Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plutoburns

10-09-2012

im stingy with my honors. I refuse to give out good opponent just because they didn't rage at me in chat. Teamwork is the most common one I give out since I can get a feel for that without the player saying anything.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
13 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfhi View Post
Hey Dr. Lyte,

You might have already answered this in the honor mega-thread, but if someone gets tribunal banned, what happens to their honor? Do they lose all of it? Some of it, depending on the severity of the offense/frequency of reports? I assume it doesn't all stick around.
If someone is banned by the Tribunal, their Honor is reset and any Crests they might have are removed.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-09-2012
14 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderParadox View Post
Would you agree with my assessment that "Honorable Opponent" is pretty much the hardest honor to get?

If not, which one does seem to be most difficult?
The hardest Honor to get right now is Helpful.

Kruce

10-09-2012

My buddies and I normally honored each other when we played because, well, we had good teamwork. We would also honor opponents and other random team mates if they indeed deserved it too. Would that be considered spam if I gave my friends honor?

costas84

10-09-2012

How honorable i am based on your data?

I am wondering how i should improve myself.

Cashughes

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Forcing players to choose only 1 Honor category was an intentional choice we made to analyze some of the behavioral responses to Honor. In the sciences, this is known as an "Alternative Forced Choice" paradigm [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-alt...forced_choice]

Feel free to take a guess about why we chose this method
Your link got a little bit tweaked up there, you had an extra ] inside the url tags.

Erwindeae

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If your friends are genuinely positive and a reason the game was enjoyable for others in the game, just Honor them. We'll be able to detect whether he was true positive or if you guys are just trading Honor every game.
No you cant i go positive and carry top every game but just cause my friend helps me out with good ganks we cant honor each other and my honor was taken for it.

Gunxlinger

10-09-2012

Some Champions like *cough*Jayce*cough* get guaranteed honor points even if you dont do anything special. Kinda strange.

Baneson

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ Crazed View Post
RIOT YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB AT STEALING AND TAKING AWAY MY OWN FREEDOMS...
Oh. This argument again. Was just going to downvote and move on, but I will say this.

-People can and have been banned from SC2 and WoW for harassment.

-Nobody has a right to make anyone feel like less of a player. Period.

-Freedom of Speech gives you the right to make your post, but does not give you the right to inflict any sort of distress against anyone else. That's why countries have harassment laws, which if you break them you can face serious jail time. Not just a permaban.

-If you don't want to lose out on the cash you spent on an account it seems it would be in your own best interests to not have a negative impact on those around you.

There. I saved everyone else the time it takes to respond to this inane banter.

Song Of Swords

10-09-2012

For the honor of us all!