Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorybound1

10-27-2012

I have over 75 honor points, most as honorable opponent and in teamwork. The few who answer me when I ask about how many points they have and how they got their band, have the same or fewer. I am a new player I know, and I surely don't know everything about LoL, but I am very supportive of your honor initiative. I really despise dishonorable play and relish a chance to reward those who play with honor and integrity.

Also, yesterday a player was being rather abusive and I told him he wasn't being honorable. He said he already got his band and he didn't care. Will Riot add a report option for players who have bands but exhibit anti-honorable behavior in game just the same? they deserve a special category, don't you think?

A player from the Over-50 set (who hopes there are others of us out there)

RunReilly

10-28-2012

This system was a really good idea. I've definitely noticed a positive change in people's attitudes.

WATCHMAKERZILEAN

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Ideally, we only want to use reports for abuse or trading. For example, "I'll feed if you Honor me after the game," is reportable. "Give me Honor and I'll give you Honor" is reportable.
If you still monitor this thread Lyte, how many people have gotten the Helpful badge?
I just want to know if i'm part of the 0.01% or if it's more.

JannyBear

10-28-2012

I'd love to give out more "helpful" honor points but people are so wrapped up in their own game play they so rarely answer questions or give tips on playing better. They always have time to criticize teammates they feel let them down though. I feel the age level of the people who play has a lot to do with the self-centered-ness, which is why I would love opportunities to play with people over 25 or more, no matter what their level. Connecting different levels of players might lend itself to more empathetic play. Just a thought.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-28-2012
65 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCHMAKERZILEAN View Post
If you still monitor this thread Lyte, how many people have gotten the Helpful badge?
I just want to know if i'm part of the 0.01% or if it's more.
I can check at the office tomorrow but the last time I checked it was 0.1% and the Crest is actually called Crest of Honor - Great Mentor. So you needed to get more than "Helpful" Honors to unlock it

I Am Tolan

10-28-2012

Quote:
I can check at the office tomorrow but the last time I checked it was 0.1% and the Crest is actually called Crest of Honor - Great Mentor. So you needed to get more than "Helpful" Honors to unlock it
i have had a game where the whole ranked enemy team had "honorable Opponent"

Cjhove

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
You make me sick

herpderptastic

10-28-2012

Quote:

Since you're back and answering questions I figured I'd ask you one that was asked before but didn't look like it's been answered. How does one go about getting a teamwork ribbon? I got the honorable opponent one at around 30 but I'm coming up on 60 for teamwork and still nothing. I also know multiple people 100+ that still don't have teamwork ribbons.

Is there an average number before someone gets a crest or is it possible to have 200+?

Gelion

10-28-2012

Hi Lyte, this is a great thing you have done and it has definitely changed alot of people's attitudes within game for the better. I have gotten multiple games in a row without any dicks and I feel this initiative is what has helped this.

Pulsefire EzreaI

10-28-2012

This is a great system, but can we have Honor as a factor in what players we get paired up with?

I'm tired of constantly getting players on my team who use too much offensive language and constantly spam the chatlog. I honestly haven't seen a change since the Honor system was implemented. From my perspective, I'm getting the toxic players on my team rather than people who actually deserve honor.