Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orisai

10-09-2012

Hey Lyte, I think a big part of the toxic players turning into nice players is that honor is now displayed. Don't you think a big incentive of toxic players to change their ways would be to put up their harassment numbers just as their honor is shown?

Such as "this player has been reported in 100% of his games" wouldn't such info if shown to the public also make the toxic player want to change his ways?

StrengthAndHonor

10-09-2012

LYTE -

PERTAINING TO "PREVIOUSLY TOXIC PLAYERS DOING A 180"

You do realize that players you call "Toxic" are mostly good people who just are emotional and passionate? So they get upset easily, but it doesn't mean they aren't good, nice people in other games. There is such a thing as being reported in 1 game for telling your teammate he sucks and he's a noob, and then earning honor in your next game for being cooperative and showing great teamwork and friendliness.

Bunny Killer

10-09-2012

any data or anything to share to calm my nerves down?

im a believer that the people who get the most honor are specifically trying to get their honor by being forcibly polite. there's nothing wrong with that in itself, but if you are determining rewards for the most honorable, it would seem like normally nice players who don't get honored just for spewing out false praises to their team will get ignored because they dont get as much honor.

i love rewards
im afraid that just being normally nice could make me lose out on things here

Covaxe

10-09-2012

I see streaming players get around +3 honor every game. One streamer said all the top players give honor to each other because they're all friends because they play with each other all the time. I thought honor was meant for exceptional behavior, not playing with your friends.

Also you say honor given to you by a premade person isn't valued as highly as honor from a stranger but on your profile it'll count as 1 honor per report regardless...so there are invisible numbers? What is the point in displaying the numbers at all if they don't actually mean what you think they do.

Kabuu

10-09-2012

The honor system was a great, unexpected change to the game. Most of the games I've played in ranked since it went live have been a lot more positive in general. It's most noticeable when someone is having a bad game and they don't get chewed out like they used to. Kudos!

Cryswar

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Khann x View Post
I only hope people won't use this as a reverse punishment. For example a player with a great attitude but probably did real poor but with no intention on doing bad (maybe it was a bad day). But still the team won and you did your part, yet you get no honor because you did'nt hvae 10/2 or something. This is especially for Tanks and support who may not get as many kills as lets say an ADC or whatever.
I farm Teamwork/Friendly/Honorable Opponent honor like a BAWSS as support.

Basically as long as you set people up for kills they will be all over you like flies on shAVING CREAM.

Dodger7777

10-09-2012

when you said trader did you mean traitor?

Movia Leroy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-09-2012

I love this concept. I'll be able to tell who will be enjoyable to play w/ and will be more inclined to befriend more players at least based on their recognition, and their play effort. thank you riot!

SirTrolingsworth

10-09-2012

Hey Lyte I like the system. I was just wondering about Crests and whether it was percentage based or was a flat number? I know Honor is weighed differently, but is it like 15% of people honored you you get ribbon or is it 30 points you get a ribbon? Also I got 7 honorable opponents once. I know some were from he game before. I got a penta and lost, guess people felt bad

PDiddy

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Forcing players to choose only 1 Honor category was an intentional choice we made to analyze some of the behavioral responses to Honor. In the sciences, this is known as an "Alternative Forced Choice" paradigm [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-alt..._forced_choice]

Although the Honor 'design' isn't exactly the same as a traditional 2AFC experiment, there are some similarities. Feel free to take a guess about why we chose this method

So we can be conditioned to be honorable.

To allow riot (data analyzers, whatever you call them over there) to get a more accurate idea of "what" players believe is honorable. is typically assumed that the difference in evidence favoring each alternative is the quantity tracked over time and that which ultimately informs the decision - however, evidence for different alternatives could be tracked separately

To make "honor spamming" easier to identify.

To help riot (programmer guys) define an algorithm that will be able to predict when or if a player will receive honor (kinda like MM)<--complete guess