Idea to improve behavior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

r1c0

07-27-2014

So lately I've been encountering a lot of toxic players. The tribunal works to some extent, but I think the honor system currently being used could be improved.

Riot doesn't seem to be interested in implementing harsher punishments that would truly deter negative behavior, so I thought maybe we could take the opposite approach and try to provide a greater incentive to be a positive player.

Here are my thoughts.

-Each season, Riot creates a new skin for each crest or ribbon. (Riot would choose the champion)

-Upon being awarded the crest/ribbon, you will unlock the skin that corresponds to that particular crest/ribbon.

-If you lose your crest/ribbon, you lose the skin that goes with it (this prevents someone from changing their behavior once they are awarded the skin)

-At the end of the season, you will permanently unlock any skins you've earned through the honor initiative.

-Riot creates new skins for the next season. Repeat.

-These skins will only be available through the honor initiative. They will not be for sale in the store.

Here are a couple of stipulations that would help to prevent any abuse of the system.

- You cannot give honor to anybody you queue with. If you play as a full group of 5, any honor must come from the opposing team.

- Just like the current system, the amount of honor each player is allowed to give out corresponds with how many games they play. If you are selling honor or giving it to everyone, there is a good chance you will run out. If you are only giving it to people who truly deserve it, you shouldn't ever run out.

I think this system would create more of an incentive for players to improve their behavior. There will always be toxic players no matter what system is in place, but I feel like a bonus such as this would be a great way to improve teamwork and attitude. This would come at very little cost to Riot as well.

Some minor tweaks might be necessary, but thoughts?

r1c0

07-27-2014

bump

Sforces

07-27-2014

you know how much MORE work riot would have to do?

I love the idea. I just don't think its doable considering their workload and how fast they actually churn out skins

r1c0

07-27-2014

It would be like 4 skins. Per season. I understand they are busy, but come on, that's barely anything.

r1c0

07-28-2014

bump, would like more opinions/thoughts

r1c0

07-28-2014

I'm actually going to be pitching this to a Riot team member on my friends list. He's not sure anything will come out of it, but he said he is willing to pass it along. I want to think of the pros/cons as much as possible before I do so.

SvelteRunnings

07-28-2014

Heres a reallly simple idea.. that riot could have done ages ago, but refuses becuase honestly if they cared they would have .. if a player is regularly trolling ranked games by afk, or feeding.. and gets regularly reported.. remove their ranked privileges.. please note i say Ranked privilges.. ranked should be for the person trying to rank up.. .. really riot why do nothing? the tribunal simply does Not work..
give me toxic all day long. but really.. the afk trollls and intenionally feeding trolls.. it has ruined this land..

r1c0

07-28-2014

I agree that an overwhelming percentage of the population is toxic or ruin games by going afk. I think this could be improved. Whether it is removing ranked privileges or implementing harsher punishments for offenders, I'm all for it. Unfortunately, I think Riot is currently satisfied with the Tribunal.

That being said, I think player incentives such as the honor initiative are good ways to promote teamwork and overall good behavior. The only problem I see is that the current honor system has no tangible rewards. Ooo you get a crest/ribbon on your loading screen? Big deal, nobody cares about that. Give us an actual reward for being a good summoner. Limited skins, summoner icons, etc. Something we can 'redeem' or 'earn' by accumulating honor.

MarhsallLee67

07-28-2014

I honestly can only remember seeing two ribbons in the past few months. The ribbons/crests are had to get if you aren't getting honor practically every other game you play.

SvelteRunnings

07-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvelteRunnings View Post
Heres a reallly simple idea.. that riot could have done ages ago, but refuses becuase honestly if they cared they would have .. if a player is regularly trolling ranked games by afk, or feeding.. and gets regularly reported.. remove their ranked privileges.. please note i say Ranked privilges.. ranked should be for the person trying to rank up.. .. really riot why do nothing? the tribunal simply does Not work..
give me toxic all day long. but really.. the afk trollls and intenionally feeding trolls.. it has ruined this land..
Ok, let me say i agree with you that the tribunal has helped, to improve behavior on people that are just having a bad day, and can be improved), sadly, there are some people that now seem to log on for the sole purpose of trolling. with afks and intentional feeding.. I have gotten trolled in over 70% of my ranked games for the last 5 days. riot this is a problem.. and i dont even want to play anymore, because where is the fun in gettingg trolled for 3 hours. the games are 40 minutes long, and you go and roll the dice again only to either get the same troller in the next ranked game, who does it again ( i have honestly had this happen 3 times in the last 5 days), or you get a new one... i am not exaggerating.. so my litmus test for a successful tribunal is it removes these people too, but with this severe a problem, some thing is not right, and , and i dont enjoy playing anymore.. what is the solution???