Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DptBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Weekly fluctuations are actually very minimal because we collect data from every territory across the world that has League of Legends. Although preliminary, the data is very promising.
Awesome!

Based on your response, the results from the first week of honor are from all of the territories as well, correct?

I was also wondering what kinds of distributions you use for the analysis of the data. I am studying physics and am growing increasingly interested in the study and analysis of large sets of data, especially when most of the puzzle is finding the correlation within the data. The data that you have access to must be a dream to play with.

Xite91

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
Friendly should be pretty obvious
Yeah but what i don't get is you can only give friendly to your teammates, it should be one you can give on either side, same with helpful, sometimes the enemy team can be friendly or helpful (without cheating) like if no one on your team knows where to find zekes or what it builds from, you may ask the other team, now their support is like, oh i build that all the time, it's built from this, or it's found here. That's not cheating, just being friendly and helpful

XombieDremora

10-09-2012

Maybe honor can have an effect on the amount of refunds you have for the next season?

Cirrusstrafe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The hardest Honor to get right now is Helpful.
Makes sense. Most people are pretty bristly about anyone trying to help them.

'Helping' is often thought of as 'saying I am wrong, I am playing wrong, I am bad, and telling me what to do.'

Xite91

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XombieDremora View Post
Maybe honor can have an effect on the amount of refunds you have for the next season?
i figured they'd give a skin for having so many of each one or a separate skin for having so many in one of them (like 100 in friendly gets you this skin, but 100 in opponent gets you this skin)

Gonzodamus

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrusstrafe View Post
Oh yes, just downvote this into oblivion because I'm not an instantly agreeable sheeple.

While the idea behind this system is good, and I hope it works to some degree, I can't believe anyone thinks that truly bad Tribunal'd players are doing a sudden 180 to be kind because they actually are kind now. No, they're doing it because it's a new system to beat, to exploit. They're faking it so they can get free honor, free ****.

Sure this makes the game more enjoyable to the average person because they're playing nice, but they're not doing it because they suddenly decided that being mean was wrong.

I guess that's all that matters. If it's the thought that counts then this is probably failing pretty hardcore at making people turn over a new leaf. If it's the ends that justify the means or motives then woo! At least games will be generally nicer.
Isn't that the point of the system though? If people who normally rage in game stop raging, I feel like that's a win. It doesn't matter to me if they're behaving because they're good people or behaving because of the system - the important thing is that they're behaving.

JenovaShadow

10-09-2012

I LOVE the new honer system. It is changing the community and it is filtering out the toxic players. It always bugged me seeing players rage for no reason or seeing people curse and talk down to players for a couple of mistakes, instead of helping them. Ive always kept to the summoners code and before the honor system you didn't see the difference you made by being Honorable. Now at least you get a reward for keep the code and staying true to what Online Gaming should really be. Thanks again for this system and keep up the good work! Cant wait to see what else you guys bring.

LgndaryWarrior

10-09-2012

I love the Honor system so far and have found that people are actually less of dicks now that honor is out. Some possible suggestion for rewards would be some Honorable Skins maybe...(Just dont be Kayle...Really dont want another skin for her) Summoner Icon(s), or some free RP considering that if we are keeping the community clean and fun people will continue to buy RP anyways You can hire me if youd like.. i wouldnt mind lol

Bliance

10-09-2012

How about for every honor you get you are awarded +5 elo. Im trying to dig myself out of elo hell and it just keeps getting worst. Please Riot.

Darth Lazuras

10-09-2012

I have to say, good job! you have done it! i noticed the community get ALOT nicer when it went live.