Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I am highly disappointed in League of Legends customer service.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chrysania

10-09-2012

As a gamer myself, and the mother of gamers, I was extremely disappointed to find out that my daughter was banned from this game until the 10th simply because she had to take me to the ER, and had to disconnect from a game. After explaining this to customer service, she was told "too bad, we don't care about your excuses."

I've played a LOT of games over the years, and have even been an Admin on a few, and have NEVER come across a company that bans someone for having to disconnect during a game. That is what rating systems are for, put a tick next to her name, whatever... but BANNING? that is just STUPID.

Riot Games, You (as a company) have lost any further potential business from my family, and before you laugh it off and say "boohoo, don't let the door hit you"... consider for a moment the reach of an individual. How word of mouth can make or break a company. If you fail to treat your players with compassion, they will go elsewhere.

TehomCD

10-09-2012

While I'm sincerely sorry to hear that she was banned for leaving due to an emergency, the 'LeaverBuster' system they have only bans people after a long pattern of AFKing or leaving. If she has had internet trouble, or had to AFK a lot while playing, that would have caused her to be flagged, but she'd never be banned for leaving a single game - everyone has emergencies where they need to leave on occasion.

Liawuffeh

10-09-2012

I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure if you get banned for a day(2 days?) it would be because you would have disconnected multiple times.

I've disconnected a few times due to my internet crashing and then LoL not letting me log in, but I havn't been 'banned'(Unable to queue) for more than 5 minutes.

TwistWrist

10-09-2012

MOBA's aren't your typical games.

The lack of drop in/drop out play kind of makes it rather particular when it comes to player behavior.

Besides, I doubt customer server told her that. Mostly because that is something that I would say. Plus, there is no one to get banned just for one disconnect.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-09-2012

I've spoken with several player support members while they weren't 'on the clock' (I've never had the need to contact them in a professional manner), and I can guarantee they didn't say "too bad, don't let the door hit you on the way out" it just isn't in their nature, and that's when they're just talking. Now, they might have said something along the lines of the following:

"Hey [summoner name you used to contact them], we hope you're doing better, but unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about the suspension. The system that doles out suspensions for leaving is intentionally fairly lenient to accommodate for emergencies such as this, however you need to keep several things in mind. First, when a leave puts you over the threshold, you weren't suspended for 'that leave,' you were suspended for it in addition to all of the preceding leaves that got you to that point. Second, you need to take into account the affect leaving games has on other players. Since there is no fair way to allow players to take the spot of someone who had to leave, you're ruining the experience of up to nine other players. Again, we do realize emergencies happen. We wish you and your daughter the best, both in life and gaming, whether or not you choose to leave League of Legends."

In short, it's the X leaves she had before that point that got her suspended, because you aren't suspended for a single leave. I'm rather taken aback by how you reinterpreted the response to your ticket just because it didn't say what you wanted to hear.

Sereg Anfaug

10-09-2012

No one will ever be banned for a single leave. In fact, it's my understanding that you practically need to make a habit of it in order to draw a ban.

So, if your daughter actually was banned, I can assure you with 100% certainty that it was not solely because of that incident. That may have been the final one before the ban, or simply the one you expected to generate the most sympathy, or it may even be entirely fabricated - I don't know. What I do know is that any ban that was given was entirely justified.

Xtrordinari

10-09-2012

Quote:
Panzerfaust:
I'm rather taken aback by how you reinterpreted the response to your ticket just because it didn't say what you wanted to hear.

As someone who worked in customer service over the phone for quite a long time, that's pretty much the rule rather than the exception.

GON the Mage Guy

10-09-2012

I can see you're really not familiar with the MOBA genre, or League of Legends in general, along with having that typical parent knee-jerk reaction to something happening you don't like.

Your daughter must have a history of leaving games in order to get punished. League of Legends is not a leaver-friendly game. It does not matter the reason you leave, if you constantly do it, you'll receive a punishment. Leaving here and there is not punished, only a series of leaves will earn a temporary ban. If your daughter has a volatile schedule, perhaps LoL is not for her.

Parent, consider your misplaced anger. You clearly don't understand what happened, so you may want to do some research or actually play the game yourself before calling the system stupid.

Mega Heracross

10-09-2012

Quote:
Chrysania:
As a gamer myself, and the mother of gamers, I was extremely disappointed to find out that my daughter was banned from this game until the 10th simply because she had to take me to the ER, and had to disconnect from a game. After explaining this to customer service, she was told "too bad, we don't care about your excuses."

I've played a LOT of games over the years, and have even been an Admin on a few, and have NEVER come across a company that bans someone for having to disconnect during a game. That is what rating systems are for, put a tick next to her name, whatever... but BANNING? that is just STUPID.

Riot Games, You (as a company) have lost any further potential business from my family, and before you laugh it off and say "boohoo, don't let the door hit you"... consider for a moment the reach of an individual. How word of mouth can make or break a company. If you fail to treat your players with compassion, they will go elsewhere.

She would certainly have had to have a pattern of leaving games to get a ban like that. I've left a number of games and most I've had was a 10 minute queue. Also, I don't think they would have responded that rudely. Lastly, the 10th is tomorrow, that's a 1-day ban. I don't think a day off the game will kill her.

Supafly GLHF

Recruiter

10-09-2012

After reading the above I will say that unfortunately this isn't a game where 1 person just quits playing monopoly. Its a game where if 1 person leaves, 4 others usually end up with a lot of wasted time. This is why the Leave Buster system is in place.