Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xite91

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger7777 View Post
when you said trader did you mean traitor?
i took it as both, it was a play on words bro

RetroNitro

10-09-2012

love love love the honor systems shows that my more positive attitude of late makes a difference to players.

enrico swagolo

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Currently, players Honor for Teamwork the most.
That is because "helpful" and "friendly" are rather odd categories. If someone is generally nice and fun to play with, I will award "teamwork" because that is the closest thing to saying "I enjoyed playing with this person." But I really don't understand when to award "helpful" or "friendly."

Cirrusstrafe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrusstrafe View Post
Alternatively, the Tribunal was open to massive abuse and most people reported for bloody everything, or randomly, or whenever, or always, so a lot of decent people got hammered--especially if they are good at the game--.

Call me a pessimist (I prefer realist) but this seems more to me like it is highlighting those that were unfairly smashed in the Tribunal system.

That, or you guys finally scared the jerks into behaving, which I doubt.
Oh yes, just downvote this into oblivion because I'm not an instantly agreeable sheeple.

While the idea behind this system is good, and I hope it works to some degree, I can't believe anyone thinks that truly bad Tribunal'd players are doing a sudden 180 to be kind because they actually are kind now. No, they're doing it because it's a new system to beat, to exploit. They're faking it so they can get free honor, free ****.

Sure this makes the game more enjoyable to the average person because they're playing nice, but they're not doing it because they suddenly decided that being mean was wrong.

I guess that's all that matters. If it's the thought that counts then this is probably failing pretty hardcore at making people turn over a new leaf. If it's the ends that justify the means or motives then woo! At least games will be generally nicer.

I mean, I don't know, maybe I'm just bitter. Bitter that this system is basically handfeeding jerks for pretending to not be terrible people--they don't deserve anything--. It's like rewarding employees simply for not being terrible at their job and doing what they are supposed to do. If I'm genuinely a nice and helpful guy in game then I guarantee I'm going to get less honor overall than jerkwads that spent a few days figuring out how to best exploit and abuse this system without getting caught (speaking of which, way to tell them all exactly what metrics and heuristics are being used so they can move around them. I pray you have hidden ones you didn't display there).

I'd like to see what happens in half a year if the system gets removed for another half a year. I'd like to see how those players act then.

Pourvoir

10-09-2012

Lol yet you wouldn't have these problems if you didn't have dumbass things like tribunal that ENCOURAGE bad behavior. LoL has the worst community of ANY pc game.

Fire Swamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I have a simple question, if a player with a crest was to not play League of Legends for a couple days, would they lose their crest for not actively playing? If they do/did, what is the minumum number of games you have to play to be actively playing the game along with earning honor to keep the crest?

Graphika

10-09-2012

Lyte, are we ever going to be able to see our honor ribbons while we load in? I have been informed I have one for Honorable Opponent but I can't see it, and this is really disappointing to me. I thought it'd be nice if you could see your teammates ribbons, why can't you?

JugoDeBanana

10-09-2012

Well i already have my honor red ribbon, and people ask how i got it, i just tell them to enjoy the game, because that's what it is, A GAME !

God Enel

Recruiter

10-09-2012

Hi Lyte !
Tank you for sharing all those results, it is very promising indeed !
I have a question, I might just missed in your big poste, but how can you run out of honor ?
Or in fact, were can we see our honor "pool" ?

hartar

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The hardest Honor to get right now is Helpful.
It does make sense for 2 reassons: the Helpful honor is more realated to helping new players learn about the game
Nad people prefer to give Teamwork, since that what most the game people do great work has a team.