The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

Senior Member

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suripi Okami View Post
I guess I should go into more details......
It's just like you say,it's plays are usually about historic battles between many groups of warlords and conflicts of the heart,but there are other genres like comedy and some stories are about famous myths.But there are some other things involved in Kabuki that make it unique,some for the better and for the worse....
First up being the stage itself,as it can move like a revolving door to change the scene itself.Second being a path into the audience,and a few trapdoors are used to transport yourself to different locations.But the downsides are that usually only males can do it for some reason,so men usually have to play as women when there is a role for female.then there is the heavy makeup that they wear whatever role you are....
The only reason my mom says that I shouldnt do it,is because of these two parts....
“It sounds like a truly unique form of performance. I would enjoy seeing it myself one day. It does seem strange that women would be barred from the art. Perhaps there are some cultural underpinnings that prevent their participation? If this were a social injustice, it would certainly be difficult to change from the outside, rather than from within. Regardless, makeup is always a part of the theatrical arts. It is quite difficult to immerse an audience in a story if your face remains familiar. And it hardly be reasonable to portray a scarred or crippled character by obtaining the same injuries.”


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Urgot

Senior Member

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post


“I don’t fear you, Urgot, but I do find your presence discomfiting. While I come from a world where rebirth is commonplace, I have had little exposure to the work of necromancers. That said, you have a second chance at some semblance of life; was this really just to give you the chance at bloody vengeance from the man who ended your first life? Unfamiliar as I am with necromancy, I feel that such a goal is a of the chance you have been given. I do not wish to change your mind, only to understand your motivations.”
*Wheeze*

Was it the purpose I was *wheeze* reanimated for? I do not know. *Wheeze* That would be a question for General Swain, *wheeze* if he even knows. I do not know how much involvement he had in that *wheeze* project. But it the purpose I had *wheeze* came to realize shortly after I was called back to life. It is what keeps me *wheeze* going.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suripi Okami

Senior Member

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
“It sounds like a truly unique form of performance. I would enjoy seeing it myself one day. It does seem strange that women would be barred from the art. Perhaps there are some cultural underpinnings that prevent their participation? If this were a social injustice, it would certainly be difficult to change from the outside, rather than from within. Regardless, makeup is always a part of the theatrical arts. It is quite difficult to immerse an audience in a story if your face remains familiar. And it hardly be reasonable to portray a scarred or crippled character by obtaining the same injuries.”
Oddly enough,the one who invented Kabuki is a female.I don't know why females don't do Kabuki,there are women's roles,yet only men are allowed to do it.....maybe they quit doing it.The only other study I have is Kagura,another form of dance thats wierd in its own right,Kagura is a shamanistic dance that is used to exorcise evil spirits.
Hmm I may have a idea,maybe I should make a playhouse in Ionia
and use it to tell about old battles between Demacia and Noxus.
(Should I make this idea a thread,if you think it's a bad idea,then I wont try it.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colonel qt

Senior Member

12-22-2012

Dear Anivia

When and why did you learn the Chicken Dance?

((If you haven't noticed that yet here's a video comparison.))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Luxanna

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Lux walked up to Anivia, smiling.

"Hello, Anivia." She said. "Are you doing anything for the people of Freljord for Snowdown?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Urgot View Post
*Wheeze*

Was it the purpose I was *wheeze* reanimated for? I do not know. *Wheeze* That would be a question for General Swain, *wheeze* if he even knows. I do not know how much involvement he had in that *wheeze* project. But it the purpose I had *wheeze* came to realize shortly after I was called back to life. It is what keeps me *wheeze* going.
“And that is my concern for you, Urgot. Your very will to live is driven by this desire for vengeance. Have you thought about what happens when you achieve it?” Anivia shuffles her wings on her back looking over the Headsman’s grotesquerie. “You asked me for my thoughts on your plans for vengeance? It is not my place to step into the squabbles of city states nor their soldiers. Garen is certainly no innocent to be protected: I will not interfere. Yet I do not condone this dedication of your second life to his death.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suripi Okami View Post
Oddly enough,the one who invented Kabuki is a female.I don't know why females don't do Kabuki,there are women's roles,yet only men are allowed to do it.....maybe they quit doing it.The only other study I have is Kagura,another form of dance thats wierd in its own right,Kagura is a shamanistic dance that is used to exorcise evil spirits.
Hmm I may have an idea,maybe I should make a playhouse in Ionia
and use it to tell about old battles between Demacia and Noxus.
"Sometimes, even those ungifted with magical powers can summon forth echoes of its power through ritual. When a people fall upon a ritual that is successful, its power is recorded and passed on, whether the result was magical, medicinal, or circumstantial. If you have the resources, I’m sure the Ionians would appreciate such a cultural exchange."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suripi Okami View Post
(Should I make this idea a thread,if you think it's a bad idea,then I wont try it.)
(I believe there have been attempts at holding plays in the past that didn’t end up working very well, however, success is largely in the presentation of your idea. Try to spread the idea around beforehand to see how much interest there might be, and develop how exactly it would work.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek View Post
Dear Anivia

When and why did you learn the Chicken Dance?
The letter returned was clearly not penned, as it contained no serifs at all. Some of the initial letters appeared warped with water damage.

Dear Shiek,

I had never thought I could regret such a small thing as that dance so much. When I was first summoned to this world, I knew very little of the language or customs than that which I could glean from the connection to the summoner’s minds. In the off time between my introductory matches, the young ones of the league, Annie, Nunu, and Amumu, approached me while doing that dance. I did not know what it meant, or even what a chicken was, but I have always had a soft spot for children, so I joined in with them. It is, after all, a very simple dance.

On my home world, we had incredible dances, through which we become one with both nature and magic. Our celebrations of life and rebirth could last years on end. Yet every time I am compelled to dance by my summoners, or by the power of Sona’s music, the so-called “chicken dance” is the one that comes to mind.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suripi Okami

Senior Member

12-23-2012

"Hmm.....I guess that makes sense,I just wish my studies were appreciated a little more outside of my home.'said the boy,with a sigh."If the theater doesnt work out,I would gladly dance for you if you want."

(Where should I ask around?)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Luxanna

Senior Member

12-23-2012

(You forgot mine~!)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Urgot

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
“And that is my concern for you, Urgot. Your very will to live is driven by this desire for vengeance. Have you thought about what happens when you achieve it?” Anivia shuffles her wings on her back looking over the Headsman’s grotesquerie. “You asked me for my thoughts on your plans for vengeance? It is not my place to step into the squabbles of city states nor their soldiers. Garen is certainly no innocent to be protected: I will not interfere. Yet I do not condone this dedication of your second life to his death.”

I do not know *wheeze* what destiny awaits me after his demise. But I will not *wheeze* simply lay down and die. We shall see in time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiyunava

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Dear Anivia,

I love the fact that you are blue. Blue is my favorite color ^.^
But what would you do if you gained a skin like a fire bird,
How much would your abilities change then?