I went from 1300 to 1500 in a week after picking up AP Eve AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buk Lau

10-09-2012

When do yo think dfg is getting nerfed?

Wise Squirrel

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXdasonXX View Post
She gets countered easily by katarina and several others, and pin kwards stop her roam
I agree, I once got noticed by bot because they used pinks.

Apollo Starling

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkSammich View Post
Katarina is a skill matchup, pink wards aren't really a problem either. If you ward the middle of your lane and I come from behind you while you're CS'ing mid with my jungler CS'ing mid its still a kill. With W pink wards/oracles offer little protection against her.

I too went from 1300 elo to 1500 playing Eve. I played other champions and had good records on them too(Singed 4-0) but the bulk of my work was done with Eve.

If you want to stop Eve you look to champions like:

Kassadin - Eve's Q charges his E, he can rift walk away from a DFG+R combo before eve can finish him. He has a similarly strong roam at 6.

Zyra/Ahri - have ridiculous range, deny farm, poke under turret
Ryze/Annie - Same story as Zyra/Ahri but not as safe to play, no mobility FTL.

Morgana/Gragas/Swain - build dorans rings until you're comfortable. Constantly keep her turret pushed, be too tanky to get bursted. Turn it into a farm lane. Eve with no kills isn't scary at all.

EDIT - Picture is your pink ward. Red route is Eve's gank route when you think she is MIA. Blue routes are what is also available to the jungler... not sure how a pink ward is going to help you.
Zyra, Ahri, Morg, Gragas, Swain, and any other skillshot based champ are eve's best mid matchups from my experience. I run movespeed quints and masteries on her (basically just copied the build from the TSM guide), combined with her passive movespeed from Q and active movespeed from W, no skillshot should ever hit her. Ever.

And its true that pink wards dont help either. If I go down river and I notice the enemy backing off, I say (oh okay river's pinked) and I just go behind my tower and wander in lane that way, they never see me.

Who's going to stick pink wards in the river, tribush, and lane bushes every 3 minutes? If I force them to do that, they're already going to lose even without me ganking.

sammich kek

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Starling View Post
Zyra, Ahri, Morg, Gragas, Swain, and any other skillshot based champ are eve's best mid matchups from my experience. I run movespeed quints and masteries on her (basically just copied the build from the TSM guide), combined with her passive movespeed from Q and active movespeed from W, no skillshot should ever hit her. Ever.

And its true that pink wards dont help either. If I go down river and I notice the enemy backing off, I say (oh okay river's pinked) and I just go behind my tower and wander in lane that way, they never see me.

Who's going to stick pink wards in the river, tribush, and lane bushes every 3 minutes? If I force them to do that, they're already going to lose even without me ganking.
I used A Master Shaco's Eve guide, he is the guy who got plat in like a week playing only Eve. It is on Solomid as well http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=34618

Apollo Starling

10-09-2012

bumpan

Legendary Cookie

10-10-2012

Bumps for you