Inappropriate Name.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rondevous

Junior Member

01-18-2013

Recently, I have been banned for several games adding up to a suspension. Among those were, I will admit, cursing, and refusal to aid my team. However, next to these obvious reasons, there was a 5th added in.

You can see for yourself here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6139953/

My name is Rondevous. Would someone please explain to me how that is inappropriate? Or is related to me getting banned?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

Member

01-18-2013

Zyra [00:25:18] the **** are you doing
Zyra [00:25:18] ww
Zyra [00:25:27] idiot

Janna [00:08:51] I really dont understand how you people do so bad at killing things
Janna [00:10:11] idiot ez
Janna [00:10:35] **** you

Zyra [00:04:09] idiot
Zyra [00:04:10] come back
Zyra [00:04:21] you're stupid
Zyra [00:08:22] you're a ****tard
Zyra [00:08:23] and muted
Zyra [00:13:41] ****ty kass too

Akali [00:28:41] its funny because you're still a f*ggot

Zed [00:10:36] i ****ing hate you, you're so bad
Zed [00:10:08] ****ing late as ****
Zed [00:10:09] xin



The reason for the report becomes irrelevant once you enter the Tribunal.
It is meant to be a guideline for the community when judging your case.
In this case, it was not necessary , as you are very clearly toxic.
You violate the summoner code over and over, expect to be punished for your violations.

I was suspended for much, MUCH less.
INB4 "Just because you didn't violate the summoner code doesn't mean you are not guilty of violating the summoner code!!!"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rondevous

Junior Member

01-18-2013

I think you're denying the underlying fact that in a judicial system, you must first name the offense, then judge the offense. The system is flawed if you can be judged and convicted on an offense outside that of which you were accused.

And I am not arguing that the other 4 games were bad. The fact that what I stated above occurred is what makes me worry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

Member

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondevous View Post
I think you're denying the underlying fact that in a judicial system, you must first name the offense, then judge the offense. The system is flawed if you can be judged and convicted on an offense outside that of which you were accused.
No no no no no no.
You are sorely mistaken sir.
Just because you are sent to the tribunal for a specific offense, does not mean you are free to violate every other rule established by the company. The rules apply at all times, regardless of what other players have reported you for. This should go without saying.

You violated the summoner code.
You are paying for your violation.
The law is set in blood, it's as simple as that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sporq

Senior Member

01-18-2013

It's right there in the Tribunal Guidelines. Here, I'll go ahead and bold the relevant text for you.

Quote:
10. Focus on the reported player and Understand the system

Sometimes a player who is reported isn't the worst offender in the case/chatlog. Remember who is being accused before passing judgment on the case. If the reported player is bad, but not the worst, they should still be punished. If they don't deserve punishment but there was another offender in the case, don't punish the accused player. If the player doesn't deserve punishment for the reported reason ( i.e. "excessive time spent idle"), but they still had an offensive name or used abusive language, they might still be subject to punishment. Remember that "punish" constitutes your verdict that the reported player’s actions were outside the scope of positive, competitive gameplay – it does not represent your request to have Riot Games evaluate that report, or every player in it, as a whole. Based on your determination, Riot Games will only be taking action, if any, against the particular reported player.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alanja

Senior Member

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
No no no no no no.
You are sorely mistaken sir.
Just because you are sent to the tribunal for a specific offense, does not mean you are free to violate every other rule established by the company. The rules apply at all times, regardless of what other players have reported you for. This should go without saying.

You violated the summoner code.
You are paying for your violation.
The law is set in blood, it's as simple as that.

What he said...

Even though I would phrase it differently

The Tribunal is asked to punish for anything that goes against the code when they find it in the case, regardless of it matching what they have been reported for.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rondevous

Junior Member

01-18-2013

It should not go without saying, since it is, like I said, flawed. And your logic is also flawed.

And the fact that you are concentrating on the rest of the case, instead of the issue I am looking for a reasonable answer to, is quite sad. I have already accepted the rest of it.

And indeed, I would have voted to ban you in your case as well, so I guess that makes us even, You think you're better than me, because you can make a game a living hell without cursing? I think it takes a special kind of god complex to think you've not done exactly what I have.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rondevous

Junior Member

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporq View Post
It's right there in the Tribunal Guidelines. Here, I'll go ahead and bold the relevant text for you.
I thank you for being more intelligent than the other fellow. I could not find anything related to it. I still think it's quite an underhanded way to go about the business of judging a case, especially when there was but one report for the game, and it was for something ridiculous.

I think I've about had it with trying to play this by the community's rules. This is by far the most spiteful, disturbingly sensitive community for any game I've played.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sporq

Senior Member

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondevous View Post
I thank you for being more intelligent than the other fellow. I could not find anything related to it. I still think it's quite an underhanded way to go about the business of judging a case, especially when there was but one report for the game, and it was for something ridiculous.

I think I've about had it with trying to play this by the community's rules. This is by far the most spiteful, disturbingly sensitive community for any game I've played.
My guess behind the reasoning is that some people don't pay attention to (or care much about) the reason they're reporting, just that they feel a report is necessary. So regardless of what the report was for, there was a report nonetheless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rondevous

Junior Member

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporq View Post
My guess behind the reasoning is that some people don't pay attention to (or care much about) the reason they're reporting, just that they feel a report is necessary. So regardless of what the report was for, there was a report nonetheless.
Just another reason to dislike the system. I think I may play SMITE more. They seem to be quite happy to lose, so long as they have fun.