Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My video card does not support Pixel Shader 2.0, Shader Model 2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HiTsUgAy4

10-08-2012

Hello everybody, I'm having a problem with my video card and I can't play the game.
I used this patch: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=611025 and it worked until I went in a game and says that I can't play because I don't have Shader Model 2.0...
I want to know if there is a patch to play without having this thing.

Mr Sexy Pants

10-09-2012

I highly doubt it. Shader 2.0 graphics cards are very very cheap these days. You should probably just upgrade your video card. If your PC was made in the last 6-7 years you should have a PCI express slot for your card. A GeForce 8400 card runs about $30 and that should be good enough to run league without much trouble.

Solaris17

Recruiter

10-09-2012

no patch but if their was a game patch or you did a repair/reinstall the files are going to be in a diffirent folder. as of this time stamp you need to put those files in

X:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher\releases\0.0.0.97\deploy

where X is your drive. What this patch does is translate the directX 9 shader calls into directX 8 calls it wont look as pretty and it may be a bit glitchy but it works.

eXoDoZeR

01-03-2013

Quote:
Solaris17:
no patch but if their was a game patch or you did a repair/reinstall the files are going to be in a diffirent folder. as of this time stamp you need to put those files in

X:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher\releases\0.0.0.97\deploy

where X is your drive. What this patch does is translate the directX 9 shader calls into directX 8 calls it wont look as pretty and it may be a bit glitchy but it works.

how would i go about doing this? what files need to be put in the area you specified?
i just downloaded the game for the first time since i got this computer i use to play a while ago. but when i dounloaded it and ran lol i got the unsupported hardware "graphics card does not support pixel shader 2.0"

if you could post a reply with a walkthrough on what to do to fix this it would be much appreciative! until than it looks like imma be playing Guardians of Middle-Earth.
please and thank you(: Happy Ganking everyone!!