@Riot about Syndra's current state

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA1 View Post
So nothing that actually adds some actual synergy to her kit? No actual reason to place the orbs around? Nothing that makes orb placement and movement synergize, which her kit completely lacks now?

Wonderful.
1 step at a time, young one

getting RIOT to acknowledge anything is already a big step
It took over 1 year and 14000 upvotes to get bunny riven, so we are lucky

NA1

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
1 step at a time, young one

getting RIOT to acknowledge anything is already a big step
It took over 1 year and 14000 upvotes to get bunny riven, so we are lucky
Yes but that's a skin.

This is a blatant design failure.

NA1

10-09-2012

Bump.

CQReborn

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We've got a bunch of useability improvements, responsiveness and consistency of spell performance in particular, just about to start internal testing at the moment, along with some bug fixes. I'm hoping to find some time sometime later this week to throw up a post outlining the sort of stuff we're looking at and gather feedback on anything we might have missed. As a quick preview W grab and throw responsiveness and stun inconsistency/Q+E timing are two of the biggest points of focus.

As far as straight out buffs go we'll be looking at her performance with those useability changes and then assessing whether she needs additional buffs or not - we'd really like to avoid an overbuff situation as happened with Rengar for example.
Why such a quick response to fixing problems in the most recent champs kits? You've left other champions buried and dead for months at a time after they had a poor release (IE Sejuani) and it kind of sucks for people who play champs like her who just want a few small tweaks.

NA1

10-10-2012

Bump.

HeyLPG

10-10-2012

Quote:
We've got a bunch of useability improvements, responsiveness and consistency of spell performance in particular, just about to start internal testing at the moment, along with some bug fixes. I'm hoping to find some time sometime later this week to throw up a post outlining the sort of stuff we're looking at and gather feedback on anything we might have missed. As a quick preview W grab and throw responsiveness and stun inconsistency/Q+E timing are two of the biggest points of focus.

As far as straight out buffs go we'll be looking at her performance with those useability changes and then assessing whether she needs additional buffs or not - we'd really like to avoid an overbuff situation as happened with Rengar for example.

Wouldn't be a problem if you actually extensively tested the changes before making them go live. I mean really when these overbuffed or underpowered situations occur it's like you don't test them out at all. I feel like the extent of Riots new champion testing doesn't go outside of acquiring enough footage for a champion spotlight.

Duke Br0heimer

10-10-2012

Quote:
We've got a bunch of useability improvements, responsiveness and consistency of spell performance in particular,
Thank god, that's all I ever wanted for her.

Tempestphile

10-10-2012

@Meddler

Will it help if we try to send you some LOLreplay videos?
The last thing i want to hear is you guys working your butts off and actually cannot reproduce any of those bugs (not that i believe you can't)

Kaolla

10-10-2012

Quote:
an overbuff situation as happened with Rengar for example.
that wasn't an overbuff situation. that was you guys not looking and seeing that there were already people at high elo who had very good winrates with him pre-buff.

when that is the case it's very easy to see that it's people not knowing how to play the character yet which is why they aren't successful with him.

3xil3dTank

10-10-2012

I think they should change her passive don't like waiting till the skill is max level.