Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainFaiIboat

10-09-2012

I love the honor system, its improved my play style. Its just not fair if I get a bad team and the enemy gives me honor and my team is so bad they all report me cause they can't work together.

Or if I get reported and honored in the same game. Not all 10 players are going to like you.... its a difficult concept. And sometimes we say things in chat to provoke the team or enemy to try harder for the fun of the game, not to be abusive, but it gets seen as abuse.

Vargrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Will Riot ever be using the "Achievements" Section in our Summoner's Profile?
I would think that the Honor Initiative Crests would be nice to have in there.

I haven't received any Crests/ Ribbons myself so I don't know if the animation that plays after receiving enough honor for a certain category will only ever be displayed that one time. If so, it might be nice to be able to play the Crest animations again under "Achievements."

Overall, I have had a better gaming experience after the system was implemented. Job well done by Riot!
Just my thoughts~~

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

10-09-2012

Is honor from people who rarely honor anyone more valuable?

Are you planning to publish the results?

Xite91

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The hardest Honor to get right now is Helpful.
I feel like helpful is something you'd be more likely to get on the forums, which yeah, is a lot easier to abuse, but it would make more sense

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarrastro View Post
That is because "helpful" and "friendly" are rather odd categories. If someone is generally nice and fun to play with, I will award "teamwork" because that is the closest thing to saying "I enjoyed playing with this person." But I really don't understand when to award "helpful" or "friendly."
Friendly should be pretty obvious (and I'm an anti-social introverted recluse). If someone is talking positively, possibly making non-offensive jokes and generally being positively sociable, they are being friendly. Like, if the only thing said all game was one person saying "good luck, have fun," if you chose to honor them, friendly would be the appropriate choice assuming no other factors.

Helpful, though, I agree. It is a bit vague. The way I see it, the helpful tag could use a little elaboration, or perhaps a little nudging. If refusing to communicate is a reportable offense, then effective communication, I think, could fall under the helpful tag.

Kamu

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You won't be banned if friends keep Honoring you; however, you won't get full value out of your those Honors.
What do you mean by 'full value' of the honor? What value does it have exactly? Isn't 1 honor from those friends of him the same as an honor from a random? Even if it's every match? [Confused]

hartar

10-09-2012

Dr Lyte what is your plan to make honor system better?

VaiSeig

10-09-2012

Not sure if this was implemented already on purpose, but in one particular match i was able to see a player i honored on the opposite team for being an Honorable Opponent. They had a red insignia on their Summoner window even though i could not see their player name.
Any particular purpose to this?

Arctic Bro

10-09-2012

Will there be special queue up for holders of honor crest, badge etc..

H0RR1FY1N9

10-09-2012

Could Riot take the Honor Initiative to the next step by perhaps doing things like: 1.) Introducing weekly rewards for good honor, or 2.) A challenge based system that gives players IP for gaining honor, legitimately, from players they have never played with before?