How to not win at League of Legends: Soraka

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Holy f*ck I laughed so hard at that video XD

scotty2haughty

10-08-2012

Ranked stats - win about 60% with Soraka. I don't play Soraka passive. Constantly harass with E, heal your ADC with W. In team fights, spam your Q like crazy, while healing and silencing their APs. Ult at the right time in that team fight and look at that, you just 5-0 aced the enemy team and now their nexus is gone.

If you are losing a lane with Soraka you did it wrong. If your carry dies with Soraka you did it wrong.
Soraka is the worst support? No. You are the worst support. You just happened to be playing with Soraka.

SSSilhouette

10-08-2012

I ****ing swear to god, if Leona gets nerfed, I will fking break babies.

Raithofhel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Soraka is worst support? lol

Pusher ADC, soraka gives infinite mana to the carry, Q AoE dmg to help push, has silence + heal to stay relatively safe from everything except hard CC on the way back. Clearly, Soraka is bad at helping pressure a lane.

Poke ADC, Soraka gives infinite mana to carry to allow unlimited poke. Heals the ADC for whatever poke they took in the trade, allowing your carry to basically trade at an advantage whenever they want. Clearly, Soraka is bad at this.

Slow clearing jangler, or a junglier that can't comp bot based on top/mid makeup until 6+. Soraka gives Mana and HP sustain so ADC can farm up the lane without a ton of help from busy jungler and without missing creep waves because they need to B. Clearly, Soraka is bad at this.

Enemy picks Karthus, and Soraka R's right after Karthus starts his channel. God, Soraka sucks at this, and it's not like Karth didn't get picked repeatedly in worlds or anything that might make him suddenly picked more.

What you really mean is that if your version of 'winning early' means locking down a champ for an ADC to burst into and quickly kill, then sure, Soraka isn't very good at this. It's also true that Poke/Farm and Passive/Farm bot lanes are out of use atm (thank Riot for this directly), so Soraka's strength at this goes largely under-used. But worst Support? Bro please.

Enjuine

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushSecond View Post
I feel obligated to respond to the subject of my "main" seeing how I'm 78% win rate with Soraka and 3 elo away from plat right now, in great part thanks to my Soraka play.

You are focusing too much on her heal. It's strong, but it's not the only strength she has. I have such a good winrate with Soraka because I pick her when
a) Her ult counters the aoe damage of the other team
b) Her silence screws over multiple enemies (or one enemy in a very consistent manner)

First all, her E is IMO her best skill and what defines her. Your hypothetical situation is terrible because Tristana doesn't benefit at all from having infinite mana, and I would never pick Soraka if my AD were Trist or Vayne. However, with Graves, Corki, Ashe, or Sivir, that infinite mana becomes a crushing harass and push advantage that the enemy lane MUST deal with or they will fall behind in cs and tower damage. Aggressive plays can be survived with smart use of exhaust, flash, silence, and heal, and then afterwards we can just play safe and heal to full while they have no sustain. Enough wards will keep their jungler unable to help. It's a much tougher situation to deal with than you realize.

Then late game, I keep Soraka relevent using my aforementioned counters. Say they have Amumu. I counterpick with Soraka. Why? Because anytime he tries to initiate, I can just silence him for 1.5+ seconds which is enough for my team to spread out, flash away, and counter-initiate on his team who tried to rush in and capitalize on an ult that got denied. Say they also have Rumble who, during the ensuing fight, ults my whole team. My ult will undo almost all that damage. The combination of these, along with my heal to prevent focus on a critical target, makes me just as relevant, if not more so, than other supports.

Some more examples:

Ahri: whenever we team fight, she CANNOT use her ult offensively, since a quick silence will shut down her mobility for 2.5 seconds, 99% of the time that's long enough for my team to capitalize and kill her.

Vlad: no pool = dead vlad.

AD carries with escapes: silence is a legitimate disable against them. I've baited countless Ezreal kills by silencing just as my jungler is about to reach them.

AP carries in general: their spells are generally based on proper timing, such that if I get ignored and am able to walk up and silence them at a bad time, it can really mess them up. In one extreme case, I silenced Orianna three times in a single teamfight, screwing up her ult timing for the first one, preventing a clutch save with the second and... well... scored a lucky kill steal with the third, cause we had swept the rest of their team at that point.
Soraka's ult doesn't counter AOE. It's just counters damage. Sure, Raka's E can mess with people's combos, but Lulu/Fiddle do the same thing better. They also do other things. And Better. Raka Q can supplement an AP. Fiddle R can replace an AP

n2trains

10-08-2012

I have never had trouble when I played her.
Garbage players lose games with Soraka.

HuskarDc

10-08-2012

Funny to play her mid, though.

Tspuun

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whysopaperclip View Post
The reason people hate Soraka is because she babysits the AD carry.

An exchange goes between Ezreal and Corki. Ezreal has Soraka support. Corki has Janna.

Because of Janna's shield and CC. Corki loses 1/3 of his HP.

Ezreal loses 2/3s.

Soraka hovers her mouse over Ezreal, pressed W, and suddenly he's at full HP. As if the exchange never happened.
No, Soraka heals him while he's in the middle of taking damage, so that the armor buff mitigates additional damage, and then throws an Infuse at someone.

But uh, on topic, I play a lot of Soraka, and I never found her boring, probably because I tend to play more aggressive, sometimes I start with an amplifying tome and use infuse for surprisingly effective poke. Her heal is on a long cooldown, so it's really more about using it at the right time instead of mindlessly spamming it for sustain. The armor buff is pretty significant, especially at higher levels, so you want to time it for maximum effect.

If you're literally just sitting there being a ward machine and health/mana battery, you're doing something seriously wrong. You have literally free poke at your disposal, and at least in my elo, Soraka is about baiting your opponents into fights that it looks like they can win and then turning it around on them because actually, you still have all of this extra health that they didn't take into account.

Rovos

10-08-2012

I mostly play Soraka and I play aggressive early. Meaning I don't babysit. I'm standing next to my lanemate and trading shots and harassing while keeping us standing. That being said.. late game I do find she's a little less useful people have lifesteal and such mana refill is tough when people a million mana. Not to mention by the end of the game she's a little squishy. I still like playing her though.

puregoldenboy

10-08-2012

What is with all the Soraka sucks needs buffs threads? =(

12345678 ... 11