How do you use Katarina?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

10-12-2012

So, I played her before her patch- I never played after the patch and I'm trying to learn her again.

What are her skill sequence now?
Is she still a viable mid?
Does she have any HARD counter?
Is building spell vamp still her build?
Any tips on using her?

Duhizy

10-12-2012

imo skill sequence is R>Q>W>E, shes actually more viable mid now and is very popular in solo q, here hard counters are still people that can stop her ult but if you build dfg the qwe combo does a rediculious amount of damage. Gunblade is no longer ideal, id say that a promising build is kages pick into 1 of abyssal/hourglass/deathcap then finishing dfg into either the rest of those three or viod staff at anytime, seems to be the popular build these days. Max Q and throw them at enemy on cooldown while farming with autos and W, eventually you can zone them out if they have no sustain; if they have sustain i max W and farm as best as possible. If your enemy mid is squishy or a lane you plan to gank is really squishy then rushing a DFG first item will allow you to 1 shot someone with ignite even without ult.

PracticalPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Katarina is a lot more fast-paced and a little bit less reliant on her ult.

Her Bouncing Blade does the most damage out of all her skills, especially if you proc the mark, and it's also her only ranged ability. You'll want to level this up first.
Sinister Steel, her new W, does the second most damage and gives you some movespeed. This is a great setup for your ult. Max this second.
Shunpo now does puny damage and the damage reduction doesn't scale with level. Still, it's your only closer, so get a point in it then leave it for last.

Katarina is still a viable pick for mid, but she has a mildly difficult time with almost anyone. Bouncing Blade into Shunpo and Sinister Steel will do alot of damage and the damage reduction and movespeed will let you back off. Try to attack when their abilities are on CD, or prepare for punishment. Otherwise, use BB to last hit (it'll usually hit your opponent anyway )

Counters to Kat are the same, she's still vulnerable to CC, but she gets shut down alot less.

Spell vamp is still a good onn Katarina, not as good as before, but she's alot more consistent now. I go with Gunblade, because it gives me a slow that I can use to keep people in my ult.

This is my only tip: You are, first and foremost, the cleanup crew. Go in and do some damage if possible, but you want to stay alive until the enemies get low or they threw out all their skills. Then go crazy.