The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

12-24-2012

((Do not worry, you were not forgotten. I’m not a writer by trade... it takes a while.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
Lux walked up to Anivia, smiling.

"Hello, Anivia." She said. "Are you doing anything for the people of Freljord for Snowdown?"
Anivia bows her head to the Lady of Luminosity. “Hello Luxanna, it is always a pleasure to see you off the fields. Unfortunately, most of Freljord is currently entombed in snow. I’m afraid that since my arrival, some of them have come to hold the weather against me.” She looks away, into the distance. “I am not new to such superstitions; they will forgive me eventually. But until then, it is often best that I avoid showing myself to lend credence to their fears. The dead of winter has always been a time of solitude for me.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suripi Okami View Post
"Hmm.....I guess that makes sense,I just wish my studies were appreciated a little more outside of my home.'said the boy,with a sigh."If the theater doesn’t work out,I would gladly dance for you if you want."
“Spreading one’s culture is always difficult, especially if your field is small. So long as you do not push people too hard, you can slowly bring people to your cause.” She nods her head in excitement, “I should very much enjoy a performance either way. Should I clear out a space? Or perhaps it would work better outside?”

Quote:
(Where should I ask around?)
((You can start an out of context thread describing your idea and how you would want it to work/how people could contribute. Those interested will let you know, and share their own ideas. If the thread itself finally starts, that planning thread will either disappear, or act as a place for further out of context discussion on the thread itself, to prevent clutter.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Urgot View Post
I do not know *wheeze* what destiny awaits me after his demise. But I will not *wheeze* simply lay down and die. We shall see in time.
“Indeed we shall. I wish you the best in finding a calling outside of death and destruction. And if you cannot find that, rest assured that conflict is always a part of civilization. Your... unique skills will seldom be unwanted.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyunava View Post
Dear Anivia,

I love the fact that you are blue. Blue is my favorite color ^.^
But what would you do if you gained a skin like a fire bird,
How much would your abilities change then?
Dear Shiyunava,

I am flattered by your praise, but my coloration has nothing to do with my choice, but rather by what I am. All ice absorbs light that is red in color, leaving behind the blue that you see. Snow is only different because the light bounces right off of it without being absorbed. As the Lady of Luminosity knows, there are many tricks that can be played with light. I was called upon only once to create a maze for a group of young Phoenix who were forced to blast their way out.

The “skins” that you speak of are little but illusions that the summoners weave about us to please themselves. I do not know what changes they might inflict upon me to give me a fire based skin, but I can assure you that my abilities would all remain the same. As yet, the summoners have known well enough to cater to my nature. I have told the high summoners before that if they desire to behold a Pyrophoenix upon the Fields of Justice, they would be far better served by bringing a second of my kind to this world than to disguise me in a mockery of my very elemental power.

~Anivia, The Cryophoenix

Dear Luxanna

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
((Do not worry, you were not forgotten. I’m not a writer by trade... it takes a while.))

Anivia bows her head to the Lady of Luminosity. “Hello Luxanna, it is always a pleasure to see you off the fields. Unfortunately, most of Freljord is currently entombed in snow. I’m afraid that since my arrival, some of them have come to hold the weather against me.” She looks away, into the distance. “I am not new to such superstitions; they will forgive me eventually. But until then, it is often best that I avoid showing myself to lend credence to their fears. The dead of winter has always been a time of solitude for me.”
(No big deal. ^_^)

"That's too bad." Lux said solemnly. "I would have thought the people of Freljord would have experienced harsh winters even before you arrived. How sad... but, at least Ashe should be able to set her people straight. Stay positive." Lux smiled brightly. "But hey, at least you're not in complete solitude, right? After all, hi~."

Dear Cryophoenix

12-30-2012

Quote:
"That's too bad." Lux said solemnly. "I would have thought the people of Freljord would have experienced harsh winters even before you arrived. How sad... but, at least Ashe should be able to set her people straight. Stay positive." Lux smiled brightly. "But hey, at least you're not in complete solitude, right? After all, hi~."
((Drafted and forgotten. I’m a bad person.))

“Even Ashe cannot visit many during the winter months. It is a phenomenon that I have experienced time and time again. I am quite happy in solitude.” With a glance at Lux’s infectious optimism, Anivia can’t help but stand straighter. “You and the rest of our fellows. I must admit that it makes the season almost overwhelming.”

Dear Luxanna

12-30-2012

Quote:
((Drafted and forgotten. I’m a bad person.))

“Even Ashe cannot visit many during the winter months. It is a phenomenon that I have experienced time and time again. I am quite happy in solitude.” With a glance at Lux’s infectious optimism, Anivia can’t help but stand straighter. “You and the rest of our fellows. I must admit that it makes the season almost overwhelming.”
Lux giggled.

"Not used to the holiday season?" She asked, smiling. "It takes getting used to, but once you do, it's so fun. What a wonderful time of year, this is. Do phoenixes not have holidays?"

Suripi Okami

12-30-2012

I think there is more than enough room,thank you for the concern.

Dear Cryophoenix

12-30-2012

Quote:
Lux giggled.

"Not used to the holiday season?" She asked, smiling. "It takes getting used to, but once you do, it's so fun. What a wonderful time of year, this is. Do phoenixes not have holidays?"
“We had our celebrations, certainly. A gathering of the Phoenix is a sight to behold. But to hold one so often as yearly?” Anivia shakes her head at the very concept. A glance out the nearby window reveals not the sky, but purple crystals of the institute’s cavern.

A cave within a cave.

She nods her head as though making up her mind about something. With a slight hop and a flutter of wings, Anivia stands face-to-face with her Crownguard visitor. She tilts her head to one side,
“A whole holiday season, and here I am cooped up like a brooding hen.” Her voice remains steady, but her crystalline eyes narrow at her own joke. “Perhaps you would walk with me while while we talk about it.” She uses a wing to gesture out the door toward the League’s courtyard. A patchwork of snow matched the skylights of the cave, standing in stark contrast to the purple hued stone.

Dear Luxanna

12-30-2012

Quote:
“We had our celebrations, certainly. A gathering of the Phoenix is a sight to behold. But to hold one so often as yearly?” Anivia shakes her head at the very concept. A glance out the nearby window reveals not the sky, but purple crystals of the institute’s cavern.

A cave within a cave.

She nods her head as though making up her mind about something. With a slight hop and a flutter of wings, Anivia stands face-to-face with her Crownguard visitor. She tilts her head to one side,
“A whole holiday season, and here I am cooped up like a brooding hen.” Her voice remains steady, but her crystalline eyes narrow at her own joke. “Perhaps you would walk with me while while we talk about it.” She uses a wing to gesture out the door toward the League’s courtyard. A patchwork of snow matched the skylights of the cave, standing in stark contrast to the purple hued stone.
Lux did her best not to coo too loudly at how adorable Anivia's hop and flap was, but she giggled anyway. She smiled wide.

"Sorry~." She said. "Yes, I'd love to~."

Shiyunava

12-30-2012

A letter would arrive for Anivia from a summoner in the Medical Wing
Dear Anivia,
I have a favor to ask of you, When I'm better, will you help me to fly better? I may only have one wing, but I can still fly but I need your help to get better. If you accept, I'll gratefully appreciate the help. If not, thank you for reading this letter.

~Rhinoa~

Dear Cryophoenix

12-31-2012

Quote:
I think there is more than enough room,thank you for the concern.
Anivia quicks her head sideways. “Is there anything else you need?”

Quote:
Lux did her best not to coo too loudly at how adorable Anivia's hop and flap was, but she giggled anyway. She smiled wide.

"Sorry~." She said. "Yes, I'd love to~."
Unsure of the source of the apology, Anivia looks at Lux quizzically for a moment, but then decides to let it go. After all, the Lady of Luminosity is well known for her bubbliness. Once outside, Anivia stretches her wings to their full extent, but remains on the ground out of respect for her flightless companion. She falls in step with the Crownguard, walking through the maze of caverns behind the institute. “You have to bear in mind, Lux, that our people are very long lived. Your celebrations are designed to honor a great person or event in your history, are they not? If I were to try to list all such events that I have witnessed personally, it would take days on end. Combine that with the experiences of other phoenix, and we could have nothing other than celebrations all year. No, our festivities occur on a much greater intervals, centuries at least, while our most extravagant celebrations occur but once in a world cycle, and can last for years on end.” As she speaks, her eyes are fixed on a scene outside this world.

She turns back to look at Lux.
“I was only summoned to this world 4 years ago, Lux. In terms of my age, that is nothing. I am... not the most quick to change of personalities, and much of this world is new to me.” She looks away and shuffles her wings uncomfortably. “But perhaps you can be the one to help me become acquainted with this season that you love. What is it about these calm southern winters that bring you such joy?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyunava View Post
A letter would arrive for Anivia from a summoner in the Medical Wing
Dear Anivia,
I have a favor to ask of you, When I'm better, will you help me to fly better? I may only have one wing, but I can still fly but I need your help to get better. If you accept, I'll gratefully appreciate the help. If not, thank you for reading this letter.

~Rhinoa~
Dear Rhinoa,

I am sure that I will not be the first to say that it will be incredibly difficult to fly with only one wing. I have never personally survived such an injury, nor met any of my kind who did not merely revert into their egg forms. My medical expertise is minimal, but I will gladly give you whatever aid I can. The winds in the caverns of the Institute are few and predictable, all the better to learn to fly once more. Come find me when you are ready.

May this letter be born on the winds of a speedy recover,

~Anivia, The Cryophoenix

Dear Luxanna

12-31-2012

Quote:
Unsure of the source of the apology, Anivia looks at Lux quizzically for a moment, but then decides to let it go. After all, the Lady of Luminosity is well known for her bubbliness. Once outside, Anivia stretches her wings to their full extent, but remains on the ground out of respect for her flightless companion. She falls in step with the Crownguard, walking through the maze of caverns behind the institute. “You have to bear in mind, Lux, that our people are very long lived. Your celebrations are designed to honor a great person or event in your history, are they not? If I were to try to list all such events that I have witnessed personally, it would take days on end. Combine that with the experiences of other phoenix, and we could have nothing other than celebrations all year. No, our festivities occur on a much greater intervals, centuries at least, while our most extravagant celebrations occur but once in a world cycle, and can last for years on end.” As she speaks, her eyes are fixed on a scene outside this world.

She turns back to look at Lux.
“I was only summoned to this world 4 years ago, Lux. In terms of my age, that is nothing. I am... not the most quick to change of personalities, and much of this world is new to me.” She looks away and shuffles her wings uncomfortably. “But perhaps you can be the one to help me become acquainted with this season that you love. What is it about these calm southern winters that bring you such joy?”
Lux spent a considerable amount of time admiring Anivia's wings. From the flex to the shuffling, Lux watched them with a bubbly smile, clearly finding them adorable.

"It's a time for people to be together and to be friendly." Lux replied, beaming. "Some people give gifts, people decorate, play, the snowy scenery is always so lovely... everything about it is wonderful~... except the music. It gets real annoying real fast." Ahe smirked a little.