How to not win at League of Legends: Soraka

First Riot Post
123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enjuine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I'm not asking for buffs. I'm asking stating a design flaw with the champion that prevents her from being balanced. She's either ridiculous in her sustain/buffs or just completely useless and right now, its the latter.

Noric

10-08-2012

What about her global presence?

Idiotdroid

10-08-2012

Soraka is an awesome support.
The issue is you are comparing a Kill Lane against her.
Sustain doesn't do so well in that case.

Just like any champion you select, you need to consider the champion picks of the enemy team.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-08-2012

I've been saying this for a while, albeit much less eloquently.

+1

Ragebeard Manric

10-08-2012

I am of the same opinion OP, she really is the worst support out there at the moment, and while I wont go so far as to say ANY champion is a better support than Soraka, any of the common (or even unconventional supports like Fiddle/Naut) are vastly superior.

In an effort to curb her infinite sustain lanes (which were terrible, lets be real) her entire game has suffered and she's not worth much anymore.

kthnxbai

Recruiter

10-08-2012

soraka has tons of utility... the fact that she can perform her role while being in the super backline means that you can hold onto an early oracles insanely easily.

weakest support imo is janna atm. at least soraka lets you win trades in lane w/ W. the nerf to janna's E makes it only really work when you are on the winning side of trades

buff janna before soraka

Dryad Soraka

10-08-2012

I'm guessing you've never played Soraka then?

If so, be more aggressive, I just won a game as 6-1-14 Soraka*.

*Support, support runes and masteries 0-0-30.

Idiotdroid

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossac View Post
I am of the same opinion OP, she really is the worst support out there at the moment, and while I wont go so far as to say ANY champion is a better support than Soraka, any of the common (or even unconventional supports like Fiddle/Naut) are vastly superior.

In an effort to curb her infinite sustain lanes (which were terrible, lets be real) her entire game has suffered and she's not worth much anymore.
Fiddle and Naut can't heal or give mana to their adc.
This is the whole point of playing Soraka.

If you are trying to be super aggressive and get kills early, then don't pick soraka.
If you want your adc to farm really well while being able to take some damage, play soraka.

I don't understand why people are saying she is a bad support.
Id rather have a Soraka support than a Fiddle support any day. Watch how Fiddle becomes useless late game because he has no damage on his Ult and just dies instantly in fights.

Jabberwock12

10-08-2012

Global Heal, ranged silence for shutting down dangerous ults, AoE magic resist and shred, amazing single target heal/armor buff. I haven't played much ranked but I'm 12/16 wins with my soraka. The early game babysit/sustain is great, and while she can't full on deny 1 person from harming your ADC like leona, she makes up for in miles by protecting the team as a whole.

I laughed whenever amumu would bandage in thinking he had the perfect ult. I would like to see a leona stun him as fast as I can silence him, or stop a cass from freezing the team for those vital seconds, all the while withering their magic resist away.

She may not be the best but she is far from the worst.

Nimrook

10-08-2012

You act like Astral Blessing is the only spell Soraka has.

Her silence is an extremely important and useful part of her kit. Starcall is super strong late game if you've built any CDR. Late game in team fights with Vlad/Amumu it's like a free win.

Besides, if you're playing passively in lane as Soraka, you're doing it wrong. A smart Soraka/Ezreal will dump all over Taric/Graves because you can nickel and dime them until they're forced to play a losing hand or get zoned.

Her big problem is that she's fodder for jungle ganks, so yes, she could use a few tweaks, but you aren't losing the game by picking Soraka right now.

123456 ... 11