The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Nunu

12-11-2012

Nunu grinned at Anivia as she glared at them, scratching the back of his head as he did.

"Oh, come on. I am fine, I am a growing boy you know, sometimes my center of balance changes and what not. Besides I always got Willump here to catch me."

He crossed his arms and gave her a thoughtful look as the yeti nodded at his previous statement.

"Besides, who said I am always causing trouble."

WIllump looked over at Nunu, then back to Anivia and shrugged, almost causing Nunu to loose his balance again.

Damnnation12

12-11-2012

Quote:

Anivia turns to the summoner who entered. While she remains as cool and collected as always, the visit from Nunu had clearly lifted her spirits. "All are welcome here, summoner. Brand and I have rarely seen eye to eye. Where I am a creature of ice, he is a spirit of fire. Where I intend to preserve the world, he would seek to end it. Despite the 'skins' that summoners use to disguise and distort our forms, our powers remain the same, and Brand's fires burn just as painfully whether his fires appear orange, blue, or green."
"Ah." He opens a book and flips to a page. "Anivia, what do you think about the more nature type of champions? Such as Zyra, or Nunu? Oh, and what do you think of Jayce?"

Dear Cryophoenix

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nunu View Post
Nunu grinned at Anivia as she glared at them, scratching the back of his head as he did.

"Oh, come on. I am fine, I am a growing boy you know, sometimes my center of balance changes and what not. Besides I always got Willump here to catch me."

He crossed his arms and gave her a thoughtful look as the yeti nodded at his previous statement.

"Besides, who said I am always causing trouble."

WIllump looked over at Nunu, then back to Anivia and shrugged, almost causing Nunu to loose his balance again.
Anivia sighs at Nunu's apparent indignation. "Willump and I for starters... You'll have to admit that you've built up a bit of a reputation. Not everyone appreciates a good snowball fight, especially those who can't conjure snow for themselves." She shakes her head at the thought of the situation.

“But enough of that. It has been such a long time since we spoke. Do you have any news from the Yeti? Last I heard, the passes were closing up for the winter, but I’m sure you would hear of any news that makes it out of Freljord. How have you been faring, both on the Fields and off? Have you made any friends amongst the new league arrivals?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnnation12 View Post
"Ah." He opens a book and flips to a page. "Anivia, what do you think about the more nature type of champions? Such as Zyra, or Nunu? Oh, and what do you think of Jayce?"
Anivia gives the summoner a somewhat skeptical look. “My opinion on Nunu here should be more than apparent. He and Willump were among my very first friends on this world, and remain the closest. As far as Zyra goes, however, I have largely kept my distance. The vegetation of this world tends to have little tolerance for the cold of my body, particularly those plants of the Plague Jungles. But now that you mention it, I ought to become more familiar with the newer champions of the league. Perhaps I’ll arrange a meeting outside of her garden for the sake of the plants that live there.”

“Jayce is... an interesting character. Unlike the scientists of Zaun, Piltover offers a relatively more clean take on technology which I believe will take them far. He certainly has high expectations for his role in the future, and his patriotism is commendable. My only concern would be his over eagerness to prove himself to the world: Too many scientists have harmed themselves trying to push forward a technology that the world was not yet ready for.”

Damnnation12

12-11-2012

Quote:
Anivia gives the summoner a somewhat skeptical look. “My opinion on Nunu here should be more than apparent. He and Willump were among my very first friends on this world, and remain the closest. As far as Zyra goes, however, I have largely kept my distance. The vegetation of this world tends to have little tolerance for the cold of my body, particularly those plants of the Plague Jungles. But now that you mention it, I ought to become more familiar with the newer champions of the league. Perhaps I’ll arrange a meeting outside of her garden for the sake of the plants that live there.”

“Jayce is... an interesting character. Unlike the scientists of Zaun, Piltover offers a relatively more clean take on technology which I believe will take them far. He certainly has high expectations for his role in the future, and his patriotism is commendable. My only concern would be his over eagerness to prove himself to the world: Too many scientists have harmed themselves trying to push forward a technology that the world was not yet ready for.”
He nods. "Alright, just a few more questions if you don't mind." He decides to sit down, still having the book open. "What do you think about Nasus and Renekton? Whats your opinion on what they do, whom the are, how they act? And you've probably been asked this, but whats your 'breakfast of champions?" I'd like to take you out to the grand hall for breakfast some time, you're very interesting to talk to, you know a lot." He clears his throat.

"Oh, and do you have a favorite champion? I assume your least favorite is Brand."

Dear Cryophoenix

12-11-2012

Quote:
He nods. "Alright, just a few more questions if you don't mind." He decides to sit down, still having the book open. "What do you think about Nasus and Renekton? Whats your opinion on what they do, whom the are, how they act? And you've probably been asked this, but whats your 'breakfast of champions?" I'd like to take you out to the grand hall for breakfast some time, you're very interesting to talk to, you know a lot." He clears his throat.

"Oh, and do you have a favorite champion? I assume your least favorite is Brand."
Anivia eyes the summoner’s book with curiosity. “Perhaps you would oblige me in answering a question as well. For what purpose are you collecting this information? I find it hard to believe that my opinion on my fellow champions would have a large impact on your summoning choices or strategies, especially as often as I see Renekton and Nasus on the same team, or Morgana and Kayle for that matter. Most summoners wouldn’t bat an eyelash to send me through torrents of flame from Annie, Brand, Rumble and Shyvana to reach their own ends. How is it that you’ve decided to collect a books worth of our thoughts?”

“To answer your questions, however, I find Nasus to be a fascinating character. Unlike most of the league champions, Nasus is by trade a keeper of knowledge. Not a fighter, inventor, or mage trained in combat, but a librarian of sorts. As long-lived as we are, my people have always sought the preservation of knowledge wherever we can, and I greatly sympathize with his cause. At the same time, he is a pillar of might on the Fields of Justice, holding his own against the most powerful entities in this world. It is truly a sight to behold.”

“The subject of his brother, Renekton, is a disturbing tale indeed. Granted the power to see the evil in those around him, he succumbed to it, overcome by the ‘butcher’s rage’ to quell the evil in the hearts of men. Yet even in the depths of his madness, he knew that he needed to be stopped, and continues to seek his brother with a single-minded determination for that purpose. I feel that this speaks volumes to the wisdom and power of the guardian’s race. Renekton is not a figure to be feared and hated, but rather pitied. If that rage could be quelled in any way save for his death, I believe the path should be followed, as I have a feeling Renekton is capable of teaching us as much or more about ourselves than even the Curator.”

She blinks at the question about breakfast. She had expected the question to come eventually, but still couldn’t quite understand the summoners particular fascination with the subject. She lets loose a sigh before responding. “As an elemental guardian of ice, I need eat little, summoner. More often than not, I will eat nothing at all for several days. I am, however, a bird of prey. When I do eat, I most often capture fish from the streams of Freljord, though if the opportunity presents itself, I can bring down much larger prey such as elk. Regardless, I find that hunting is easiest in the morning light upon the Ironspike Mountains, thus you could call any of these meals a breakfast. I am, however, more than happy to sample the cuisine of those who host me. I would quite enjoy the opportunity to socialize over a breakfast of your choosing.”

She narrows her eyes at the last question. “I believe that it would be difficult to ascribe the status of favorite to any one champion of the league, or least favorite for that matter. Brand and I may have our differences, but I would still be willing to entertain the idea of a friendly chat with him... from a safe distance. A conflict in our views and standpoints does not mean we hate each other. I’ve formed very close relationships with many champions of the league, but if you must narrow it down, Nunu, Willump, and Ashe are among the most important to me. There are certainly champions that I prefer not to fight against directly. Fizz is probably near the top of that list, yet I have a soft spot for him and the other younger champions of the league.”

Ask Nunu

12-11-2012

Nunu turned a little red at her comments.

"Yeah, well...I think everyone should try a snowball fight once in their lives, at least once..."

He looked relieved about the change of subject. He nodded at his friend as he answered.

"The yeti tribes are doing well, everything is well stocked for the winter and the following months. It is true that communication is really hard when the passes are snowed in, but like every year everyone seems to make it through alright in the end. As for us, we have been pretty popular as supports and junglers recently, and off the feilds our work keeps us just as busy. Though we do enjoy our freetime as it comes.As for meeting the new arrival, I have started the process to get to know them better. So far I met with Zyra, and she seems pretty nice to me so far."

He grinned at old bird and looked around.

"How about yourself, have you been well. And what do you think of some of these new guys here?"

Dear Cryophoenix

12-12-2012

Quote:
Nunu turned a little red at her comments.

"Yeah, well...I think everyone should try a snowball fight once in their lives, at least once..."

He looked relieved about the change of subject. He nodded at his friend as he answered.

"The yeti tribes are doing well, everything is well stocked for the winter and the following months. It is true that communication is really hard when the passes are snowed in, but like every year everyone seems to make it through alright in the end. As for us, we have been pretty popular as supports and junglers recently, and off the fields our work keeps us just as busy. Though we do enjoy our freetime as it comes.As for meeting the new arrival, I have started the process to get to know them better. So far I met with Zyra, and she seems pretty nice to me so far."

He grinned at old bird and looked around.

"How about yourself, have you been well. And what do you think of some of these new guys here?"
“I’ll be honest with you, Nunu, between my league duties, tracking the instabilities of magic in this world and aiding the summoners in their research, I have had little time for socializing outside of my own home here. As you know, I’m more than happy to maintain a solitary life, but I’m afraid I had grown a bit despondent in my time alone. As always, as little as your presence has shown me how important our interactions outside the Fields of Justice are. I am too used to my peers being immortal as myself, but watching how quickly you’re growing serves only to remind me that I must adjust to the pace of this world.”

“You’ve met Zyra, you say? I’d have thought she’d be displeased with the chill you bring. Perhaps I’ve been too wary of my effects on others.” She glances at Willump, seamlessly switching to the language of the Yeti. “My apologies, Willump, I’ve been spending so much time among these people. Have you learned anything of the language?”

Ask Nunu

12-12-2012

Nunu frowns slightly, but nods in understanding.

"Yeah, we get what ya mean Anivia. But you really should get out and about more often. Like you said, being immortal must really screw with your perception of time when it concerns us mortals. But anyway, Zyra didn't seem to mind the cold too much, but we were sure to leave before we caused long term harm to her garden."

Willump looked over to Anivia and spoke to her after Nunu finished.

"It is quite alright Anivia, I appreciate your concern. I can understand the human tounge well enough, but speaking it...well...not so much."

Damnnation12

12-12-2012

Quote:
Anivia eyes the summoner’s book with curiosity. “Perhaps you would oblige me in answering a question as well. For what purpose are you collecting this information? I find it hard to believe that my opinion on my fellow champions would have a large impact on your summoning choices or strategies, especially as often as I see Renekton and Nasus on the same team, or Morgana and Kayle for that matter. Most summoners wouldn’t bat an eyelash to send me through torrents of flame from Annie, Brand, Rumble and Shyvana to reach their own ends. How is it that you’ve decided to collect a books worth of our thoughts?”

“To answer your questions, however, I find Nasus to be a fascinating character. Unlike most of the league champions, Nasus is by trade a keeper of knowledge. Not a fighter, inventor, or mage trained in combat, but a librarian of sorts. As long-lived as we are, my people have always sought the preservation of knowledge wherever we can, and I greatly sympathize with his cause. At the same time, he is a pillar of might on the Fields of Justice, holding his own against the most powerful entities in this world. It is truly a sight to behold.”

“The subject of his brother, Renekton, is a disturbing tale indeed. Granted the power to see the evil in those around him, he succumbed to it, overcome by the ‘butcher’s rage’ to quell the evil in the hearts of men. Yet even in the depths of his madness, he knew that he needed to be stopped, and continues to seek his brother with a single-minded determination for that purpose. I feel that this speaks volumes to the wisdom and power of the guardian’s race. Renekton is not a figure to be feared and hated, but rather pitied. If that rage could be quelled in any way save for his death, I believe the path should be followed, as I have a feeling Renekton is capable of teaching us as much or more about ourselves than even the Curator.”

She blinks at the question about breakfast. She had expected the question to come eventually, but still couldn’t quite understand the summoners particular fascination with the subject. She lets loose a sigh before responding. “As an elemental guardian of ice, I need eat little, summoner. More often than not, I will eat nothing at all for several days. I am, however, a bird of prey. When I do eat, I most often capture fish from the streams of Freljord, though if the opportunity presents itself, I can bring down much larger prey such as elk. Regardless, I find that hunting is easiest in the morning light upon the Ironspike Mountains, thus you could call any of these meals a breakfast. I am, however, more than happy to sample the cuisine of those who host me. I would quite enjoy the opportunity to socialize over a breakfast of your choosing.”

She narrows her eyes at the last question. “I believe that it would be difficult to ascribe the status of favorite to any one champion of the league, or least favorite for that matter. Brand and I may have our differences, but I would still be willing to entertain the idea of a friendly chat with him... from a safe distance. A conflict in our views and standpoints does not mean we hate each other. I’ve formed very close relationships with many champions of the league, but if you must narrow it down, Nunu, Willump, and Ashe are among the most important to me. There are certainly champions that I prefer not to fight against directly. Fizz is probably near the top of that list, yet I have a soft spot for him and the other younger champions of the league.”
"Well, I wouldn't think it would help. But the champions fascinate me, really, you guys are so diverse, and I'd spend my time learning about you guys ALL day rather than fighting on the fields, really, and its not sometimes that I'd like to know about you guys, but the things you do, like Master Yi and his Wuju style, or Zyra and her ability to control plants." He clears his throat, than proceeds to continue doing so. "I'm sorry, I got a cold from asking Nunu and Willump questions, I'll try not to do it every five seconds."

"So your prefrence is people and animals whom use snow and ice?" He writes that down. "I'm glad you'd like to come for breakfast, I'll ask the supervisor if he can get something for you to stand on if you aren't able to sit on a table."

Dear Cryophoenix

12-12-2012

Quote:
Nunu frowns slightly, but nods in understanding.

"Yeah, we get what ya mean Anivia. But you really should get out and about more often. Like you said, being immortal must really screw with your perception of time when it concerns us mortals. But anyway, Zyra didn't seem to mind the cold too much, but we were sure to leave before we caused long term harm to her garden."

Willump looked over to Anivia and spoke to her after Nunu finished.

"It is quite alright Anivia, I appreciate your concern. I can understand the human tounge well enough, but speaking it...well...not so much."
She responds in the guttural Yeti lenguage for Willump’s sake. “I will, Nunu, I will. Perhaps you would join me sometime? And I understand completely, Willump. Although I do think you should practice. The human tongue may be quite different from your own, but it is hardly insurmountable. Do you remember what I sounded like when we first met in Freljord?”

Quote:
"Well, I wouldn't think it would help. But the champions fascinate me, really, you guys are so diverse, and I'd spend my time learning about you guys ALL day rather than fighting on the fields, really, and its not sometimes that I'd like to know about you guys, but the things you do, like Master Yi and his Wuju style, or Zyra and her ability to control plants." He clears his throat, than proceeds to continue doing so. "I'm sorry, I got a cold from asking Nunu and Willump questions, I'll try not to do it every five seconds."

"So your prefrence is people and animals whom use snow and ice?" He writes that down. "I'm glad you'd like to come for breakfast, I'll ask the supervisor if he can get something for you to stand on if you aren't able to sit on a table."
Anivia sighs to the summoner. “It is not their affinity with snow and ice. I’ve said before that some of my greatest friends on my homeworld were Pyrophoenix. Willump and Nunu were among the very first creatures I met, Ashe shortly after. With them, I had my first real interactions with the people of this world, besides the summoners dragging me to the fields from time to time.”

“As far as breakfast goes, simply removing a bench would be suitable for me. As you can see, I can stand quite tall on my own, and indefinitely. It is kind of you to think of it, though. We may want to wait on the engagement, though. Perhaps you should go to a healer about that cough. My home is certainly not the warmest of places, and I would hate to aggravate it... I would be more than willing to talk to you any time once you are better.”