@Riot about Syndra's current state

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Herman Melville

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We've got a bunch of useability improvements, responsiveness and consistency of spell performance in particular, just about to start internal testing at the moment, along with some bug fixes. I'm hoping to find some time sometime later this week to throw up a post outlining the sort of stuff we're looking at and gather feedback on anything we might have missed. As a quick preview W grab and throw responsiveness and stun inconsistency/Q+E timing are two of the biggest points of focus.

As far as straight out buffs go we'll be looking at her performance with those useability changes and then assessing whether she needs additional buffs or not - we'd really like to avoid an overbuff situation as happened with Rengar for example.
what about her god-awful passive that just makes her spells actually viable?

Killrazor

10-08-2012

Quote:

As far as straight out buffs go we'll be looking at her performance with those useability changes and then assessing whether she needs additional buffs or not - we'd really like to avoid an overbuff situation as happened with Rengar for example.
What about her ridiculously high mana costs? They need to be toned down.

But looking forward to the usability changes. She is by far my favorite AP.

Gidoru

10-08-2012

I would like to see her ultimate damage increased per Sphere, but limiting the damage to a maximum of 5 Spheres.

As it is her ultimate requires way too much set up to deal any real damage.

Dyr0nejk2

10-08-2012

Syndra requires way to much micro for so little return. Basically you have to spam q and w, then use ur e to stun or save it when someone jumps on u, and throw ur ult on a target. BUT WAIT, there's more you also have to simultaneously get in an absurdly short range to nuke someone, but you dont even instagibb them half the time and its not even instantaneous so in the time it takes for the balls to hit you will probably die...

tldr: little damage, no mobility/escape, slow burst, and little return

Samenko

10-08-2012

I love syndra currently But yeah, some usuability fixes to W could help (althought it does work alright smartcasted).

Samenko

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyronejk2 View Post
Syndra requires way to much micro for so little return. Basically you have to spam q and w, then use ur e to stun or save it when someone jumps on u, and throw ur ult on a target. BUT WAIT, there's more you also have to simultaneously get in an absurdly short range to nuke someone, but you dont even instagibb them half the time and its not even instantaneous so in the time it takes for the balls to hit you will probably die...

tldr: little damage, no mobility/escape, slow burst, and little return
I think it's high skill/high reward actually. With max cdr she is ridiculously fun to play. There are no CD's to wait for, it's spam spam spam. Smartcasting Q lets you kite very well.. although you have to hope creeps are around to slow.

You have to think 3 steps ahead with her and I really like that.

An Upset Zombie

10-08-2012

I fear that "usability" changes will overbuff her, like he said, the same thing happened to Rengar.

Block

10-08-2012

Quote:
We've got a bunch of useability improvements, responsiveness and consistency of spell performance in particular, just about to start internal testing at the moment, along with some bug fixes. I'm hoping to find some time sometime later this week to throw up a post outlining the sort of stuff we're looking at and gather feedback on anything we might have missed. As a quick preview W grab and throw responsiveness and stun inconsistency/Q+E timing are two of the biggest points of focus.

Thank you, I feel that her dmg is ok, nothing too special, but then again, you can't ask too much of a hero with a good aoe slow and a stun. The biggest issue I have with her is, as you said, the lag indicator of her W. I sometimes go from getting double kills in fights to just dieing because I would sit there like a turd with my W ready to go. Fixing that would be really swell.

Apollinarius

10-09-2012

Rather than just type out the whole thing, here is my in-depth review of Syndra's problems.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2644037

TL;DR
Syndra relies on her orbs for everything. Because of the high mana cost at later ranks and the long spawn delay from cast until orb appears, Syndra's reliance on orbs makes her very weak in a lot of situations. You need to always have at least one available. With the huge mana cost, cast time and cast delay as well as the short life of orbs, this isn't really an option.

fightmander

10-09-2012

to start with Syndra is the 1st champ or the 1st item ever that i really wanted to return. so i did. y?

as an ap mid player i find it extremely useless. cuz i cant burst anyone. for instance the other mid is going to gank another line or i find someone in our jungle and try to counter i just can't, i need to throw a Q then stun then go get that q to use w and then press it again to send it ZZZZZZ, while the other ap carry already bursted me with all their spells and i still need more time to ult. FAIL FAIL FAIL everywhere

tl;dr. :

q = good
w = uber bad.
e= useless;short range.
r= low dmg

overall useless