Why is Twisted Treeline So Bad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElvenGirl HD

10-08-2012

I played it and it was boring. i actually did really well though but of course i was on my friends account and he has alot of better champions then me. i went 21 kills and 1 death playing jax, and it was a game against other players so i dont know why i did so well, because my only other not bot game i did good was in summoners rift playing teemo and i went 16 kills and 3 deaths but that was because the enemy who went top kept feeding me because he was really new and it was a tarric so i just waited by my turret and tricked him into getting hit by it while i auto atacked him but when i went mid after like a 11 kill streak i died and coudlnt pick up as much as i was before but we still won. after we won, however, i was yelled at for "hacking"... which is the same as when i played on twisted treeline becuase appaerently "jax cant take that many hits from a yi ult and live" which is stupid cus i killed him alot because his was building items like manamune and that sword that gives ap and tenacity plus a black cleaver, and i built alot of itmes like thormail and guardian angel so in the end, my armor resisted 79% of damage. yet my team was raging saying "jax go top u dumb **** u ****ing ****** dont u know how to play tt" In the end, i hate twisted treeline. Is there any good side to that mode?

SinfulKagemusha

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenGirl HD View Post
I played it and it was boring. i actually did really well though but of course i was on my friends account and he has alot of better champions then me. i went 21 kills and 1 death playing jax, and it was a game against other players so i dont know why i did so well, because my only other not bot game i did good was in summoners rift playing teemo and i went 16 kills and 3 deaths but that was because the enemy who went top kept feeding me because he was really new and it was a tarric so i just waited by my turret and tricked him into getting hit by it while i auto atacked him but when i went mid after like a 11 kill streak i died and coudlnt pick up as much as i was before but we still won. after we won, however, i was yelled at for "hacking"... which is the same as when i played on twisted treeline becuase appaerently "jax cant take that many hits from a yi ult and live" which is stupid cus i killed him alot because his was building items like manamune and that sword that gives ap and tenacity plus a black cleaver, and i built alot of itmes like thormail and guardian angel so in the end, my armor resisted 79% of damage. yet my team was raging saying "jax go top u dumb **** u ****ing ****** dont u know how to play tt" In the end, i hate twisted treeline. Is there any good side to that mode?
According to what I saw, it's just an example of league's *wonderful* community. There's nothing really wrong with TT, and it sounds like you are pretty good with it - just your team mates were being ******s.

ElvenGirl HD

10-08-2012

Though whats funny about that is ive never had anyone who was that bad, and the only negetive side to the community ive seen so far was a different person playing master yi threatening to report me for staying out of a teamfight, when im playing teemo other than that ive never had a problem

Xtrordinari

10-08-2012

Yeah it just sounds like you had a bad TT experience. I used TT to level up, because it was easier to win (IMO), had shorter games, and had less things for me to keep track of with the smaller map. I'd say you'll find more trolly people in TT because that's been my experience, but as to why that is I don't really know.

Creepy4

10-09-2012

Not sure if there's any punctuation in that original post... O_o

Based on your story however, it sounds like the problem was the people you were playing with rather than the map itself.

Worse Than U

10-09-2012

Seems like it's just the people you were paired with that were bad.

I used to play Twisted Treeline with my cousin and over 80% of the time we'd get a troll teamate, as Xtrordinari said, or one that was not cooperative at all and raged.

But I did have a few games where my team was really cooperative and had no raging/complaining/trolling.

I find it better to play with a full team than with randoms in that gametype.

OliverTuddrussel

10-09-2012

Uh, No Twisted Treeline isn't a good map. I mainly play 5v5s, but believe me, TT isn't a good map xD

It is horribly unbalanced, and only really champions that either snowball, or are just OP do well in it.

I hate to say it, but play 5v5s. That's where the true fun is in LoL. (In my opinion.)

TT is a forgotten map.

Draikk

10-10-2012

The main reason TT is so unpopular is that 3v3 is not balanced. There are some champions that clearly dominate in this mode and seeing as it is not the main game, Riot can't balance TT without upsetting the rest of the game.

That and, at least in my experience, the community of TT is even worse than otherwise

ScarlettSarcasm

10-10-2012

I think TT definitely has its place. It shouldn't generally be your main map, like people have pointed out. But it can be a lot of fun every now and then. And you can still pick up many of the skills you need for league. The computer I had when I started league couldn't handle Summoner's Rift so I played about fifteen levels of TT and had just as much fun as I have now with SR.