Singed late game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Majblitz

10-15-2012

The other day I was playing singed top lane and just having a grand ole time. Our entire team was doing well enough to stay even with the opposing team until we started to get into late late game. This game went on for approximately 71 minutes, and I'm fairly certain every except the support had full builds. I did well until roughly the last 20 minutes of the game, and then I just felt somewhat helpless.

I really wasn't sure exactly how to build for THAT far late game, and being the only tanky champion on the team, I just build even tankier. My final build was: Merc Treads, GA, Rylai's, FoN, Frozen Heart, and Thornmail. The enemy team was comprised of: Poppy, Annie, Tryndamere, Lee Sin, and Soraka.

I was flipping the squishies into our team whenever I could, be aside from that the slow, I didn't really feel like I was contributing that far into the game. My question is, did I make a mistake by building TOO tanky and sacrificing damage as a result? How should I be building that far into the game?

Lord Ryushishin

10-15-2012

Singed is meant to be a Tank. So you did your job. However I honestly would rather use a Rod of Ages over Rylai's on Singed. 6 RoA on Singed = Pro.

t3hep1cf47m4n

10-15-2012

i wouldn't worry about it, those games are insanely rare and you still wouldn't contribute any meaningful damage to the fight if you traded some tanky stuff for damage stuff.

though, your build in general is atrocious:

RoA > Rylai's one of your abilities is a slow, you don't need another.

Randuin's Omen > Thornmail. the Active and passive are much more useful, and at that stage of the game people usually have enough lifesteal to negate the passive and have enough damage to kill you through it.

Majblitz

10-15-2012

Thank you for tips. I had both a Rylai's and RoA late game, but sold the RoA for a more armor intensive item. I will take this all with me into further games. Thanks!