@Riot about Syndra's current state

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We've got a bunch of useability improvements, responsiveness and consistency of spell performance in particular, just about to start internal testing at the moment, along with some bug fixes. I'm hoping to find some time sometime later this week to throw up a post outlining the sort of stuff we're looking at and gather feedback on anything we might have missed. As a quick preview W grab and throw responsiveness and stun inconsistency/Q+E timing are two of the biggest points of focus.

As far as straight out buffs go we'll be looking at her performance with those useability changes and then assessing whether she needs additional buffs or not - we'd really like to avoid an overbuff situation as happened with Rengar for example.
Please also address how R can be easily interrupted and deal like 1 ball worth of damage, when it's not channelled

FistOf7Dragons

10-09-2012

w bugs with a large cooldown and mana cost is crippling
e is **** versus gapclosers since q has a huge delay'
her ult is easy to counter since there have been tons time people have been healed/sheilded mid ult like 6 orb ult and the last orb was going to hit but then shield..... ._. riot wtf should make targets being hit unshieldable

Tempestphile

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistOf7Dragons View Post
w bugs with a large cooldown and mana cost is crippling
e is **** versus gapclosers since q has a huge delay'
her ult is easy to counter since there have been tons time people have been healed/sheilded mid ult like 6 orb ult and the last orb was going to hit but then shield..... ._. riot wtf should make targets being hit unshieldable
you mean like first ball then shield, or first ball then you get knockedup

Svartfisk

10-09-2012

Her damage is fine now, and I fear QoL changes can bring her into OPness. That said, her skill synergy is extremely awkward outside of lane, mainly caused by the range differences.

Pannucci

10-09-2012

my opinion is her W grab is to slow a projectile, so easy to dodge atm

Pannucci

10-09-2012

that being said i will be happy when they buff her but I feel like anything other than making stun more reliable/ increasing projectile speed might be a little much, maybe increase ult range by 50 or so but not anymore

General Farsight

10-09-2012

Quote:
We've got a bunch of useability improvements, responsiveness and consistency of spell performance in particular, just about to start internal testing at the moment, along with some bug fixes. I'm hoping to find some time sometime later this week to throw up a post outlining the sort of stuff we're looking at and gather feedback on anything we might have missed. As a quick preview W grab and throw responsiveness and stun inconsistency/Q+E timing are two of the biggest points of focus.

As far as straight out buffs go we'll be looking at her performance with those useability changes and then assessing whether she needs additional buffs or not - we'd really like to avoid an overbuff situation as happened with Rengar for example.
I don't understand why this wasn't done in the first place. Her damage and mana costs always felt fine to me, even before the buffs. The problems on her were always, in my opinion, the fact her ultimate is interruptable in spite of not being channelled, her w being extremely clunky, and the weird interactions between her e and the spheres. I can't help but wonder why you guys decided to do number buffs before first checking this stuff...

Silent Reaper

10-09-2012

Quote:

Will there also be any buffs directed at her ultimate? As it is, it falls quite short compared to other ultimates with less damage AND/OR utility.
Ex: LB, Gragas, Katarina, Kennen, Karthus, Cassiopeia, Zyra.
When used efficiently in 95% of cases (5 orbs) it will deal at level 16, 900 damage with a 1 Ap ratio, however the fact it relies on having the orbs out gives her the inability to cast it "when needed" which in many cases, this simply does not happen. (Unless you decide to flash into the AD carry in an attempt to try to kill him which will most likely fail either way).
Having either the orb timer increased, or Ultimate base damage nerfed + Ap ratio boost would be a nice start for her. Also, her ultimate in many cases can't target anything except tanks in some cases! Thoughts?

Also, any thoughts on increasing the range of her Q by 50 units OR ever so slightly decreasing the delay on her Q?

One last thing, her ultimate at level 6, is kinda ridiculous, I wouldn't mind having it nerfed if it would help compensate for her ult late game.

Tempestphile

10-09-2012

I want to know the thought on increase her Q from 6sec to 6.5sec, so you don't have to itemize pass 35% everytime to have a reliable 7 orb setup (which is hard enough as it is)

NA1

10-09-2012

Quote:

So nothing that actually adds some actual synergy to her kit? No actual reason to place the orbs around? Nothing that makes orb placement and movement synergize, which her kit completely lacks now?

Wonderful.