Just got to Plat playing ONLY SHACO AMA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EbonyJim

10-09-2012

Madking is seriously the greatest baron stealer I've ever seen. Congrats again bud :P

Lolomon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Ur support shaco with smite exhaust sucks dude.

EbonyJim

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolomon View Post
Ur support shaco with smite exhaust sucks dude.
Dude. You were on our team and he carried your ass hard at top and you didn't say ****. Don't only complain when people force him to support now and then <3

MadKingThorn

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastan View Post
This will be fun..lol good luck!
Womp womp wish I got jungle My udyr was lackluster. If he focused on the game and less with trolling me we could have had a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoull View Post
Keep talking! Sharing this knowledge and inspiring folks to play an (imo) underplayed champ is awesome! It can only add to the collective awesome that you're now a part of. =)

I'm in the same boat as you mentioned before, though, with having had shaco for a while and never really doing well with him. I don't play him ranked for that reason (I barely play ranked at all, really).

Any tips to approach, and then kick the **** outta that tipping point? Thus far I'm seeing: practice your sneaky sneeks... don't blow E till you need to... and make your team FEEL THE LOVE.

In any case, thanks for this. I've learned a lot already and can't wait for the rest!
Play him like a really frail assassin. Use your deceive to waste your enemies time (as in if you deceive in a team fight and they dont have oracles use max stealth duration if they are waiting for you to pop out). He was a champ I needed a lot of practice with before I got pretty good with him, so just make sure you don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word Problem View Post
Hey bud,

It's good to see someone else who's as enthusiastic about Shaco. He is literally the only champion I play.
Tell me what you think about my setup right here.

1) Runes; a page with Yellow + Blue AS, AD reds, 3 MS quints
or
6% lifesteal, Armor Yellows, Blue MRs, Red Flat AD

2) I max out movement speed mastery in the utility tree, 21/0/9

3) Builds:
Hard AD: Wriggle > Mobs > IE > Triforce > 2x Phantoms
Utility: Wriggle > Zerks > Bloodrazor > Malady > Wit's > BCleaver
MR Bruiser: Wriggles > Mercs > Hex > Wit's > Maw > Triforce > GA

4) Starting Items and jungle route.
1 Longsword + Soda,
Blue, box stack starts at 1:00 at Golem's 7 o Clock
Decieve to enemy red over Dragon/Baron wall, Stack 2 boxes in bush, smite red, decieve + backstab.
Run into Bush at Lizard's 6 o clock
** (Stand one pixel outside of bush, you'll be able to see the little wraith to see if it's attacking the enemy jungler while still being considered ''In bush'')
Decieve in, drop box over wall in case of a flash, backstab (once I start getting really damaged, exhaust)
Firstblood.

Tell me what you think of this playstyle.
Criticism is appreciated.
I am not that big of a fan of lifesteal runes. They are okay, but they take away from damage in some way shape or form. Flat AD, or Attack speed, or even movement speed are more useful than lifesteal. Your first runepage is okay for a full offensive set up, but in my own opinion you are exposing yourself to be WAY too squishy (those jungle mobs have to hurt with no armor :P).

In your mastery tree 21-0-9 is what I run as well, but I like my points in the flat mana regen spot. The movespeed is very good -- but when you start giving blue buff to your AP mid you will run into mana issues very quickly. The mana mastery helps that out a lot.

Build wise your first one leaves you way to squishy. 1 burst combo and you are dead likewise 3-4 attacks from an AD Carry and you'll suffer the same fate. Additionally, you probably wont ever get nearly enough gold to finish all of those items. Too expensive and leaves you too vulnerable considering you need to get to the carry first (how can you do that if you are being killed too easily ). I always use boots of mobilities regardless of what the situation is too, when I jungle. They are just so good to assist you in your ganks and sneaking around. I dont really ever build madreds blood razor or malady. Very occasionally I will build Wits End in addition to my Hex Drinker if their AP top/mid are doing extremely well. Other than that your MR Bruiser page is good -- but again preferably for me I like mobility boots.

I start boots + 3 pots every time. Movespeed is too good on shaco. Your jungle route is pretty good too, but I always incorporate doing the wolves. 1 box at wolves at 1:45~47 ish.3 boxes go to blue next. You will 100% need help from mid/top/bot to kill the wolves and get to the blue before it spawns but it is worth it as it will help you get to 3 when you kill the lizard and 1 small minion at the enemy red. Other than that don't always do the same jungle pattern -- if they have a really strong jungler you should not want to invade it might end very poorly and you will lose double buffs (which is not worth it).

Overall you seem to have the right general idea!

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadKingThorn View Post
Nah I don't feel bad :P. There are bans, and you can use them on picks that you don't like. If Shaco is one, use it. If not don't complain you are banning 3 other things that irritate you just as much if not more haha. Otherwise, I do understand what you are saying because I am guilty of camping a lane and making their life miserable (kill them at level 2 then kill them again right after they return without flash if they burned it). It stinks to be camped by such a deceptive clown, but all plays are fair game =].
Incidentally, I ban Shaco every game that I'm first pick. I can beat 'OP' champions; just need to play better. I can't beat my team ragequitting (myself included) because of that freaking clown.

bizoiador

10-09-2012

I would like to know how you behave in teamfights where the enemy have oracles on their tank/bruiser (or any champ hard to kill). Whenever I play Shaco and they have oracles, I jump in, do some damage, and die almost instantly 2 seconds thereafter. Thanks a lot and congratulations for your achievement!

Nave222

10-09-2012

My main issue when playing as shaco is that I feel like i fall off way too hard in late game and as a result do not contribute much damage to the team

how can I resolve this problem?

I also feel uber squish, maybe thats just how he is, as i am not used to him yet

advice?

Fairy Fay

10-09-2012

what if shaco got picked or banned?

totaldominasian

10-09-2012

You keep mentioning 1 box at either wolves or wraiths at 1:47ish... then 3 boxes at buffs. I'm confused. Wolves/wraiths spawn at 1:40 while buffs spawn at 1:55. Do you just slowly keep placing boxes in brush, then aggroing the buffs into the boxed brush? Seems... slow.

Man of God2

10-09-2012

So it looks like we generally build shaco the same way, however I do something different.

Before building into trinity force meaning boots of mobility and wriggles I get a brutilizer for CD and the early game armor pen. Would you say this is bad? Should I just not get it and continue toward Trinity force