Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Djiin Artie

10-09-2012

I wonder what the honor awards will be used for later on? Really, I've only mostly got my honor in Teamwork and Friendliness, and that's about it. Maybe if you earn enough of certain kinds of honor, you receive special awards?

Saint Archangel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

One of the best things that happened to League of Legends. I keep getting my hopes restored for a better community.

xMoPoLx

10-09-2012

You know what you guys should do with the Honor system? Make a new game type or map that requires a certain amount of honor to even participate. This would encourage people to get honor and promote high-level play in the honor map/game type. All around im sure you'd see a significant decrease in "toxic" play and great competitve playing.

Keitterman

10-09-2012

Question: Why let ppl honor their team members in a ranked team game? Isn't that just asking people to trade honor?

For example, i play with two co-workers on a threes team. Of course i think they deserve teamwork because a) i like them, and b) we communicated a lot and did our best, win or lose. But is the honor system really meant for that?

Furthering that thought, why let people honor anyone
a) on their same team
b) on their friends list

??

Cirrusstrafe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzodamus View Post
Isn't that the point of the system though? If people who normally rage in game stop raging, I feel like that's a win. It doesn't matter to me if they're behaving because they're good people or behaving because of the system - the important thing is that they're behaving.
Treat the cause, not the symptom.

Slippery Fat Man

10-09-2012

Even I noticed it when it happened. People became less toxic.

Exploding Barrel

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrusstrafe View Post
Treat the cause, not the symptom.
I'd say the cause is that they are anonymous on the internet and there is no reason for them not to misbehave. Doesn't honor address that?

What do you think is the cause?

NO MERCY2244

10-09-2012

I love the new honor system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drejer

10-09-2012

How hard is it to keep a crest after earning it? As in, you aren't necessarily negative or toxic, but you go through a honor "dry spell" and don't get any for a while. Can you lose a crest fairly quickly?

Ajido

10-09-2012

Lyte, I have two questions if you could indulge me.

1. Might you ever consider changing it so it tells us who Honored us after a game? I don't see any harm in this, because you don't see you've gotten honored until after you leave the post game lobby. So it's not like I'll see "Oh, Player X honored me, let me return the favor". By telling us who honored us, it lets us know this player had fun playing with us and maybe it might spur me to send a friend request and form a gaming friendship with this person.

2. I know that flat out asking for honor is a reportable offense that will get your honor reset to 0. But I see a lot of players in post game stating that they're going to honor people in a very obvious attempt to get others to return the favor and honor them back. They never come right out and ask for anyone to honor them, but I see this as abuse of the system. Do you see this as abuse, should it be reported and punished?