Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yeeehawww

10-16-2012

Lyte, can we get some more statistics? I'm curious on things like average total honor (preferably only across accounts active since honor was implimented, if possible), total honor the highest person currently has, number of total honors given out, number of people with certain badges, anything along these lines would be interesting to see.

Uiraya

10-16-2012

@ Lyte

Not sure if you saw this or not. Reposting this (again) from the elo boosting thread because it contains an idea for "using" honor. And, well, I'd like to know that somebody has seen it.

This is great, but it's a little late, don't you think? The effects of these boosters has introduced a negative effect on many, many players trying to play fair to increase their rank, and now there is less than two weeks to repair the damage they have done.

While punishing those responsible is great, has there been any consideration given to leniency for those affected? I'm mostly talking about the Janna skin, and how many people might want it are very likely to not earn it due to a number of factors, not the least of which being having to deal with smurfs who just happen to not be on your side. Some possible options to consider:

1) Extend the deadline for season 2 rewards. (Possibly not feasible, just throwing it out there.)

2) Lower the threshold for the skin from gold to silver I or II.

3) If your top elo + your combined honor points is at least 1500, you get the skin.

It would be wonderful if anything along these lines could be considered. Thanks.
~Uiru

seath170

10-16-2012

Will we be able to have 2 badges, or will it only show the one we got first ?

Disgruntler

10-16-2012

I do not know what happened to my league of legends.

It is like an alien wasteland of strangeness I do not understand.

First game today, two people called top. They were about to argue back and forth and then I said 'Well, we're gentlemen, we can sort this out.' Suddenly one said 'Naw, you have it' and then began to adc like a boss.

I had a game where I picked soraka mid--no one trolled or was cruel or mean... they just said 'really?' 'Yeah, it's cool.' 'Alright.' We ended up 4v5 that whole game but won anyways.

It seems every game is filled with polite people who get along and sincerely want to do what is right for the team. No trolls, no ragers, and everyone was eager to be on the gentleman bandwagon. There was harumphing.

Not a single rager all day.

What have you done to my League of Legends!?! I do not understand this new land!

DsK BandiT

10-16-2012

yeahhh all the honors !!!

Exposureee

10-16-2012

I tend to play underplayed champs a lot.That being said I see no difference in people being any easier on me. Although people say fiddlesticks is op when I win if we lose: fiddle is useless,most useless champ in game etc.

-sorry if I'm in your game and play fiddle instead of a real support or if I jungle gangplank

Iliketurtle

10-16-2012

F
I
E
R
C
E
system seperate the spanish and english please though

Kraetos

10-16-2012

how do u get the ribbon???

IBastardI

10-16-2012

now that im a honorable opponent i should say that it means absolutely nothing...still getting a lot of trolls and afkrs i get more insulted and blamed that justin bieber in a metal concert ... i have played like 80 games and still can't get a positive ranked total score. So... this initiatiative didnt save me....Im very dissapointed.

ARabidSquirrel42

10-16-2012

Dr. Lyte,
First off, I would like to thank you for such an excellent system. I feel like this is taking a step in the right direction towards making lol a nicer place. I have a suggestion for how to reward high honor players. Add another normal matchmaking queue that adds honor as a factor. People would be matched with people with similar honor value. This way, the higher your honor, the more enjoyable your games should be. Now, for those who do not have such high honor, the old matchmaking would still be in place so they could be matched with all levels of honor and not be stuck with a team full of possible trolls. I feel like I would appreciate a system similar to this. Thoughts?