The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskTheVengeance View Post
That old thing? They let me out on "good behavior."Now they keep me in a stone chamber. Pretty fortified, but escapable. As you can see. I usually leave to roam the outside world until my summoners realize I am gone and come to fetch me. Oh speak of the devil.

*Brand sees off in the distance, probably several miles away, the outline of purple robes*

There they are. I am afraid I only have a little longer with you. Anything else you would like to ask?
Anivia sighs, shaking her head, “You know, you’d probably be harder to trace if you didn’t insist on burning everything in your path.” She indicates with a wing the wide swath of dark stone cut through the pristine white snows of the Freljord, a stark path leading directly to the elemental. “I will always be here if you need anything from me. Just be careful of the path you tread, Burning Vengeance. If you harm this world with your newfound freedom, you will have more than the summoners rising against you.”

AskTheVengeance

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
Anivia sighs, shaking her head, “You know, you’d probably be harder to trace if you didn’t insist on burning everything in your path.” She indicates with a wing the wide swath of dark stone cut through the pristine white snows of the Freljord, a stark path leading directly to the elemental. “I will always be here if you need anything from me. Just be careful of the path you tread, Burning Vengeance. If you harm this world with your newfound freedom, you will have more than the summoners rising against you.”
I'll keep that in mind, Cryophoenix.

*He says rather half-hearted as his summoners come, holding magical cuffs*

Time to go, Brand.

Ah, hello Jeffery. Let's get a move on then.

*He is cuffed and led away from Frelijord*

Suripi Okami

02-07-2013

Perhaps I should do a dance another time,perhaps during the lunar revel.
Farewell for now,Anivia,I'll come back after i think of more questions

BloatedBile

03-09-2013

dear nivs,

do you like icecream?

-bb

Dear Cryophoenix

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear nivs,

do you like icecream?

-bb
Anivia chuckles lightly as she reads over the note. What strange things these summoners ponder. She walks to a desk containing her most recent attempt at letter writing. Ink stains stand as testament to a variety of failures and mistakes. A strange construction looms over the paper, holding a small well of ink attached to a wide pen nozzle caked in ink. With a wave of her wing, she flings a shard of ice at the tip, releasing a thin stream of ink that she froze and guided into an ornate, yet readable script on the page.

BB,

I must admit that I was quite surprised when I first witnessed what I could only assume was the consumption of well dressed snows. As a general rule, eating snow is relatively uncommon in the harshest of winter environments, so much so that I felt the need to inquire as to draw of such a strange food. Unfortunately, the diners did not seem privy to my appearance on your world and left in quite a hurry... I thought it somewhat insensitive to enjoy the foods they left behind.

She paused, a frozen dam holding the flow of ink as she reminisced on how very far she had come from that fateful day she was torn from her own world and instantly flung into a position of great influence to a foreign people. We follow along and adapt.

I have certainly partaken in the food since then. What fascinates me the most is the wide variety of ice creams your people enjoy. I should think it impossible to sample them all. While I have found trying the samples an enjoyable experience, it is somewhat over-sweet for a bird of pray such as myself. I can't help but fear that some of the novelty of a frozen treat is lost on me.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Ask HeraldVik

03-10-2013

*Viktor approaches the Cryophoenix. Most people would be wearing some sort of protective gear in this cilmate, but Viktor is wearing his normal attire (metal:1, skin:0 haha!).*

Hello, Anivia. How have you fared recently. I must ask you, what do you think of my Glorious Evolution? And are you in any way interested in sharing my dream of a perfected humanity forged in steel?

Dear Cryophoenix

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask HeraldVik View Post
*Viktor approaches the Cryophoenix. Most people would be wearing some sort of protective gear in this cilmate, but Viktor is wearing his normal attire (metal:1, skin:0 haha!).*

Hello, Anivia. How have you fared recently. I must ask you, what do you think of my Glorious Evolution? And are you in any way interested in sharing my dream of a perfected humanity forged in steel?
Anivia watches the Herald closely as he climbs the summit. While he may be encased in metal, the chill of the mountains would rapidly freeze whatever biological components of himself that remained. She hopes that he has not removed his capability to feel the pain of the cold, seeing it as nothing more than a biological flaw... Perhaps it was the job of one of the many foreign circuits he had augmented his body with to maintain the temperature of the biological side of him that remained.

She sighs softly at his question... as always, Viktor was a single minded individual, intent on his goals and nothing else.
"You tread a very fine line, Machine Herald. The technologies that you promise could bring the people of this world to a timeless golden age, or hasten their destruction through injustice and strife. Too often I have watched visionary men wanting nothing but the improvement of the world flounder and destroy themselves for their own ideals. Tell me, what is the end that you envision? What will the world have gained once your goals are reached?"

Ask HeraldVik

03-11-2013

Quote:
Anivia watches the Herald closely as he climbs the summit. While he may be encased in metal, the chill of the mountains would rapidly freeze whatever biological components of himself that remained. She hopes that he has not removed his capability to feel the pain of the cold, seeing it as nothing more than a biological flaw... Perhaps it was the job of one of the many foreign circuits he had augmented his body with to maintain the temperature of the biological side of him that remained.

She sighs softly at his question... as always, Viktor was a single minded individual, intent on his goals and nothing else.
"You tread a very fine line, Machine Herald. The technologies that you promise could bring the people of this world to a timeless golden age, or hasten their destruction through injustice and strife. Too often I have watched visionary men wanting nothing but the improvement of the world flounder and destroy themselves for their own ideals. Tell me, what is the end that you envision? What will the world have gained once your goals are reached?"
*He raises his staff in the air, as if painting a picture*

It will be a wonderful age, Cryophoenix. Think of it! A world with no disease, no physical ailment, and if my technology improves even more, no death! It will be a perfect world, the world of the machine! No war, for all are of the same species and origin! None of the strife that comes with simple human emotion. In short, perfect peace. Is that not appealing? Is that not something worth pushing for? All I want out of this is rightful recognition. My main focus is the well-being of all life on Runeterra.

Dear Cryophoenix

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask HeraldVik View Post
*He raises his staff in the air, as if painting a picture*

It will be a wonderful age, Cryophoenix. Think of it! A world with no disease, no physical ailment, and if my technology improves even more, no death! It will be a perfect world, the world of the machine! No war, for all are of the same species and origin! None of the strife that comes with simple human emotion. In short, perfect peace. Is that not appealing? Is that not something worth pushing for? All I want out of this is rightful recognition. My main focus is the well-being of all life on Runeterra.
Anivia listens attentively as Viktor speaks. He’s certainly a man of high ideals, but she can’t help but wonder how he plans to gain the support of the people of Valoran. Rarely are people willing to give up everything that makes them who they are to simplify the world. She shakes her head sadly, “All the same species and origin? Viktor, look at who you’re talking to.” She gestures towards herself with her wings, sending out a blast of cold air that even the Herald would notice. “Even if you could find a way encase my body in metal, you could not take away my origin. I am a creature of ice, inextricably tied to the natural world. I’ve spent years beyond your wildest imagination on a world that cannot be reached. Take that away from me and I would no longer be myself. For many of us, what we are is very much a part of who we are.”

Ask HeraldVik

03-14-2013

Quote:
Anivia listens attentively as Viktor speaks. He’s certainly a man of high ideals, but she can’t help but wonder how he plans to gain the support of the people of Valoran. Rarely are people willing to give up everything that makes them who they are to simplify the world. She shakes her head sadly, “All the same species and origin? Viktor, look at who you’re talking to.” She gestures towards herself with her wings, sending out a blast of cold air that even the Herald would notice. “Even if you could find a way encase my body in metal, you could not take away my origin. I am a creature of ice, inextricably tied to the natural world. I’ve spent years beyond your wildest imagination on a world that cannot be reached. Take that away from me and I would no longer be myself. For many of us, what we are is very much a part of who we are.”
I keep hearing this..."who we are" idea from champions and summoners. It seems familiar, but I do not understand it. Could you elaborate for me? It seems that who people are could be very much improved if they became machines. They would become smarter, faster, stronger.