Just got to Plat playing ONLY SHACO AMA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whouthink

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Dude's not kidding.

42-16 with literally just Shaco in Solo/Duo

Question: What build(s) do you typically use? What adaptations do you make based on:

1. Opponent team comp
2. Allied team comp
3. Good/bad start

Do you only jungle?
The only thing Phreak is really concerned about

BRAVEYpl0x

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whouthink View Post
The only thing Phreak is really concerned about
lol. U should at least answer him while making fun of him :P

MadKingThorn

10-08-2012

Quote:
Dude's not kidding.

Question: What build(s) do you typically use? What adaptations do you make based on:

1. Opponent team comp
2. Allied team comp
3. Good/bad start

Do you only jungle?
My 3 different build routes look something like this:

100% of the time I do: Wriggles + Boots of mobility as my first 2 items.
^If I need to gank more and have a stronger lane presence I will rush my boots (I start boots + 3 pots at level 1) before I even get my madreds. If I don't need to have as much lane presence I'll try to get the razor before the boots of mobility and finish the wriggles after.

After those items are complete (you can dragon with just level 6 + madreds + vision ward), if I am doing very well I will go Phage --> Trinity force. If I am doing OKAY and my team needs more beef; I will try to go Aegis of Legion. If they have an AP top and Middle I will do Hex drinker.

After I determine which path I am going (either rush Triforce right away, or deviate to hex drinker / Aegis) I will then start building my Trinity force.

After those items are done, Guardian angel is the next follow up.

I do buy a lot of wards, vision included since Oracles are very risky.

I try to only jungle (Jungle please<-- At the start of every game :P) -- I played probably 50 out of those 58 games in the jungle. The rest were support shaco. He can top / mid fine with AP build -- but the boxes being changed doesn't allow for "nesting" to be as viable. The alternative lane positions are also a bit more gimmicky.

Doublechris

10-08-2012

How do you sleep enough?

Shadow Master

10-08-2012

How did you manage to hack the matchmaking system to not match you with any feeders/incompetent players/trolls?

Also, which skin do you use, and what do you think of the Royal Shaco skin?

msgerbs

10-08-2012

How do you deal with the new fear bug that causes jungle camps to reset?

MadKingThorn

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuzaki xD View Post
Posting under Tons of Damage!

also how often did you focus on counter jungling?
Did you have any occasions of being counter jungled by the enemy?
I focus on counter jungling mostly at the start of the game. If they have a weaker early game jungler such as amumu or nocturne for example I will do red first then my own blue then deceive over baron/dragon to their red and try and flank them while they are there. Most of the time you can get an early first blood since you are level 3, then steal their red buff. Counter jungling beyond that would be if I see them on the opposite side of the map from their blue / red 30~ seconds before it will spawn I will throw a box or 2 down then steal it right as it spawns.

There are frequent occasions where the enemies invade (mostly my red). Normally if I feel a large threat (if they have taric, morgana, and lux level 1 for example) I will just start blue to play it safe -- and throw a jack in the box near the river bushes. This completely keeps me safe -- and I can easily steal their red before their jungler catches me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunxor View Post
Do you ever feel bad about playing such an annoying champ? I don't think I've ever played against shaco, especially mid, and not raged my ass off. Nothing to do with you as a person, just wondering
Nah I don't feel bad :P. There are bans, and you can use them on picks that you don't like. If Shaco is one, use it. If not don't complain you are banning 3 other things that irritate you just as much if not more haha. Otherwise, I do understand what you are saying because I am guilty of camping a lane and making their life miserable (kill them at level 2 then kill them again right after they return without flash if they burned it). It stinks to be camped by such a deceptive clown, but all plays are fair game =].

Fouquet2

10-08-2012

do people still fall for the clone baits in plat? i love shaco and do well with him most of them time but i was under the impression that the higher you got people stopped falling for his tricks and became much harder to use well

HughMyronbrough

10-08-2012

Why would you play Shaco over someone like Jungle Jarvan, who ganks hard and still offers utility later?

Nekrocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Dude's not kidding.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/22576164