Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just got to Plat playing ONLY SHACO AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dremptz

10-09-2012

i have a couple questions why don't you run 1 seal as AD to get to +16 to start from runes. Also when i play Shaco it seems that people on the other team seem to be wary and that my team will in fact be the team pushing how do you get around this?

Alastan

10-09-2012

I'm playing a ranked game with you now. WILL YOU CARRY ME?! D:

loljk scumbag Summoner 4 dodged..

The Beekeeper

10-09-2012

Quote:
Phreak:

Do you only jungle?

Do you get Tri-Force?

MurderX

10-09-2012

How do you feel while backdooring the enemy team?. Do you like to make the games boring?

MadKingThorn

10-09-2012

Quote:
dremptz:
i have a couple questions why don't you run 1 seal as AD to get to +16 to start from runes. Also when i play Shaco it seems that people on the other team seem to be wary and that my team will in fact be the team pushing how do you get around this?

+15 vs +16 not that much difference, I like the armor. 1 seal either way won't make a giant change anyway haha. And most of the time there is always 1 lane that has a gank opportunity. Even if you waste a flash -- MISSION SUCCESSFUL.

Quote:
Alastan:
I'm playing a ranked game with you now. WILL YOU CARRY ME?! D:

loljk scumbag Summoner 4 dodged..

I know! Now I can't jungle

Alastan

10-09-2012

This will be fun..lol good luck!

Raoull

10-09-2012

Keep talking! Sharing this knowledge and inspiring folks to play an (imo) underplayed champ is awesome! It can only add to the collective awesome that you're now a part of. =)

I'm in the same boat as you mentioned before, though, with having had shaco for a while and never really doing well with him. I don't play him ranked for that reason (I barely play ranked at all, really).

Any tips to approach, and then kick the **** outta that tipping point? Thus far I'm seeing: practice your sneaky sneeks... don't blow E till you need to... and make your team FEEL THE LOVE.

In any case, thanks for this. I've learned a lot already and can't wait for the rest!

VVHY S0 SERI0US

10-09-2012

Hey bud,

It's good to see someone else who's as enthusiastic about Shaco. He is literally the only champion I play.
Tell me what you think about my setup right here.

1) Runes; a page with Yellow + Blue AS, AD reds, 3 MS quints
or
6% lifesteal, Armor Yellows, Blue MRs, Red Flat AD

2) I max out movement speed mastery in the utility tree, 21/0/9

3) Builds:
Hard AD: Wriggle > Mobs > IE > Triforce > 2x Phantoms
Utility: Wriggle > Zerks > Bloodrazor > Malady > Wit's > BCleaver
MR Bruiser: Wriggles > Mercs > Hex > Wit's > Maw > Triforce > GA

4) Starting Items and jungle route.
1 Longsword + Soda,
Blue, box stack starts at 1:00 at Golem's 7 o Clock
Decieve to enemy red over Dragon/Baron wall, Stack 2 boxes in bush, smite red, decieve + backstab.
Run into Bush at Lizard's 6 o clock
** (Stand one pixel outside of bush, you'll be able to see the little wraith to see if it's attacking the enemy jungler while still being considered ''In bush'')
Decieve in, drop box over wall in case of a flash, backstab (once I start getting really damaged, exhaust)
Firstblood.

Tell me what you think of this playstyle.
Criticism is appreciated.

EffortlessAction

10-09-2012

Quote:
MadKingThorn:

As for his ultimate, I always get it at 6,11,16. Your clone gets better damage reduction, % of your damage, and the blowup damage. I don't really see why you wouldn't want to level it more.

Probably because I played lane AP shaco. Level 1 FB at bottom brush every game too strong.

EffortlessAction

10-09-2012

Let's talk about your play-style. When you go to gank a lane, do you do a lot of lane ganks? Q into the brush and gank from behind? Or do you try to save Q for someone who may get away? Do you E right as you gank, or save it for a ranged slow? Do you Q in and throw a box down? When do you use boxes? How do you place them to make the most out of them? What is your skill order in the jungle?

Also, again, I play the tankyer champions in the jungle, ones who should be giving kills, not taking them. Is Shaco different, in that he wants kills just as much as the lane?