Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Albireo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Negative Attitude reports: -29% in normals and -11% in ranked
Offensive Language reports: -35% in normals and -20% in ranked
Verbal Abuse reports: -41% in normals -17% in ranked

We have numbers now, people in normals is nicer and better people than in ranked.

Varionaze

10-09-2012

I like Riot's approach to the system and it actually is working out pretty decently so far. Good job!

LadyAzalea

10-09-2012

Okay-- another question.
(and the only answer to the other rhetorical question posed back at me is ... "Uhh...so you follow your gut???")

Have you considering making an option to have your name shown or remain anonymous?
I always wonder who it was from a previous game who decided to honor me. I imagine everyone kind of feels that way at some point. While I understand the fun of anonymity, sometimes I think it'd be nice to attach my name, too. Maybe I want my support to know it was me, their AD carry and not someone else, who gave them that "friendly" recognition. Sure, one can assume who honors you in a game, but when you get more than 2 it gets a little hard to guess! I think you get my point... :P

Options are lovely things! <3

Zeninth

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Djiin Artie View Post
I wonder what the honor awards will be used for later on? Really, I've only mostly got my honor in Teamwork and Friendliness, and that's about it. Maybe if you earn enough of certain kinds of honor, you receive special awards?
Congratulations summoner you have unlocked the following:

+ Friendly Tibbers Annie Skin!
+ Honorable Alistar Skin!
+ Helpful Nunu Skin!
+ Teampower Sivir Skin!

Apoc da Beast

10-09-2012

i didnt think it would be working that well at first, but with people trying to achieve honor they actually behave better and act nicely to their teammates and do more teamwork to honestly achieve the honor points, yes there are some that keep spamming and asking for elo but most others i have seen an improved behaviour overall... good job there riot

Baneson

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeninth View Post
Congratulations summoner you have unlocked the following:

+ Friendly Tibbers Annie Skin!
+ Honorable Alistar Skin!
+ Helpful Nunu Skin!
+ Teampower Sivir Skin!

But what happens if you're no longer Honorable or less Honorable than before?

Skins go away?

/sadface

SeriouS AnteateR

10-09-2012

I actually really like this little program, especially all the ways there are to prevent people form abusing it. I've run into a lot more people who will be talkative or helpful and it makes me feel good to give them honor for it, and even better when I receive honor from others.

Elsaliss

10-09-2012

@Lyte:

Is it possible to have an 'upgraded' crest if you constantly gain Honor every game, such that you have 100 or more Honor in a specific catagory?

Ajido

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albireo View Post
Negative Attitude reports: -29% in normals and -11% in ranked
Offensive Language reports: -35% in normals and -20% in ranked
Verbal Abuse reports: -41% in normals -17% in ranked

We have numbers now, people in normals is nicer and better people than in ranked.
I interpret this the other way. More people were getting reported in normal than ranked. I play most ranked and always thought it was less toxic than normal, because in ranked people will conform to the meta and just want to win. In normal, people want to play whatever they want and a lot of arguments break out.

SneakyEmrakul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

itīs a great mechanic after all.
sure there are some minor troubles but detectable.
This as many other things Riot is doing is one step closer to a better playing enviroment.