The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suripi Okami

11-27-2012

Oh....thank you Anivia,that was a real help in helping understand how phoenix works.
Are there any phoenix that govern two elements,or are they only allowed to use one element?
If so,is it rare for them to be born with it?

Dear Cryophoenix

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suripi Okami View Post
Oh....thank you Anivia,that was a real help in helping understand how phoenix works.
Are there any phoenix that govern two elements,or are they only allowed to use one element?
If so,is it rare for them to be born with it?
Anivia's eyes narrow slightly at the first comment. "How we... work?" She lets out a light chuckle. "Mages and scholars beyond count have studied my people's elemental powers and immortality, to little avail. I do not know why my people are the way we are, any more than you might explain the range of capabilities and power within your own race. What I can say is what we are. First and foremost, we are a physical manifestation of elemental magics. Unlike the people of your world who can study a magical force to gain control over it, we are born to our power. Magic in not a tool that we can control, but the core of our very being. The form that you actually see before you houses and organizes that power, granting us our memories and will. This is why we are so readily reborn: even when our bodies are broken, our magical powers remain strong."

"There are Phoenix who are capable of governing more than one element as you know them, yet they still house a single elemental force. There is no meaning as to whether a phoenix would be 'allowed' to control multiple elements." She looks into the distance, calling to memory the people she was torn away from. "Phoenix of magma hold power over molten rock, a combination of fire and earth, as it were. Yet at the same time they cannot simply call forth fire as a phoenix of flame might. They must always interact with the two together. Phoenix of steam hold their primary dominion of water, just as I do, yet they can embody the heat of fire and movement through air. While we call ourselves 'elemental protectors,' the elemental forces of the world are not so easily classified." Anivia shakes her head, looking back to her visitor. "Have I answered your questions suitably?"

Suripi Okami

11-27-2012

Umm.....yes thank you,i would also like to tell you that your feathers and personality are beautiful

Dear Cryophoenix

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suripi Okami View Post
Umm.....yes thank you,i would also like to tell you that your feathers and personality are beautiful
"My...?" Anivia is clearly caught off guard by the flattery. She ducks her head in embarrassment, but does not fail to take the opportunity to puff up her body, more fully capturing the faint light of her room upon her crystalline feathers. "Thank you, my dear. I've spent so much time fighting and learning about the state of this world, I'm afraid I've forgotten how to properly take a complement." She shuffels her wings and draws herself upright, trying to recover her dignity. "I'm glad I could sate your curiosity as well. Don't hesitate to visit should you need anything else. This nest is for all of us."

Suripi Okami

11-27-2012

Ok,will do

BloatedBile

12-10-2012

what do u think about the recent renovation of the fields of justice.

-bb

Dear Cryophoenix

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
what do u think about the recent renovation of the fields of justice.

-bb
At first, the letter appears blank, with no ink on the surface of the paper. When unfolded and held against a dark surface, however, the message would become clear, inscribed in a series of holes with no damage to the paper itself. While the first few words are blocky, their form rapidly develops into an incredibly precise script.

BB,

Keep in mind that my will and that of my summoner are intertwined for the duration of my time on the Summoner's Rift. As such, my own opinion is largely overshadowed by the combined opinions of those who summon me. As a rule, however, the recent renovations are... frustrating. It has become much more difficult to create a wall of ice that spans the entrance to the jungle. As such, I my role in both keeping my allies safe and catching my opponents out of place has become significantly less trivial for inexperienced summoners and masters of their trade alike.

~Anivia, The Cryophoenix

Ask Nunu

12-11-2012

Willump lumbers in with Nunu sitting on his broad shoulders. The boy and the yeti wave at the cryophoenix as they approach.

"Hey there Anivia, how has it been. I have been meaning to come visit for a while now, but league duties have been keeping me busy."

The boy grins as he as he stretches a little, almost falling off, but Willump catches him by the leg and helps him regain his balance.

Damnnation12

12-11-2012

A summoner poked his head out the door to were Anivia perched, he waved before clearing his throat. "Excuse me, I have a question....you've might have been asked this before but...Whats your thoughts on brand when hes in his ice skin?"

Dear Cryophoenix

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nunu View Post
Willump lumbers in with Nunu sitting on his broad shoulders. The boy and the yeti wave at the cryophoenix as they approach.

"Hey there Anivia, how has it been. I have been meaning to come visit for a while now, but league duties have been keeping me busy."

The boy grins as he as he stretches a little, almost falling off, but Willump catches him by the leg and helps him regain his balance.

Upon seeing Willump approach, Anivia flits forward to meet them. "Willump, Nunu, it is always great to see you outside the Fields of Justice. If your duties have been as extensive as mine, they'll at the very least keep you out of trouble."

At Nunu's mishap, she fixes both yeti and rider with a disapproving glare. Unable to help herself, she can only fret nervously as the boy rights himself. "Do be careful. How long have you two been together that that still happens?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnnation12 View Post
A summoner poked his head out the door to were Anivia perched, he waved before clearing his throat. "Excuse me, I have a question....you've might have been asked this before but...Whats your thoughts on brand when hes in his ice skin?"
Anivia turns to the summoner who entered. While she remains as cool and collected as always, the visit from Nunu had clearly lifted her spirits. "All are welcome here, summoner. Brand and I have rarely seen eye to eye. Where I am a creature of ice, he is a spirit of fire. Where I intend to preserve the world, he would seek to end it. Despite the 'skins' that summoners use to disguise and distort our forms, our powers remain the same, and Brand's fires burn just as painfully whether his fires appear orange, blue, or green."