Just got to Plat playing ONLY SHACO AMA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Master

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surisis View Post
do you enjoy pretending you are not a smurf?
Don't think anyone is pretending. It's pretty obvious from the Lolking page.

It's just impressive to be able to climb the ladder like that in solo queue, since even a single ally on your team underperforming/feeding means a 100% guaranteed loss every time.

Susskind

10-08-2012

One of the only AMA's I've actually been impressed by

totaldominasian

10-08-2012

I always seem to get screwed by shaco when I place 2 boxes at wraiths, and then 2 boxes at red buff. The enemy team just pops the 2 boxes by wraiths and forces me out of red buff and I'm too oom/low to finish Blue AND steal their red.

How often do you start Blue first? Do you usually finish both your buffs before ganking?

aahdin

10-08-2012

Can you run me through a typical gank? Like what do you start with, do you put down boxes before initiating, etc.

Darthhelmet2193

10-09-2012

I play Shaco a fair bit, but I've found I have difficulty against certain junglers. Mainly Udyr, and to a lesser extent Skarner and Lee Sin. Lee Sin's revealing property and ability to stick on people is annoying, which makes it difficult to safely counter-jungle him. This is avoidable though, by just not counter-jungling and only ganking lanes.

But what do you do in games against Udyr. He seems next to impossible for Shaco to kill 1v1 in the jungle. He has great mobility and is able to counter-gank extremely well. He can basically prevent shaco from ganking, and has a good late-game. The same is true to a lesser extent for skarner.

What do you do in games against these champs, or do you even worry about them?

Skrapt

10-09-2012

What if any changes do you think Shaco needs to be seen in competitive play?

As a plat player who loves shaco myself, I'm curious what your opinion is.

MrKlinger29

10-09-2012

Do you camp mid or camp top

tempnameA461

10-09-2012

Reported for refusing to pick according to team needs.

Zielmann

10-09-2012

How long until diamond?

MadKingThorn

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug The Sorcerer View Post
How do you sleep enough?
I set my alarm for 8 hours. Sleep problem solved :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligan View Post
How did you manage to hack the matchmaking system to not match you with any feeders/incompetent players/trolls?

Also, which skin do you use, and what do you think of the Royal Shaco skin?
Uh stay positive at lower ELO's (1200-1500~). Literally bombard your team with positive energy if they are feeding/doing bad and if someone is trolling try to avoid saying anything to make them troll more.

Past that -- if you have feeders you need to help them stop feeding or create a beneficial situation in your other two lanes. Additionally MAKE SURE to force every Dragon at this ELO. Most of the time you can get away with doing dragon solo with a vision ward (half the time they wont even half dragon warded).

I am using Asylum Shaco on this account and Nutcrako (My favorite) on my main. Royal shaco is okay, but I prefer the nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgerbs View Post
How do you deal with the new fear bug that causes jungle camps to reset?
This doesn't really affect me to be honest, on some occasions the camp resets slightly (they get back about 100 health) which is only an auto attack or two more. Its not that much of a pain in the arse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouquet2 View Post
do people still fall for the clone baits in plat? i love shaco and do well with him most of them time but i was under the impression that the higher you got people stopped falling for his tricks and became much harder to use well
Sometimes I will have people attacking the wrong clone still. Without any buffs and noticeable give aways a decently-low health Shaco + Clone will be hard to distinguish. Usually I will also move the clone around more than myself just so it seems like I am the clone (so they kill it more than me) until they realize it is taking a lot more damage (hopefully by this point it already blew up in their face :P).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughMyronbrough View Post
Why would you play Shaco over someone like Jungle Jarvan, who ganks hard and still offers utility later?
Shaco can solo dragon relatively quickly, which Jarvan can't. His damage is also higher than jarvan and he's more slippery. Difference in play style, I suppose it would be possible to get to platinum with Jungle Jarvan -- but I would get really bored since I find him to not be the most entertaining champion haha.