The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

03-15-2013

I'm sorry, Anivia, the weather is warming. Is this a depressing time for you?

...

...fine, I admit it, I'm teasing. Sorry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloatedBile

Senior Member

03-16-2013

dear nivniv,

how was ash's wedding?

-bb


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

Senior Member

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask HeraldVik View Post
I keep hearing this..."who we are" idea from champions and summoners. It seems familiar, but I do not understand it. Could you elaborate for me? It seems that who people are could be very much improved if they became machines. They would become smarter, faster, stronger.
Anivia sighs, “For me the concept is very simple: as a machine, I would not be an elemental of ice. If you do away with my emotions, will I still endeavor to protect that natural world? It is that purpose of my life, the very core of my being, without which I would be little more than a shell wandering aimlessly through the world. Imagine, if you will, that the final stage of your “evolution” would remove your ability to innovate and invent. Would it still be a step that you would willingly take?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
I'm sorry, Anivia, the weather is warming. Is this a depressing time for you?

...

...fine, I admit it, I'm teasing. Sorry.
Anivia chuckles lightly at as she shakes her head. “The pattern of the seasons was no different on my homeword, Shyvana. Rest assured, I do not mourn to see the snow and ice melt from the land. Soon enough, I will be returning to my protectorate in the heights of Freljord, where the weather is colder year-round than it has ever been in the institute.” Her eyes twinkle as she makes her own jab. “Although, I’ve seen how you keep to those volcanic springs. Perhaps it is my presence alone that keeps you so depressed.” She looks out over the courtyard where the last vestiges of ice from the winter slowly melt away, feeding the steaming pools of the cavern springs. “I cannot help but think that I will miss this place, though... Tell me, Shyvana, what is it that has brought you to my makeshift home?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear nivniv,

how was ash's wedding?

-bb
BB,

If by wedding, you mean the coronation of Queen Ashe and Kind Tryndamere, then the proceedings was impressive indeed. The crystal palace is a fortress unlike any you’ve ever seen, its icy halls so grand I hardly minded the confined space. It was a joyous occasion for all who attended, tribesmen and barbarians alike. Perhaps more importantly, the event was a symbol of unity and strength for the Freljordian people. I may not have overseen the Three Sisters War, but its effects were obvious for any to see. Not only was Ashe able to unite these people that I have sworn to protect, but the young Nunu was also made an emissary to the league, securing the friendship and equity between the humans and other races of Freljord.

But perhaps you were wondering something more specific? I’d be more to happy to answer any questions about the proceedings that you may have.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
Anivia chuckles lightly at as she shakes her head. “The pattern of the seasons was no different on my homeword, Shyvana. Rest assured, I do not mourn to see the snow and ice melt from the land. Soon enough, I will be returning to my protectorate in the heights of Freljord, where the weather is colder year-round than it has ever been in the institute.” Her eyes twinkle as she makes her own jab. “Although, I’ve seen how you keep to those volcanic springs. Perhaps it is my presence alone that keeps you so depressed.” She looks out over the courtyard where the last vestiges of ice from the winter slowly melt away, feeding the steaming pools of the cavern springs. “I cannot help but think that I will miss this place, though... Tell me, Shyvana, what is it that has brought you to my makeshift home?”
"...mostly just to make that joke." Shyvana admitted, almost ashamed. "I just felt like I should come visit you. It certainly has been a while... I am not depressed!" She smirked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

Senior Member

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
"...mostly just to make that joke." Shyvana admitted, almost ashamed. "I just felt like I should come visit you. It certainly has been a while... I am not depressed!" She smirked.
Anivia clicks her beak thoughtfully, "I suppose it has been some time... I apologize, I'm not entirely used to dealing with the speed of your world's interactions. Given the length of our lives, my people are quite aclimatized to not seeing even the closest of friends for hundreds or thousands of years..." She trails off clearly falling into memories of her past, then glances up at Shyvana and adds hurriedly, "That is not to say I don't appreciate the visit of a friend. Perhaps we could go on that flight someday soon. I should like to see your favorite places in Demacia before the summer sets in."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Almogs

Senior Member

03-26-2013

Daerion approaches the Cyrophoenix's nest. A light smile on his face.

"Greetings, O' great cyrophoenix. My name is Daerion and I'm a defender of nature. I have a question for you, if you may listen."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

Senior Member

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almogs View Post
Daerion approaches the Cyrophoenix's nest. A light smile on his face.

"Greetings, O' great cyrophoenix. My name is Daerion and I'm a defender of nature. I have a question for you, if you may listen."
Anivia puffs herself up slightly, clearly basking in the high praise of Daerion's speech. She looks him over with an appraising eye. While wearing robes, they were of the Ionian style, not those of the summoners. Carrying both a staff and longsword, his profession was difficult for her to divine, giving him a somewhat mysterious air. "Defender of Nature...? Of course you may always ask a question. Knowledge exists to be shared, not horded."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Almogs

Senior Member

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
Anivia puffs herself up slightly, clearly basking in the high praise of Daerion's speech. She looks him over with an appraising eye. While wearing robes, they were of the Ionian style, not those of the summoners. Carrying both a staff and longsword, his profession was difficult for her to divine, giving him a somewhat mysterious air. "Defender of Nature...? Of course you may always ask a question. Knowledge exists to be shared, not horded."
Daerion's smile turns into a grin when Anivia notices him. He kneels. "It is an honor to be in the presence of a mighty, majestic being such as yourself." Daerion rose after these words and started speaking. "While I am an Ionian as you might have noticed..." Daerion flicks his fingers and his robes change into silken robes of brown and forest green. "I am also a member of the Guardians. I was tasked in looking for other beings, such as yourself, while I emissary for Ionia, it simply seemed convenient. I decided to start my search here, in the Freljord because it is the resting place of the great Cyrophoenix."

Suddenly a butterly lands on Daerion's hand, it was small and delicate but on it's crystal clear blue and white wings he had a pattern of snowflakes.

"You see, the nature starts to die. The fault is on none other but our's, the human beings. The industry and machinary has corrupted the nature and it is slowly killing him. While my brethren and I do what we can to protect it, we are limited, and thus we are looking for new resources of power to ask for help. We currently heard of an Infernophoenix egg by our informers that was discovered not long ago in the Freljord. We wish to raise this Infernophoenix and make sure it does not come to harm. Do you happen to know where it's egg is?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
Anivia clicks her beak thoughtfully, "I suppose it has been some time... I apologize, I'm not entirely used to dealing with the speed of your world's interactions. Given the length of our lives, my people are quite aclimatized to not seeing even the closest of friends for hundreds or thousands of years..." She trails off clearly falling into memories of her past, then glances up at Shyvana and adds hurriedly, "That is not to say I don't appreciate the visit of a friend. Perhaps we could go on that flight someday soon. I should like to see your favorite places in Demacia before the summer sets in."
"I'm not sure you would fit in the diner I enjoy." Shyvana said. "But okay, we can do that. Are you available now?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

Senior Member

04-07-2013

((It is with much reluctance that I must announce that I will be leaving this forum. Certainly, this has been a wonderful introduction to the world of role playing for me. I had intended to hold on to this role for quite some time, as the role playing community is something very dear to me, and as my recent interactions with members on this thread have indicated, I intended to begin branching out once more into the community. For this, I apologize to both Almogs and Shyvana. If you’d like to finish a final adventure, I can certainly oblige, but I didn’t want to give false impressions.

A variety of factors have stayed my hand. First and foremost, Riot had been hinting at some major lore changes throughout the Freljord, and I didn’t want to commit myself fully to a plot. Now that they’ve been released, I can see that the overhaul of my lore is extensive, and character-breaking to my portrayal. Some may know that I’ve taken a rather extensive job in different sector of the roleplaying community that takes a significant portion of my time. Combining this with real life stresses, finding time to post on this forum has become exceedingly difficult. Finally, I feel as though I’m being somewhat unfair by continuing to capitalize on such an amazing character as Anivia. I feel as though it may be time to allow someone else to take to the skies on these frozen wings, and perhaps some day the winds will bring us together again to draw inspiration from our adventures.

It was written that the beginning and end of Anivia’s eternal cycle of life and death herald the great changes of the world. Certainly I’m hoping that this change can usher in a new age of glory for this forum. As always, I will continue to watch over this forum from time to time. I wish you all great health and writing. May the winds of fate carry you safely onward.

~Anivia, The Cryophoenix))