in the past dozen or so I've played with her where I felt she deserved honor but I held back 'cause I'm hesitant on this a bit. :\